Hotel Divan Ankara Cukurhan(5 stars)Tarihi Ankara Kalesi Necatibey Mahallesi Depo Sokak No:3 Ulus 06240 Ankara View on map
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
- Recommended hotel
- Countryside & spa
- September 2012
We were just passing through from Istanbul to cappadocia and in Cukurhan wonderful relaxing days. In Anakara there is otherwise only business hotels, but that was not what we were looking for. The divan Cukurhan is a restored caravanserai from the 16. Century, and is directly at the old fortress of Ankara and is of the historic part of town surrounded. The rooms and the service is far above average in Turkey. The Turkish breakfast is wonderful delicious, as well as the hotel own restaurant, which in the nextdoor museum is housed. The rooms, which are very tastefully decorated and ... the baths are huge. For us were the days total relaxation, it fit everything. Very good free Wi-Fi, modern fitness center, great Library and separate business area is available. What this hotel but really unique, is in the middle of story to be. Who in Ankara is, should there again even if it to the business center a few kilometers are, taxi is very convenient and is not a problem dar. A tip it: there is in Ankara two divan hotels, therefore the taxi drivers please say he wanted to 'Ankara kalesi' drive, which fortress is, apart from that is the opportunity large that the taxi driver you to the business hotel divan drives. We should once again in Ankara are, we will certainly stay there again
Chic boutique hotel in new tourist area
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- May 2012
Chic boutique hotel in new tourism area in Ankara, with the taxi are all sights easy to reach. Room amenities very good. Curiously, from the mini bar article without our interference disappeared, but these are not calculated. Luxurious interiors bathroom, as well as beautiful view over Ankara.
Information about Hotel Divan Ankara Cukurhan
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationLocated opposite the main entrance of the Ankara Citadel, close to the site which was formerly known as the Horse Market and on the west side of the present Çengelhan Rahmi M. Koç Museum, the hotel enjoys a good central location in the Ulus district of Ankara, home to both key government ministries and most embassies. There are links to the public transport network within walking distance. A further area attraction is the Museum of Anatolian Civilisations. Esenboga International Airport is about 28 km from the establishment.
- The brick and stone building began its life in the 16th century as a caravanserai or inn but caught fire in 1950 and much of it was destroyed. Placed on the 'Watch List of 100 Most Endangered Sites of the World' it was leased for restoration in 2006 and work was completed in 2010. It is a truly unique hotel combining history, distinctive décor, superior service and a location ideal for both business and sightseeing. Guests will find a meeting room with conference facilities, a breakfast room and brasserie at their disposal, as well as a bar and a library. Complimentary Internet access is provided. Guests are welcomed in the lobby with 24-hour reception and a currency exchange. Room service, a laundry service and a car park are all also available for additional fees.
- Each room at the hotel has its own personality and is a unique design statement about the interaction of historic structures and modern convenience. All of the rooms are spacious and graciously appointed to ensure a comfortable stay. Amenities include wireless Internet access, tea and coffee facilities and design features that highlight the authentic beauty of historic half-timbered brick masonry, weathered stone and wood etches, all beautified by the passage of time. All are en suite with a rain shower. A double bed, satellite/cable TV, radio, safe, air conditioning and central heating also come as standard.
- Guests are invited to work out in the small gym.
- A continental breakfast is served each morning.
- MasterCard and VISA are accepted as payment methods at this hotel.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Satellite TV
- Coffee and tea
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Hotel bar
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Express check in and check out
- Car hire
- Ticket service
- Currency exchange
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Free Wifi access included
- Laundry service