Steigenberger Grandhotel Petersberg(5 stars)Petersberg 53639 Königswinter/Bonn Deutschland
At a glance
- Five star hotel (1) "Five star hotel" found in 1 review
- " ... behind itself had (partly chipped paint, scruffy dining and charm from the 70) left really no feeling of wellness arise. Also the sauna, small and unassuming in a corner, is the expectations on a five star hotel not at all good. The statement: 'we have here by existing historical structures the area A ... "July 2012
- Great view (1) "Great view" found in 1 review
- " ... hour!) is nowadays not up-to-date anymore and should urgently be considered. Other Steigenberger hotels there are already far advanced. In short: Admirable something else! Here you can get the great view from the Petersberg offered, if you however wellness and comfort is in other hotels the ... "July 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in generalPros
- Hotel in general (1) Comments related to "Hotel in general" found in 1 review
- " ... behind itself had (partly chipped paint, scruffy dining and charm from the 70) left really no feeling of wellness arise. Also the sauna, small and unassuming in a corner, is the expectations on a five star hotel not at all good. The statement: 'we have here by existing historical structures the area A ... " read hotel reviewJuly 2012
- Hotel in general (1)
- Surroundings (1) Comments related to "Location" found in 1 review
- " ... hour!) is nowadays not up-to-date anymore and should urgently be considered. Other Steigenberger hotels there are already far advanced. In short: Admirable something else! Here you can get the great view from the Petersberg offered, if you however wellness and comfort is in other hotels the ... " read hotel reviewJuly 2012
- Surroundings (1)
Spectacular place and excelent customer service
- Recommended hotel
- Business trip
- May 2014
I've spent fantastic 3 days and 2 nights in hotel Steigenberger Grandhotel Bonn-Petersberg. Hotel is placed on mountain and surrounded by beautiful nature park Siebengebirge. There is fantastic and unforgetable view over the valley to river and willage on the other side. Customer service is extremely welcoming and excellent! I really enyojed my stay there. Thank you, Ilze, Latvia
Light and shadows in beautiful surroundings.
- Hotel not recommended
- Proof of booking
- Countryside & spa
- February 2014
The hotel already had its best years behind itself. The hotel staff was with our demands and complaints no great help. As a starting point for hikes, it is perfect! The menu in the valentine's day was a disaster. Every hobby cook would have asked us, if we are rare, medium or well done want to. In this restaurant you can get a piece of rare and the other between rare and media.
Flair out of time, but recommended.
- Recommended hotel
- Beach holiday
- January 2014
Historical place, a bit older. Flair is unique, but not necessarily suitable for young guests. Overall but definitely to be further recommended.
Good location, rooms are large and clean, the food is misera
- Recommended hotel
- Business trip
- January 2014
The hotel lives justifiably of its history. In the premises to stay overnight, where formerly kings and presidents resided, has something. Now comes the hotel however somewhat lost: the large halls and rooms, fill only very difficult with the small number of guests, the you meet. The rooms are accordingly large and clean. The central on the desk anzusteuernde underfloor heating surprised. The price-performance ratio in relation to the service was excellent. On the other hand, the breakfast buffet absolutely a flop: a Latte macchiato came rather than overheated milk vermengter latte at; the salmon smelled so strongly of fish ..., that it was more inedible, the horseradish was dry, the scrambled eggs. The fruit, if it is still what was, had its best days behind itself. The service staff would be in a Garni-hotel probably feel better. Overall: for the price one accepts all the negative things in purchase (so i would recommend the hotel further) - the claim of an traditional grandhotel, the Steigenberger hotel Petersberg but don't do it justice.
Gorgeous hotel in rhineland
- Recommended hotel
- Other stay
- December 2013
Great views, nice rooms and great food! It is worth a visit, but you must not have the ambition driven, there wellness to want! Pool and sauna was much too small!
Information about Steigenberger Grandhotel Petersberg
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThis luxury hotel on Petersberg is truly a fabulous destination that has developed into a location for international meetings. The building is also at the disposal of private guests demanding high standards in their accommodation. The hotel's history ensures guests may enjoy a unique atmosphere. Konrad Adenauer signed the Petersberger Convention here. Guests are able to enjoy impressive views of the surrounding Seven Mountains with their legendary dragon cliffs, which were glorified by the romantics of the 19th century such as Lord Byron as well as Richard Wagner. Alongside mountain walks, guests may also enjoy nearby Bonn and the modern museums there in addition to the beautiful old town.
- The hotel features 99 accommodation units. A lift can be used to access the upper floors. Services and facilities at the hotel include wireless internet access, a restaurant, a café, a bar, a babysitting service and a business centre. Guests arriving by car can park their vehicles in the garage or car park. A bicycle hire service gives guests the opportunity to explore the surrounding area independently.
