At a glance
- Good hotel (1) "Good hotel" found in 1 review
- " Good hotel for a short city break, staff is friendly and helpful, rooms simple but clean, shopping ... "June 2012
- Staff is friendly and helpful (1) "Staff is friendly and helpful" found in 1 review
- " Good hotel for a short city break, staff is friendly and helpful , rooms simple but clean, shopping opportunities in the area, Pick up the Busdiensleister very good "June 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in general
Information about Fosshotel Lind
Hotel description *
- LocationIn year 2000 Reykjavík held the title of European City of Culture in recognition of its vigorous cultural life, including various festivals and a remarkable selection of artistic events. At the same time the capital has been named the hottest in Europe on account of its famed and dynamic nightlife. The adjoining towns also offer a range of attractions. The hotel is centrally located, near to museums, shops, restaurants and nightlife and within easy reach of the business and financial district. It is less than a minute's walk from the city's main shopping street and one of its main bus stations, and only a short stroll from the Reykjavík Municipal Art Museum.
- This city hotel is suited to business travellers and holidaymakers alike and was renovated in 2004. It comprises a total of 56 rooms on 3 floors. Facilities on offer include an entrance hall with 24-hour reception, a hotel safe, a currency exchange facility, a restaurant, and Internet access Other facilities include a TV lounge, a self-service laundry and a tour desk. Two well-equipped meeting rooms are available, suitable for small and medium-sized conferences. Parking is also available for those arriving by car.
- Each room comes with an en suite bathroom with hairdryer, as well as a direct dial telephone, a TV, a radio, a hi-fi system and wireless Internet access. An iron and ironing board, a double bed, individually adjustable heating and a room safe also come as standard.
- One of the country's best salmon rivers, Elliðaár, runs right through Reykjavík and is nonetheless unpolluted and clear, offering anglers a rare opportunity to land a salmon beside a busy motorway! Other recreational options include midnight golfing, horse trekking and whale watching.
- The hotel features Carpe Diem Restaurant, which offers breakfast, lunch and dinner and specialises in lamb and fish dishes.
- American Express, Diners Club, JCB, MasterCard and VISA are all accepted as methods of payment.
- The FLYBUS service costs about ISK 1.100 per person and take passengers from Keflavik Airport to most hotels in Reykjavik, this one. If driving by rental car, the Hotel is located downtown, just a few meters from Hlemmur city bus terminal and police station.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Luggage room
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Hairdressers/Beauty salon
- Play rooms
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Free parking
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Additional childrens' bed
- Satellite TV
- Coffee and tea
- Hair dryer
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Hotel bar
- Breakfast buffet
A choice of sports
- Spa centre
- Beauty treatments
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Gay friendly
- 24 hour security
- Car hire
- Information desk
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Free Wifi access included
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See