At a glance
- Great Hotel (4) "Great Hotel" found in 4 reviews
- " Great Hotel , centrally located "October 2011
- " The metropolis is a modern, chic equipped, small hotel in the middle of the city, located on Market street. The parking is done by the staff of the ... "October 2011
- " ... of $35 per night American also expect! (Be careful, in the parking lot a few trusting rats running around, don't be shocked! Probably attracted by the many garbage containers.) the rooms are very modern equipped, very clean, but very small. The view is on the first view a little frightening, ... "October 2011
- " ... rooms, as if the staff at the front desk What is edible, it will be confiscated. Apparently the food facilities are available... Otherwise all employees were super friendly and very attentive. Great hotel for a sightseeing! "October 2011
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in generalPros
- Hotel in general (4) Comments related to "Hotel in general" found in 4 reviews
- " Great Hotel, centrally located " read hotel reviewOctober 2011
- " The metropolis is a modern, chic equipped, small hotel in the middle of the city, located on Market street. The parking is done by the staff of the ... " read hotel reviewOctober 2011
- " ... of $35 per night American also expect! (Be careful, in the parking lot a few trusting rats running around, don't be shocked! Probably attracted by the many garbage containers.) the rooms are very modern equipped, very clean, but very small. The view is on the first view a little frightening, ... " read hotel reviewOctober 2011
- " ... rooms, as if the staff at the front desk What is edible, it will be confiscated. Apparently the food facilities are available... Otherwise all employees were super friendly and very attentive. Great hotel for a sightseeing! " read hotel reviewOctober 2011
- Hotel in general (4)
Central but in need of renovation
- Hotel not recommended
- Proof of booking
- City break
- March 2013
+Nice, central hotel next to the marketstreet, civic center station and the Westfield center + Very bad sourround (many homeless people) and the hotel is in need of renovation
Central overpriced hotel
- Hotel not recommended
- City break
- September 2012
We booked the hotel some months in the advance, since during our travels in San Francisco a Convention and most hotels mostly were already booked. The hotel price was therefore higher than usual. We took it however in purchase and hoping for a good hotel. When we got to the Metropolis arrived and the hotel room looked, we were very disappointed. It was the smallest double room, the we have ever seen. The for USA typical 2 double beds were not available. There was a small double bed at the window. This filled the largest part of the room and ... was only from a side. The room was with a desk & chair, as well as an ancient small small crt tv equipped. There were only a few channels. The picture and sound were miserable. The hotel is in an old building accommodated. The rooms are although reasonably currently furnished, it is however not to overlooked, that the building old. The windows were probably simply vitreous. In the autumn / winter, even if this rather mild is, I would not like to make in this hotel room stay. Therefore was probably an electric. miniheizofen in the room, the one ( for example before showering) in the bathroom is turned on. Evenings it was both in the room, as well as in the bathroom quite fresh. As the room very small and no space for luggage was available, it was positive, that a small utility closet was available. In this we got the luggages laid out. The bathroom was also very small. There were several very strong signs of wear to see, both on the floor / the walls, as well as on the ceiling. In the upper corners there was mold. The bathtub / shower looked old and not really inviting. On the first superficial impression made the bathroom a clean impression. After exact the bath/ tiles volatilized this impression. After one night we went to the front desk and complained the room. We told the hotel employees with, that we one of the smallest room during our several weeks USA-stay got. We asked, whether other rooms are available. We were told, that all rooms are booked. It was however offered, our things in the suit-cases to store, in the room and on occasion, if a different room, where appropriate, become vacant would, from the hotel staff in the other room to be brought to be able. Since there was no guarantee for a possibly freiwerdendes room and we have a lot of luggage included suitcases, bags, bags etc. Had, we were not prepared, all in a few bags to store and possibly to move. We stayed the 2. Night in the tiny room. The review of the hotel would have perhaps positive failed, if we have a normal large double room could have got. The hotel offers no breakfast at. At the front desk you can however a list of restaurants & bars in closer environment receive, the recommendable are. The hotel offers parking spaces at. These are costs 30 US Dollar per day. This service we didn't use, because we rental car already have returned. Another positive point is, that the hotel nearby some rental car provider is. Only 3a 4 minutes walk the rückgabezentrale of hertz, thrifty and alamo be achieved. The hotel itself is located in the middle of downtown. Around the corner is the Hilton Hotel, as well as various tagungszentren, bars and restaurants. It does not mean, however, that one in the area very safe feel. Around the hotel were at any time of the day a lot of homeless people to see. You durchwühlten also the trash cans of the hotel. During the day you could these people easily pass (without eye contact). Evenings avoided we however certain corners and stayed late at night in the hotel. A plus point of the hotel is the central location. It is a great starting point for excursions. To the Union Square and cable car it is only a few minutes walk. All other sights of the city are from there, but also from the hotel ( for example by buses ) easy to reach. In short: tiny room. Overpriced price. Lousy value for money. At best for 1a 2 night.
