Olympic Palace Resort Hotel & Convention Center(5 stars)Leoforos Iraklidon Ixia Ialyssos View on map
At a glance
- Good hotel (2) "Good hotel" found in 2 reviews
- " Beautiful and good hotel ; very friendly and competent staff; food was always varied and abundant. Spacious and ... "September 2012
- " ... behind the hotel stands. Be careful with the tennis court since a half is lowered and if you don't look it could very painful. Overall it was a nice vacation can unfortunately nothing about the value for money say since we were rebooked. In any case hired car check-out counters and island on your own ... "June 2012
- Lovely hotel in a good location (1) "Lovely hotel in a good location" found in 1 review
- " Lovely hotel in a good location "September 2012
- Very friendly and competent staff (1) "Very friendly and competent staff" found in 1 review
- " Beautiful and good hotel; very friendly and competent staff ; food was always varied and abundant. Spacious and comfortable room; shower somewhat outdated; ... "September 2012
- Not suitable for children (1) "Not suitable for children" found in 1 review
- " ... I think it was the fact that it only 2 people were! If you to the beach go would like must one a very seldom droven coast street street cross. During ours vacation even a Greek started! So not suitable for children . Cocktails were not the all inclusive for everyone! You should only book a room with a sea ... "June 2012
- Read more
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Hotel in generalPros
- Hotel in general (2) Comments related to "Hotel in general" found in 2 reviews
- " Beautiful and good hotel; very friendly and competent staff; food was always varied and abundant. Spacious and ... " read hotel reviewSeptember 2012
- " ... behind the hotel stands. Be careful with the tennis court since a half is lowered and if you don't look it could very painful. Overall it was a nice vacation can unfortunately nothing about the value for money say since we were rebooked. In any case hired car check-out counters and island on your own ... " read hotel reviewJune 2012
- Child friendliness (1) Comments related to "Hotel in general" found in 1 review
- " ... I think it was the fact that it only 2 people were! If you to the beach go would like must one a very seldom droven coast street street cross. During ours vacation even a Greek started! So not suitable for children. Cocktails were not the all inclusive for everyone! You should only book a room with a sea ... " read hotel reviewJune 2012
- Hotel in general (2)
- Facilities (1) Comments related to "Room" found in 1 review
- " Beautiful and good hotel; very friendly and competent staff; food was always varied and abundant. Spacious and comfortable room; shower somewhat outdated; negative for those size of the hotel existing lifts. " read hotel reviewSeptember 2012
- Facilities (1)
- Recommended hotel
- Beach holiday
- August 2013
Large modern hotel close to Rhodes-city. Many areas have been renovated, as well as our room. We had booked all inclusive and the guests in the hotel were different nationality
Relaxing seaside holiday in hotel olympic palace
- Recommended hotel
- Beach holiday
- July 2013
Basically, it was a very successful holiday, with small drawbacks with the cleaning of the room and with the little existing hotels own beach chairs at the beach.
Pleasant hotel in a very good location
- Recommended hotel
- Beach holiday
- May 2013
My partner and i verbachten a week at the olympic palace in ixia. The hotel is located very close to the airport, but no aircraft noise. The transfer was pleasant short, perhaps 10 kilometer. we were very friendly in the hotel and the drain was very professional. Our booked room was immediately obtainable and was very modern and luxuriously furnished. We have found no lack. It was very clean. As very pleasant we found the dinner in the hotel. Every day there was a different international specialty and we really liked the food. It was always fresh and very good ... quality. Always on the buffet was, of course, salad and dessert to find. Also the staff in the dining room was very service oriented and pleasantly reserved. The drinks were served at the table and good attitude taken care of. Our conclusion on the olympic palace: you can catch this hotel are not much wrong. Good price-performance ratio.
Well-kept, clean hotel
- Recommended hotel
- Beach holiday
- May 2013
We stayed a week with our granddaughter in the oympic palace. In may the temperatures were already quite hot, and we could a nice stay enjoy. Selected we had this hotel, among other things, as it is close to the airport is located, so we had with the child no long transfer way. Despite being close you had no aircraft noise. The rooms were clean and well maintained, we had no deficiencies in the room can. We found it, for greek 5 stars, very good. The room service/cleaning was very thorough and regular. From the food, we can still rave ... about. It gave there really good food with an enormous selection at the buffet. At hotel was good, as well as vegetarians. The drinks were served at the table. The outdoor area was also very nicely arranged. There were two large swimming pool and a children's swimming pool. Everything without flaws. To us the hotel was olympic palace a very tidy and clean hotel with good service. We can recommend it.
