At a glance
- A dream hot (2) "A dream hot" found in 2 reviews
- " ... in New York, parts of Cuba - Dom.Rep..etc..etc.. This Hotel was a dream, my dream come true....direct on one of the worlkds best beaches, turquise sea water, white fine sand strand, next to a dream hot el - which offers during the day 2 complete opposites. One side of the beach for those of us ... "August 2012
- " ... be it USA (they were really great in this hotel - normal, not like at all the sort I meet in Mexico). Canada, Jamaicans visiting the hotel, or English, Welsh people. But if you are search ing for a q uiet hotel, where you can sit and enjoy the caribbean evening, this is not the place. The only ... "August 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in generalPros
- Hotel in general (2) Comments related to "Hotel in general" found in 2 reviews
- " ... in New York, parts of Cuba - Dom.Rep..etc..etc.. This Hotel was a dream, my dream come true....direct on one of the worlkds best beaches, turquise sea water, white fine sand strand, next to a dream hotel - which offers during the day 2 complete opposites. One side of the beach for those of us ... " read hotel reviewAugust 2012
- " ... be it USA (they were really great in this hotel - normal, not like at all the sort I meet in Mexico). Canada, Jamaicans visiting the hotel, or English, Welsh people. But if you are searching for a quiet hotel, where you can sit and enjoy the caribbean evening, this is not the place. The only ... " read hotel reviewAugust 2012
- Hotel in general (2)
Great holiday in the Riu Ocho Rios.
- January 2014
Despite the size of the hotel we felt very comfortable. The guest structure consisted of about 50% canadians, 35% americans and about 15% of europeans. English are compellingly necessary, since the staff speaks as well as none german. The food was very varied and always tasty, both in the main restaurant as well as in the steakhouse and gourmet restaurant. The asian restaurant we didn't try them. If you stay here over the meal complains, not to help is. %singlelinebreak % The rooms were always reliable cleaned and the minibar was always refilled with beer, Cola and water. Also had ... in the room a beverage machine with four bottles consisting of rum, Brandy, gin and Wodka. %singlelinebreak % The evening shows were of high quality. %singlelinebreak % A Novum, i have other hotels to emulate recommend was, that, no matter what time of day you to the gorgeous palmenbesäumten beach, always enough beach chairs available, so that you in the sun or under the palm trees always find an unoccupied pool chair. Pleasant nebenefekt none came on the idea, early in the morning to reserve beach chairs. %singlelinebreak % We had two trips with TUI booked. The Dunn's River Falls combined with a visit to nine mile, the birthplace of Bob Marley, as well as the Rio grande tour with a two-hour cosy rafting in the Rio grande. The trips are not cheap, but well worth the money. Especially the rep by lizzi, with extensive information aufwartete, is incredible. %singlelinebreak % It was a great holiday. The Riu Ocho Rios i wouldn't hesitate to recommend.
Once again RIU hotel
- November 2013
Yet another RIU hotel. The chain has really good standards so you know what to expect. The main feature of the hotel is its great beach. We really spent zero time in pool area because the beach was so great! Food is great, local beer is OK, other alcoholic beverages are chip local sorts. The hotel itself and its furniture is a little bit outdated.
Hands down great vacation
- September 2013
Took the wife and kid 10yr old to Riu Ocho Rios for a six day vacation. Read some reviews before going. There was not a lot of good reviews when it came to the resort, negative comments about the food, rooms, and staff. So i had some reservations about what we where getting our self's into, seeing this was our first trip out the country. After the trip was over all I can say OMG no worries Food was great buffet style well prepared, and do yourself a favor try to arrive at meals times you will be greeted with ... the wait staff at the door and food will be fresh and yummy, wait too long and down goes the quality. The resort was awesome great views no matter where you where at. You will see staff from sun up to sun down taking care of the property making sure everything is top notch. The bartenders seem to know every drink i could think of. The staff seemed a little up tight but when you speak to them nothing but smiles and fun words to shear. I do recommend tipping for the little extra care, but not a expectations. It was day three when i figured out that tipping was OK the first two days i felt bad for not tipping because of the great level of service. I you are not in need of trinkets or gonga i recommend staying away for the end of the beach, if you want to be hassle free.
Nice hotel for one week
- September 2013
The room was quite large. The complex has about 800 rooms, but the shows not so, because it runs. It was clean, but 5 stars are not appropriate, rather 3-4 stars. In Germany, Austria and the Switzerland it is rather 3 stars. Food very good and something for everyone. All-inclusive is a must, since Jamaica otherwise will be very expensive! 90% americans, canadians and 10% in europe. On the weekends also local.
Jamaica summer holiday with child
- August 2013
800 rooms, therefore very large area, the normal rooms are perfectly adequate, we even a room with a sea view offered, but for the booked room on the ground floor with a view of the garden (as well as on the cover picture on Holiday check, our room was quite below to see), the rooms with a sea view in the 5. floor (so always elevator!) And was high on the animation pool. Our room had early shade and was really nice with a balcony. One can also upgrade book, then one has still another beach chair on the balcony ..., but otherwise the rooms are similar, a theme restaurant you get more, but overall you should do this, if money were no object.
Information about ClubHotel Riu Ocho Rios
Information from HolidayCheck
Information from HolidayCheck *
- What the hotel offersClubHotel Riu Ocho Rios is a five star resort located in the neighborhood of Ocho Rios, Jamaica. This hotel is an ideal choice of accommodation for a tranquil summer getaway. Check in starts at 2 PM and check out must be done before 12 AM. Pets are not allowed on the premises. Minimum check-in age is 18 years of age. This hotel is wheelchair accessible and disability friendly.
- LocationOcho Rios is approx 103km from Jamaica Airport and 101km from Norman Manley Airport. Local points of interest include Dunn's River Falls, Dolphin Cove, Ocho Rios Beach, Bamboo Beach Club, Jamaican Taj Mahal and the famous beach from the motion picture 'Doctor No', where tourists swim and interact with dolphins.
- AccommodationHotel features 846 beautifully decorated rooms arranged over 6 floors. In room amenities include liquor dispenser, hydro-massage tubs, a radio alarm clock, a direct dial telephone, a free mini-bar that includes quality liquor and beer, a safety deposit box, a ceiling fan, a hair dryer, a king-sized bed or twin double beds and air conditioning. Extra beds are dependent on the room chosen.
- Food and DrinkAt this property guests can dine and drink at seven restaurants, a casino and a nightclub. Moreover, nearby streets offer many different dining options, including cafes and diners that serve local cuisine.
- LeisureComplimentary sun loungers on the beach are available. Leisure options at this facility comprise of water aerobics, land-based aerobics, an in-house gym, banana boating, motor boating, bocce, catamaran sailing, tennis, beach volleyball and a state of the art hair dressers salon.
- Other facilities and servicesAdditional services and amenities include games room with slot machines, supermarket and various on site shops, two conference rooms, a fully equipped gym featuring Nautilus commercial treadmill, elliptical trainer, abdominal crunch and a stairmaster freeclimber.
* HolidayCheck does not assume liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ at the time of booking from the description presented here. Solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form will be offered.
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Business centre
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Air conditioning
- Coffee and tea
- Hair dryer
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Fire alarm
- Hotel bar
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Spa centre
- Beauty treatments
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Children welcome
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See