We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Nice location with many drawbacks.
- Nachweis erbracht
- January 2014
For a short stay the hotel is ok. We stayed three nights there, that was enough. The grounds are very nice and the nearby lake also. The beach chairs and towels at the pool were already very worn out and also the bungalows may use a renovation. In the room, there was no storage space. Drawers were not available, and in the wardrobe there is no possibility to hang up something, since in the mid-a board is appropriate. It is not much against insects in the room done. I have some spinnenbisse closed, even after my return still medically to ... be dealt with. Also the room was cleaned only superficially. In the dining room, it was always very full and loud, because the tour groups all at the same time food. The offer of the food is the same every day. The quality is not very high and the staff poorly trained. The hotel was by the travel agent, we personally would not choose it.
A roundtrip on the lake with beautiful garden
- January 2013
The hotel has 90 bungalows. When arriving with drums welcome. The body of the hotel is in the front desk, including the bar and under the restaurant divided. These stufenaufbau we found very nice. The restaurant is open to the lake, very close to nature overlooking birds, squirrels and lizards. Everything seemed very clean and neat. We had booked half board. Guest structure was international, because it as rundreisenhotel used. The bungalows are in the huge yard, the way in the central area can a few minutes.
Great hotel, great location
- December 2012
We were as a part of a round trip for two nights at amaya lake building. The spacious and very well maintained parklike setting resort is located on the man-made lake. The numerous rooms are in single bungalows and were for our taste very attractively furnished. Particularly to mention is the exceptionally affectionate flower arrangements on the bed. The guest structure: mixed, all nationalities, predominantly pairs.
Information about Hotel Amaya Lake
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThe hotel is located on the shores of Kandalama Lake in the heart of Sri Lanka’s Cultural Triangle. 160 km from Colombo, this is a 40-acre sanctuary that surrounds guests with nature.
- The raban drum heralds guests’ arrival. Four older women, flashing beautiful Sri Lankan smiles, encircle a large barrel drum where they pound out a hearty rhythm. Flowing white Vesak lanterns hang from the high ceilings of the open-air lobby. Guests will meander down a forested path to discover their villas, or continue to the Warichchi Village and begin a week-long journey in the Ayurvedic Spa. The resort offers 92 Sri Lankan villas scattered amongst the trees of the forested grounds. Facilities provided at the hotel include a lobby area, a hotel safe, currency exchange service, a bar, restaurant, conference facilities and room and laundry services. Wifi Internet access is also provided, allowing guests to surf wirelessly throughout the complex.
- All of the villas feature a bedroom area; a spacious bathroom with shower and bathtub; a lounge area with sofa and plasma screen TV; and a covered veranda with a traditional long seat moulded into the patio. Double and quadruple villas are available for families and small groups. There are also four adjoining luxury villas which offer spacious rooms with high wooden ceilings, contemporary Sri Lankan décor and furnishings in elegant dark wood panelling. Each villa has its own individual layout and special furnishings and is equipped with air conditioning.
- The resort offers tennis, badminton, a cricket pitch and volleyball. There is also a children’s playground, a centrally located swimming pool, shops and nature trails for guests to enjoy. Furthermore an Ayurvedic Spa and a yoga Ashrama can be found by the edge of the lake.
- The Samara restaurant offers a buffet of Sri Lankan and international cuisine. There are also two bars, both with views of Kandalama Lake. The open-air bar is located in the lower deck of the lobby. The nearby pool-bar serves a full range of tropical juices, cocktails, beers and spirits. The Wewe Kade restaurant is located by the Warichchi Village and serves flavoursome, healthy vegetarian cuisine cooked on a traditional wooden stove.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- What the hotel offersWander along shaded pathways, cradled by soothing foliage and surrender to the pristine beauty of Amaya Lake. Nestled along the tranquil banks of the picturesque Kandalama Lake, this 44-acre sanctuary is set amidst a lush blanket of greenery, overlooking the misty mountains of The Sleeping Soldier. Beckoning your arrival to this charming four star hotel in Dambulla is the uplifting rhythm of catchy raban melodies and a sweet-scented floral garland. Surrounded by bountiful nature, our chalets are infused with an enchanting touch of traditional styles. Wake up to the soft chirping of birds as they soar right outside your window. Savour the distinguished flavours of authentic Sri Lankan cuisine or immerse yourself in the relaxing therapies of our exclusive Ayurvedic spa. Inspiring and refined – the ambiance at this elegant hotel in Sri Lanka is submerged in culture. Discover a paradise of natural wonders, where a warm welcome leads to invigorating journeys and bespeak cultural experiences beyond the hotel.
- LocationDirections Amaya Lake is located 146 km from the Bandaranaike International Airport in Katunayake. To reach Dambulla from the airport, it is best to travel by car, which will take approximately four-and-a-half hours. Airport transfers can be arranged by the resort. If travelling by train, guests will need to get to the closest railway station, which is about 2 km away from the airport. Once you get to Dambulla, a three-wheeler can be taken to reach the resort, located around 41 km away from the train station. As you cross the bund of the Kandalama Tank, signage will point you in the direction of the resort. Whether you opt to travel by car or train, the route from the international airport to Dambulla will expose you to the stunning nature and scenic attractions of Sri Lanka. Transportation For those who prefer to explore nearby attractions of the resort, it is possible to book excursions at the reception. Travellers have the option to travel on a Safari Jeep or a Landmaster tractor, as an alternative. We also arrange a comprehensive chauffeur-driven service, enabling you to comfortably get around. In addition to land-based travelling, the resort has a convenient helipad and seaplane facility, offering you a selection of travelling options. For those who want to explore on their own, the bus station is located 11 km away from the resort.
- AccommodationEach room is designed to resonate a home-away-from-home feeling, with soft, earthy tones to let your mind escape from the cares of the world. Accentuating the finer details from furniture to flooring are elegant wooden accents of Kumbuk timber, tastefully blending contemporary décor with Sri Lankan flair. Each room opens out to a terrace, with a traditional long seat moulded into the patio, ideal for relaxing, reading or enjoying the natural surroundings. Be mesmerized by sweeping views of the shimmering lake as you wander along our lush gardens, amid the quiet whispers of rustling trees. Shaded pathways lead you to your very own oasis, thoughtfully arranged through well-spaced trees. All resort accommodations feature spacious bathrooms with phones, full-length mirrors and digital safes. All rooms are also furnished with a writing table and chair and equipped with a plasma television inclusive of international and local channels. In-room amenities include a private mini-bar, tea and coffee making facilities, as well as a telephone. Amaya Superior – Suites also have the added luxury of a private Jacuzzi.
- LeisureSouvenir Shop Pool Recreation Excursions Business Centre Bird Watching Entertainment Palm Reading Dining Spa
- Other facilities and servicesSouvenir Shop Pool Recreation Excursions Business Centre Bird Watching Entertainment Palm Reading Dining Spa
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Shops in the hotel
- Hotel safe
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Satellite TV
- Hair dryer
- Hotel bar
- Breakfast buffet
- Packed lunches
A choice of sports
- Tennis court
- Spa centre
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Evening programs and entertainment
- Airport transfer
- Currency exchange
- Free Wifi access included
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See