- Recommended hotel
- Beach holiday
- April 2013
We had us for the olympic palace, since we a relaxing nivauvollen holiday wanted. And we are definitely not disappointed. In the hotel on clothes and behaviour was paid attention to. The employees were nice, friendly and unobtrusive, but great service was always respected. A german holiday you can expect, because there were different nationalities tourists, most of them speak english. The food was varied and delicious. It was daily changing national dishes. Because the hotel close to Rhodos city lag, we have this time a rental car without, which worked very well. To buy one could also close at ... the hotel and some taverns there was also nearby. Our room was sensational clean and tidy. So about this hotel we can't really say anything negative, if you with children travels, you should know, that one to the beach over a street must, so not alone let go. Otherwise they were all there, as we were able to watch, very pleasant whilst dealing with children. Anyway, overall very nice there.
Information about Olympic Palace Resort Hotel & Convention Center
Hotel description *
- LocationThis hotel is located in Ixia, a town in Ialyssos, only 100 m from the shingle beach and around 5 km from the centre of Rhodes. Buses and taxis are available in front of the hotel to take guests to the town, whereas it is around 12 km to the airport.
- This lovely, air-conditioned hotel offers a total of 338 spacious guestrooms spread over 8 floors, including 1 Presidential suite which is pure luxury, junior suites, duplex rooms, studios and apartments. The unique architecture, fitting to the hotel's mountainous surroundings, enables guests to have a breathtaking view of the Aegean Sea and the mountains of Turkey. Apart from laundry and room services, the hotel features a lobby area, a 24-hour reception, a hotel safe, a currency exchange counter, lifts and a small supermarket. Guests may also take advantage of the theatre auditorium, the bar, the TV lounge, the conference facilities and the restaurant. Guests may also make use of the hotel's public Internet access (charges apply), the kids' club and the playground.
- The rooms all come with an en suite bathroom with hairdryer, a direct dial telephone, satellite/ cable TV, a minibar, centrally regulated air conditioning, and a radio. The rooms also all include a fridge and a hire safe as well as a terrace.
- The hotel grounds feature an adults' swimming pool and a children's swimming pool, both filled with salt water and with sun loungers and parasols laid out ready for use. The indoor, heated swimming pool is for adults and may be viewed from the gardens. A gym and a sauna are available for guests' use in the basement. Further leisure options, for an additional fee, include jet skiing, windsurfing, tennis and minigolf. Additionally, guests may try their hand at table tennis or aerobics or enjoy the entertainment programme for children.
- Guests may serve themselves from the buffets at breakfast and dinner. Half-board stays are available to be booked.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- What the hotel offersDiscover refined elegance and genuine hospitality. Olympic Palace Luxury Resort Hotel, recently renovated in 2009-12, stands out with its’ unique architecture, contemporary and chic interior design as well as for its’ attentive service, upscale amenities and blissful tranquility. Elegantly designed and optimized with comfort in mind, 65% of our guest rooms are on sea view with amazingly large verandas. Relax in our beautiful & well maintained gardens, or simply 'chill out' by the swimming pool and get pampered by our genuinely friendly and hospitable staff or take a stroll down to the beach and enjoy a swim in the crystal clear blue waters; whatever you do you can rest assured that your stay at the Olympic Palace will be a most refreshing and enjoyable one.
- LocationLocated on the fabled island of Rhodes, the Olympic Palace Hotel, is a stylish resort – Hotel which radiates elegance from within a lush vicinity of the Ixia Bay. The hotel is just 50 meters from the Beach, 1 minute walk to a local bus stand, within walking distance from Ixia’s commercial district, 5 km from Rhodes Town & 15 minutes from the Airport (12 km).
