At a glance
- Great holiday (4) "Great holiday" found in 4 reviews
- " Great holiday , always again Riu "September 2012
- " ... in New York, parts of Cuba - Dom.Rep..etc..etc.. This Hotel was a dream, my dream come true....direct on one of the worlkds best beaches, turquise sea water, white fine sand strand, next to a dream hot el - which offers during the day 2 complete opposites. One side of the beach for those of us ... "August 2012
- " ... be it USA (they were really great in this hotel - normal, not like at all the sort I meet in Mexico). Canada, Jamaicans visiting the hotel, or English, Welsh people. But if you are search ing for a q uiet hotel, where you can sit and enjoy the caribbean evening, this is not the place. The only ... "August 2012
- " great hotel , but no choice 5 star too much AMIS "February 2012
- Very friendly staff (1) "Very friendly staff" found in 1 review
- " ... English, you are a little lost here., but you can live with that, you can still communicate with hands and feet where you are. the hotel is definitely recommendable, super clean, food top, very friendly staff , even if it was fully at the bar and in the second row you will be immediately served. the ... "February 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in generalPros
- Hotel in general (4) Comments related to "Hotel in general" found in 4 reviews
- " Great holiday, always again Riu " read hotel reviewSeptember 2012
- " ... in New York, parts of Cuba - Dom.Rep..etc..etc.. This Hotel was a dream, my dream come true....direct on one of the worlkds best beaches, turquise sea water, white fine sand strand, next to a dream hotel - which offers during the day 2 complete opposites. One side of the beach for those of us ... " read hotel reviewAugust 2012
- " ... be it USA (they were really great in this hotel - normal, not like at all the sort I meet in Mexico). Canada, Jamaicans visiting the hotel, or English, Welsh people. But if you are searching for a quiet hotel, where you can sit and enjoy the caribbean evening, this is not the place. The only ... " read hotel reviewAugust 2012
- " great hotel, but no choice 5 star too much AMIS " read hotel reviewFebruary 2012
- Hotel in general (4)
- Service Friendliness (1) Comments related to "Service" found in 1 review
- " ... English, you are a little lost here., but you can live with that, you can still communicate with hands and feet where you are. the hotel is definitely recommendable, super clean, food top, very friendly staff, even if it was fully at the bar and in the second row you will be immediately served. the ... " read hotel reviewFebruary 2012
- Service Friendliness (1)
Hands down great vacation
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- September 2013
Took the wife and kid 10yr old to Riu Ocho Rios for a six day vacation. Read some reviews before going. There was not a lot of good reviews when it came to the resort, negative comments about the food, rooms, and staff. So i had some reservations about what we where getting our self's into, seeing this was our first trip out the country. After the trip was over all I can say OMG no worries Food was great buffet style well prepared, and do yourself a favor try to arrive at meals times you will be greeted with ... the wait staff at the door and food will be fresh and yummy, wait too long and down goes the quality. The resort was awesome great views no matter where you where at. You will see staff from sun up to sun down taking care of the property making sure everything is top notch. The bartenders seem to know every drink i could think of. The staff seemed a little up tight but when you speak to them nothing but smiles and fun words to shear. I do recommend tipping for the little extra care, but not a expectations. It was day three when i figured out that tipping was OK the first two days i felt bad for not tipping because of the great level of service. I you are not in need of trinkets or gonga i recommend staying away for the end of the beach, if you want to be hassle free.
Lovely hotel but terrible guests
- Recommended hotel
- Proof of booking
- Other stay
- April 2013
Alone the hotel is a nice hotel. Huge, but nice. We only 1 night stayed there, because we have a tour. Finally we were very glad, that we only 1 night in this Riu were, since stay by the other guests not really nice would. Incredibly lots of young americans & canadians, the only to Jamaica flies, to drinking and smoking. We have therefore this Riu unfortunately very loud party hotel experienced. The pool was full of lush, accordingly dirty was the water. Loud shouting. Also in the evening at the bar it was very loud. The rooms are okay ..., the furnishing is now a little old/worn, the balcony with simple plasktikmöbeln equipped. At night we were in the steak house eating, what we have stayed in Riu Palace in Costa Rica try the hatten. The steak was a little better than the Riu Costa Rica, still not the, what you under a good steak presents. In addition the food was with incredible long waiting periods connected. As mentioned, for one night it was alright and therefore, we recommend the hotel for a short stay further. A longer holiday we would have definitely not want to spend. The Dunn's River Falls about 5 minutes away by car.
- Recommended hotel
- Beach holiday
- April 2013
Relaxing and relaxing beach vacation with lots of possibilities country and people to get to know. Time and again, with pleasure.
Typical Riu - a great vacation...
- Recommended hotel
- Beach holiday
- April 2013
The hotel has 850 rooms, many suites and some deluxe suites. The rooms, as well as the hotel and also the hotel complex are clean and tidy. In the lobby can daily 90 minutes long wlan (wlan) be used free of charge. Connect under kubi_hall. If you are looking for a deluxe suite has, can wireless internet around the hour free of charge. In the room the telephone from directly durchgewählt are. There are all sorts of guests there. All age groups are represented. Very many americans and canadians are there. Less german, it was no typical destination for german ... tourists.
