At a glance
- With very good food (2) "With very good food" found in 2 reviews
- " ... pool area is very nice, with direct sea view. We had only booked accommodation and breakfast and all I can also only recommend. In the area surrounding the hotel, there is numerous restaurants with very good food . The breakfast was sufficient, not more. In the two weeks our stay there was zero variety. ... "May 2012
- " ... nice, with direct sea view. We had only booked accommodation and breakfast and all I can also only recommend. In the area surrounding the hotel, there is numerous restaurants with very good food. The breakfast was sufficient , not more. In the two weeks our stay there was zero variety. Eventually you can have a variety ... "May 2012
- Good hotel in a very good location (1) "Good hotel in a very good location" found in 1 review
- " Good hotel in a very good location "May 2012
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Quality (2) Comments related to "Food" found in 2 reviews
- " ... pool area is very nice, with direct sea view. We had only booked accommodation and breakfast and all I can also only recommend. In the area surrounding the hotel, there is numerous restaurants with very good food. The breakfast was sufficient, not more. In the two weeks our stay there was zero variety. ... " read hotel reviewMay 2012
- " ... nice, with direct sea view. We had only booked accommodation and breakfast and all I can also only recommend. In the area surrounding the hotel, there is numerous restaurants with very good food. The breakfast was sufficient, not more. In the two weeks our stay there was zero variety. Eventually you can have a variety ... " read hotel reviewMay 2012
- Quality (2)
- Nachweis erbracht
- July 2013
Were for the 11. time at the Algarve and for the first time in the oriental. Hotel is located on the edge of the main street and party mile. Very quiet and yet centrally located. Our studio was on arrival not yet free, so that we one night in a family room Accommodated. Not so nice. But it was ok. The hotel was very clean and the staff was helpful. Breakfast was ok, but dinner not so great. Was probably because of the fact, that only about 20 people half board Had, and therefore the choice quite manageable. Sunbathing area ... with beach very nice, and always beach chairs available. The pool is quite small, but one is In a few steps to the ocean. The beach of Praia de Rocha is beautiful. As each time we had a rental car. A trip after monchiqe with mountain hike on the picota, or the west coast with the beautiful beaches of villa de bispo is highly recommended. Conclusion: oriental gladly again, but only with breakfast.
- Nachweis erbracht
- May 2013
Nice, proximity to the beach located hotel, nice ambiance, friendly, helpful staff, clean, breakfast was good
Magnificent vacation at the Algarve
- October 2012
The Algarve is the southernmost region of portugal. The rock formations and the beach with fine sand pleased us. The hotel and the whole environment were perfect and are very recommendable. Summer heat around the 26 degrees celsius and still pleasant water temperatures have the vacation rounded. Problematic and little relaxing were, however, the return-due to the stopover and long stay in Lissabon. Extremely was the return flight, amongst others by a delay of the aircraft in Lissabon: 2 o'clock in the morning get up, evenings at 19:30 o'clock back in our hometown.
Great holiday at a beautiful beach
- September 2012
Hotel of average size, very well maintained condition, everything very clean, guest structure was very mixed, due to the time of travel-hardly any children and young people, very quiet, we had booked only breakfast, quality was good, but hardly variety, for one week it was ok.
Older, however nice hotel
- September 2012
The hotel is already a bit older, but by the oriental style and the well maintained condition it looks more stylish as old. The hotel works beginning September not very busy and rather quiet. The rooms are tastefully decorated. Breakfast you could theoretically on the terrace, but this was rather poor-that is in other hotels this category often beautiful and comfortable solved. In this respect the hotel appears to be a little lifeless. The garden bar looks more like a theoretical decor.
Information about Hotel Oriental
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThis popular apartment hotel overlooks a fine-sandy beach, which is only a promenade away using the direct beach access and located right in the tourist centre of Praia da Rocha. The surrounding area offers plenty of shops, bars, nightclubs and restaurants. The centre of the city of Portimão with its numerous shopping venues is only 3 km away.
- This exotic and charming hotel lies directly over Praia da Rocha beach. It has a total of 90 rooms. A cosy hotel bar with sea view and an exclusive à la carte restaurant are some of the facilities available. There is also a children’s playground, wireless Internet access and Internet points (extra charge). At the 24-hour reception guests may inquire about all kind of activities and excursions, car rental, events and general information.
- All rooms offer side sea views, with an en suite bathroom, balcony, hairdryer, direct dial telephone, satellite/cable TV, wireless Internet and a safe (with charge). They are also equipped with a kitchenette and daily housekeeping as standard. One extra bed or baby cot are available.
- In the garden area, guests will find a panoramic swimming pool with a children's area and sea view. There is a large lawn for sunbathing. An entertainment programme is also on offer for both young and older guests. Various water sports as sailing, surf and jet-skis are available just a short distance away. There is a golf course 4 km away.
- A breakfast buffet is available every morning. Restaurant Oriental offers guests an à la carte menu or daily specials at lunch time or dinner. Room service (fee chargeable) is also available.
- American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard, VISA, and some debit cards are all accepted.
- From Faro Airport: drive on highway A22 in the direction of Portimão. Exit in Portimão and follow on the main road in the direction of Praia da Rocha. In Praia da Rocha drive towards the east following hotel signs direction ‘Santa Catarina’ fortress.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Luggage room
- Non-smoking room
- Hairdressers/Beauty salon
- Business centre
- Play rooms
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Additional childrens' bed
- Satellite TV
- Coffee and tea
- Hair dryer
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Diabetic menu
- Hotel bar
- Breakfast buffet
- Catering service
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Outdoor pool
- Spa centre
- Beauty treatments
Other hotel information
- City hotel
- 24 hour reception
- Evening programs and entertainment
- Babysitting/Child services
- Airport transfer
- 24 hour security
- Car hire
- Ticket service
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See