- AccommodationDouble / Twin Mountain View 22 m2 Double / Twin Sea View 22 m2 Large Double Mountain View 32 m2 Large Double Sea View 32 m2 Superior Family Sea View 36 m2 Junior Suite Mountain/Sea View 36 m2 Suite Sea View 42 m2 Maisonette Sea View 110 m2 Presidential Suite Sea View 140 m2 All rooms feature: • Balcony with chairs and table • Air-Conditioning • Direct dial phone • Mini bar • Satellite color TV • Safe Deposit Box • Hair Dryer • Tea-coffee making facilities • Music • Express Check-out service • Body and bath cosmetics Junior Suites & Suites additional amenities; • Superior Bath • Superior Body treatments cosmetics • Bath robes and slippers • CD / DVD player • Sun loungers on balcony • Interactive LCD TV services • PAY TV, Video on demand, TV Internet, Worldwide news, on screen bill viewing
- Food and DrinkOverlooking verdant gardens, the Main Restaurant at Olympic Palace serves up scrumptious cuisine, offering a chic dining experience amongst stylish decor. Catering for up to 650 people, the main restaurant serves Full International Breakfast Buffet, Lunch and Dinner. Olympian Snack Bar invites you to indulge in the beauty of the Mediterranean cuisine through a fine selection of light snacks or mouth-watering hot and cold meals. In-Room-Dining / Room Service: Enjoy a wide range of culinary delights in the comfort and privacy of your room. Our room service is available on a 24 hour basis with a limited choice overnight. Our bars have been carefully designed, each portraying a different atmosphere bound to enchant you while enjoying a casual drink. Pool Bar: The Pool bar is the main entertainment hub. During daytime, most activities take place in or around the pool area with the Pool Bar as the place of reference. Refreshing drinks are served all day accompanied by vogue tunes. Our selection of spirits and wines has been carefully developed through a span of 30 years serving the tastes and preferences of our finest repeating clientele. Lounge Bar (Lobby Area): Get in the mood as you prepare for your evening entertainment, or enjoy fine coffee before or after dinner. In any case, stylish and tranquil shapes and colors make the Lounge Bar an ideal place to converse. Aquasia Roof Garden (8th Floor - Roof Top): Renowned for its astounding summer Sunset view, the Aquasia Roof Bar gets its name from overlooking a lagoon-like illusion uniting Europe's coastline with Asia's border mountain line. Dressed in luminescent blue lighting, Aquasia's theme reflects the blue waters of Ixia Bay. Round Convention Hall Bar (1st Floor): Exclusive bar placed adjoined to all Conference and Banquet Halls, opened for the convenience of all private Functions, Meetings and Special Events.
- LeisureTwo (2) outdoor swimming pools with fresh water Separate children's pool Indoor heated pool with Jacuzzi Jets, Gym, Sauna, Hairdressing Salon with various SPA and Massage Treatments Tennis court, Mini Golf, Table Tennis Games Room Indoor Super Market Internet Corner Rent a Car Office & Bicycle Rental Sports facilities at the beach: Wind Surfing, Kite Surfing, Jet Skiing and Beach Volley. Animation Activities: A wide variety of daily activities, sports & games available throughout the day including aqua aerobics, darts, volley ball, soccer, tennis, table tennis, water polo and beach volley. Evening Entertainment: Entertainment programs for all ages take part at the Aquasia Roof Garden Bar, at the Lounge Bar and by the Pool Bar depending weather conditions. During evening the Pool Bar transforms into a cabaret style district where young and older guests enjoy themed shows and games, all orchestrated by our experienced animation team. A Greek night with live music and folklore dancers is also available.
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Shops in the hotel
- Business centre
- Play rooms
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Satellite TV
- Coffee and tea
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Connecting rooms
- Full board
- Number of restaurants altogether: 1
- Diabetic menu
- Vegetarian dishes
- Dishes for those with allergies
- Gluten free
- Hotel bar
- Number of cafes altogether: 1
- Number of cafes for non-guests: 1
- Breakfast in the room
- Packed lunches
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Outdoor pool
- Tennis court
- Number of tennis courts: 1
- Spa centre
- Special massages
- Number of saunas: 1
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Evening programs and entertainment
- Number of stars/domestic category: 5 Stars
- Babysitting/Child services
- Early check in
- Late check out
- 24 hour security
- Car hire
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Children welcome
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See