Close cable car in SF!
- Recommended hotel
- Proof of booking
- City break
- October 2011
Ideal gels out for San Francisco to see. Powell station and SF Information Center just a hundred meters from the hotel. Cable car only few hundred meters away! Lots of restaurants nearby. Enquire without a car in SF, because parking fees were quite expensive.
Great Hotel, centrally located
- Recommended hotel
- Other stay
- September 2011
The metropolis is a modern, chic equipped, small hotel in the middle of the city, located on Market street. The parking is done by the staff of the hotel because of lack of space. The best you do not look too closely, because the guys drive the car very close to each other, so that it is within the Stomach queasy. Our car is however intact again emerged from the underground. Well, you can with the parking of $35 per night American also expect! (Be careful, in the parking lot a few trusting rats running around, don't be shocked! Probably ... attracted by the many garbage containers.) the rooms are very modern equipped, very clean, but very small. The view is on the first view a little frightening, because we looked directly at the mason, corner Market street, where all kinds of strange designed, down-and-outs, etc. and also dealers hang. So had to turn left, not right, because from there begins a quarter, you should rather avoid. After about one hundred meters already reached the large visitor Center, where you can get all kinds of information and maps and buy can use the municipal pass, with you for, three or seven days free of charge all public means of transport. It is also right at the beginning of the cable car station market street-Fishermans Wharf. You can stay in San Francisco confidently its car (which also nervenschonender!), as all sights are reachable with public transport. The breakfast you can pick up from seven o 'clock at the front desk in a bag and then in the' breakfast room ' to itself. The seating area there is, however, very small (maximum of six seats). In the bag we found an orange, yogurt, and a muffin a juice. Not great, but better than nothing. And there's just around the corner a Starbucks. However one should take in bags stowed away food on carrying the rooms, as if the staff at the front desk What is edible, it will be confiscated. Apparently the food facilities are available. Otherwise all employees were super friendly and very attentive. Great hotel for a sightseeing!
Information about Hotel Metropolis
Hotel description *
- LocationThis hotel is located in San Francisco's famous Union Square district, just north of Market Street and one block west of the Powell Street Cable Car line. The hotel is surrounded by theatres, fine dining, and the best shopping San Francisco has to offer.
- This air-conditioned San Francisco boutique hotel has 10 floors and 105 rooms. The lobby provides a 24-hour check-out service. Vibrant colours are a trademark and each room brings together the elements of earth, wind, fire and water.
- All rooms have a fridge, hairdryer, ironing set, satellite TV with pay per view films, a Nintendo games console and complimentary high-speed Internet access. An en suite bathroom with shower and bathtub, a direct dial telephone, radio and individually regulated air conditioning and heating also feature in all rooms as standard.
- There is an on-site business centre, a gym, a library and a 'zen den' which is perfect for yoga or meditation.
- Farmer Brown is the on-site independently owned and operated urban restaurant and bar serving neo-soul food with an organic twist. The restaurant is open for dinner nightly.
- The hotel's family plan allows up to 2 adults and 2 children (17 years and younger) to share existing bedding when staying in the DBL room type.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Luggage room
- Non-smoking room
- Business centre
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Coffee and tea
- Hair dryer
- Electronic room keys
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Hotel bar
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Gay friendly
- Car hire
- Pets allowed
- Children welcome
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Free Wifi access included
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See