Riu ochos rios is no 'Riu' designation value
- Hotel not recommended
- Beach holiday
- January 2013
We are this year again in Riu, because we Riu very like, but the Riu ochos rios in Jamaica, was different. It is a 5 star hotel be, is however rather a 2 star hotel with almost 80% selbstbedienuwir had a room with a direct view of the sea booked and paid for, but we got at check in a room with lateral view of the sea and direct view of the roof the bar. First after numerous complaints we got then our proper room. The room and the bathroom were dirty, the bathtub moldy, silicone around the washbasin should ... be renewed, the mirror wouldn't only in the 2 weeks clean. If maid service the room made, were only the bed sheet tautened, ashtrays on the balcony emptied and the garbage bin was emptied- more not. Fresh bedding there was once and the incomplete!. Only a bed was made, against evening we got then the 2. bed freshly changed. In the room there was small flies. I hope that the flies were!, extremely small and very lots of them- the you at night bitten so that you again and again awake were! Fly screen was torn! The tv sofa was smelly so we our day blanket lie on it should be! The mini bar only all a couple of days refilled and then also incomplete! There was 2 bottles of water for sometimes 3 days! So of the pool bar on the way into the room bring your own! Call and because of drinks weight brings nothing at all. No one!. Ice machine there is in the corridor. But they are always turned off! A coffee machine, like we it from the other Riu hotels knew there was not, at all designed it is very difficult in the morning a decent coffee to get. There was only a coffee machine the morning 'to' and the only sports bar the 24 hours on. A Cappuccino there was almost 8 days not in whole Riu facilities! The coffee in st. Ann on breakfast table: a broth the partly also still very kommisch smell. Altogether there was 2 days ( at the time from 2 weeks ) sparkling wine for breakfast free of charge. Ever get any bar before 10 o'clock neither water nor anything else. You must to the st. Ann walk. The food everyday the same, the wine not enjoyable. In restaurants if one reservieret has, with the asians buffet! Thank you very much also. Champagne or sparkling wine you would be paid separately. Chinese restaurant was a pure disaster! The rice boiled over-rather a rice pudding. The beer we ordered we got not at all. And so on. So, it was really a very bad Riu. Sorry but that isn't on at all! The service: small Italy or mamme bay or st. Ann in the interior area or outside area would only water poured, sometimes not even the! Tables would never wiped, cutlery for 80% per cent on the buffet and not on the table. We are aware of Riu not! At the beach would not at all served, from time to time comb someone and glasses collected. The same evenings during event, no service you would have to itself drinks holen and a table was very difficult, when it rained, müssteman itself chair dry, the staff has guests just ignored. Guests are 70% from Canada, 25% from USA and 5% from the rest the world. Excursions would offered exaggerated price! In case you smokers are you cigarettes, in the hotel costs a packet of Marlboro 11$, i would here the jamaicanische dollars in us dollars 1:1 converted!. Waterfalls-beware! 5 $ for castle in case your things to include! Schloss you must afterwards back. 5 $! Cigarettes cost way here 13 $packing! Taxi very expensive in the hotel! Shops-no-only in the hotel and only in ochos rios and only souvenirs the absolutely overpriced are! In case shopping tour participate jamaicanische dollar carry forward! The beer ' red stripes' costs in ochos rios 4 $, on the black market, 3 $but that is not the market where shoppers. For us was the 'shopping trip' a very expensive experience and not recommendable!. Only the entertainment has 5 stars. The weather is very good! In case we have ever go back to Jamaica flies will definitely not here, but montego bay we saw on the return visit. And we must say unfortunately our travel agency the montego bay not recommended! Montego bay, wonderful beach and einfausmöglichkeiten and next to other hotel there are even Riu!. Well. Unfortunately that was not our vacation location! Unfortunately!
Information about ClubHotel Riu Ocho Rios
Hotel description *
- LocationThis beachfront property lies approximately 4 km from the town of Ocho Rios, shopping venues and Ocho Rios’ pier. Kingston can be reached by car in around 2 hours.
- Opened in 2005, this family-friendly beach hotel comprises a total of 856 rooms. Amongst the facilities count a foyer with a 24-hour reception desk, a safe and a currency exchange bureau in addition to a selection of shops, a hairdressing salon, a nightclub, a theatre hall, a casino, a 24-hour sports bar, a café and 7 restaurants. Affording wheelchair access, further amenities within the hotel include conference facilities, a laundry service, car parking, a kids’ club and a playground.
- Each of the rooms features an en suite bathroom with a hairdryer, satellite TV, a radio alarm clock, a direct dial telephone, a minibar, a drinks dispenser, a safe, a ceiling fan, a balcony and one king-sized bed or 2 double beds. The air conditioning is centrally controlled. There are 8 wheelchair-accessible rooms.
- In the outdoor area are 2 swimming pools, a children’s paddling area, 2 poolside bars and parasols, and sun loungers (also available on the sandy beach). It is possible to make use of the Jacuzzi, sauna, spa treatments and massage service. Further leisure options include water aerobics, land-based aerobics, an in-house gym, banana boating, motor boating, diving, sailing, fishing, windsurfing, canoeing, pedalo boating, jet skiing, catamaran sailing, tennis, beach volleyball, billiards and bocce. There is an entertainment programme to provide some variation for guests both young and old. It is 30 minutes by car to the nearest golf course.
- A hearty breakfast is on offer to guests each morning; lunch and the evening meal may also be selected from a buffet whilst the evening meal may also be taken à la carte. It is possible to book an all-inclusive stay.
- American Express, MasterCard and VISA are accepted.
- All non-motorised water sports are included in the all-inclusive package.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Business centre
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Cable TV
- Air conditioning
- Coffee and tea
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Fire alarm
- Hotel bar
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Spa centre
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Children welcome
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See