- The hotel offers non-smoking rooms. All rooms feature air conditioning and a bathroom. A safe, a minibar and a desk also feature. Convenient features include internet access, a telephone, a TV and a radio. In each of the bathrooms, guests will find a shower, a hairdryer and bathrobes.
- The hotel offers an indoor pool. The terrace is the perfect place to while away the time. Guests can enjoy various leisure options during their free time, including a gym, a sauna and a steam bath, or for a fee, golf, a beauty salon and massage treatments.
- The hotel offers the following bookable meals and board options: breakfast and half board.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Address::Petersberg 53639 Königswinter/Bonn Deutschland
Phone: +49 2223 74-0
- What the hotel offersKnown for its history as the guest house of the Federal Republic of Germany the Steigenberger Grandhotel Petersberg nowadays still welcomes guests by classical elegance and comfort on the highest standard, as well as the legendary view over the idyllic Rhine valley. In the middle of Germany’s oldest nature reserve you may take a deep breath of the clear, fresh air and calm down from any daily stress. The magnificent architecture of the hotel’s exterior is reflected in the exclusive elegance of its interior. The thoughtfully chosen furnishings and hand-picked details lend a unique atmosphere to every one of our 99 rooms.
- LocationThe superb location between the river Rhine and the Siebengebirge hills provides numerous opportunities for creative programmes. Whether a convivial boat trip cruising past castles and palaces, ramble through woodes hills with an idyllic picnic is just as much fun as a sporty adventure in invigorating nature - the beautiful Rhine Valley offers diverse possibilities. An impressive range of cultural activities awaits you in nearby Bonn. Beethoven´s birthplace, the renowned Opera, Poppelsdorf Palace and naturally the Museum Mile with the Bundeskunsthalle, Haus der Geschichte and Museum Koenig all guarantee a first-class programme.
- AccommodationThe 88 spacious, elegantly furnished rooms, 11 noble spacious suites and the magnificent 250 square meter state guest suite with terrace invite to comfort. The exquisite interior creates an atmosphere of restrained elegance. In the suites, elegant furnishings, fine fabrics and antiques loans from the federal states create exquisite accents. Enjoy the view of the park, the Rhine and the forests of the Seven Mountains.
- Food and DrinkRestaurant Rheinterrassen with terrace Whether it’s classical cuisine with regional accent or international specialities - the Restaurant "Rheinterrassen" knows how to please the most demanding gourmets. Harmonizing with the high class gastronomy, you will enjoy the classical interior and a fantastic view over the Rhine valley. Bistro Café with Sommergarten With a magnificent view of the Rhine valley, in nice weather you can sit back and enjoy coffee and cakes or a selection of the frequently changing regional dishes on offer. For those who value a freshly drawn beer, they will always find the appropriate ale in the "Sommergarten". Big Animals Bar A digestif, freshly drawn beer, cocktails and a variety of national or international drinks - the Big Animals Bar offers them all, in a classical atmosphere to successfully round off your evening.
- LeisureA grand hotel is not only judged by its beautiful rooms but also by the facilities it offers. Our wellness and fitness area offers you a perfect oasis of recreation. A refreshing swim in the pool, a light workout in the modern fitness area or a relaxing sauna round off a perfect personal programme, before finishing your day off with the magical view of the Rhine valley from the terrace. Enjoy and relax with the soothing Beauty and Spa programmes of the Juba wellness temple (early appointments requested) and the health programmes of Skolamed Clinic for Preventive Medicine.
- Other facilities and servicesThe venue where major decisions haven been debated by leading state dignitaries from all over the world is an exclusive setting for meetings and conferences. Whether you are planning a smaller working session, a large congress or glittering evening function – Steigenberger Grandhotel Petersberg offers the fitting location. Our 15 conference rooms await you in unrivalled ambience. All rooms are flooded with daylight, are equipped with modern conference technology and most of them have access to one oft he many lovely terraces. A representative highlight for receptions and festivities is the unique Rotunde, which offers many possibilities for celebrating in stylish elegance.
- Luggage room
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Capacity of conference and banquet facilities: < 500
- Business centre
- Business Centre Use: charged
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Double bed
- Air conditioning
- Minibar: alcoholic
- Electronic room keys
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Fire alarm
- Number of restaurant seats altogether: < 100
- Diabetic menu
- Vegetarian dishes
- Dishes for those with allergies
- Gluten free
- Hotel bar
- Number of hotel bars for non-guests: 1
- Number of cafes altogether: 1
- Number of cafes for non-guests: 1
- Packed lunches
- Catering service
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Billiard tables
- Spa centre
- Special massages
- Steam room/ turkish bath
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Number of stars/domestic category: 5 Stars
- Check in from: 14:00
- Check out no later than: 12:00
- Gay friendly
- Late check out
- Airport transfer
- Shuttle bus transfer from the airport: charged
- Express check in and check out
- 24 hour security
- Nature reserve
- Ticket service
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Pets allowed
- Children welcome
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Free Wifi access included
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See