Hotel review overview
Nice large room.
- Recommended hotel
- Proof of booking
- Business trip
- January 2014
I had a nice large room. The room was very clean. Clairaudient should a room to the street, there is the tram to be heard clearly. The breakfast could have been more variety.
Single rooms are tiny
- Recommended hotel
- Proof of booking
- Business trip
- June 2013
Good hotel in excellent location with delicious breakfast. Beech generally a single room, which was however very small (18 square meter). Nice staff in bavarian costume. Something other than the anonymous chain hotels.
Information about Hotel Excelsior München
Information from HolidayCheck
Information from HolidayCheck *
- What the hotel offersHotel Excelsior The Hotel Excelsior is a 4-star hotel situated in the heart of Munich's city center. Mixing contemporary style with classical decor, the hotel provides elegant city center accommodation that is favored by mature families and couples. Built in 1936 and featuring 118 guestrooms spread over 5 floors, the Hotel Excelsior offers guests modern amenities and facilities in a traditional, Bavarian setting. An Italian restaurant and Bavarian bar can be found within the hotel, while wireless internet access is available throughout the hotel building and is offered free of charge.
- LocationLocated 150 meters from Munich Central Station, adjacent to the pedestrian street that links to Marienplatz, the city's focal point; the Hotel Excelsior places guests right in the heart of Munich. Local tourist attractions include the historic Karlsplatz and Church of Our Lady, while the huge and leafy English Garden is also nearby. Accomodation The guestrooms of the Hotel Excelsior feature satellite TVs, minibars, climate control facilities and private bathrooms with complimentary toiletries, hairdryers and bathrobes. Smoking is not permitted inside the hotel.
- Food and DrinkThe Hotel Excelsior is home to the Geisel Vinotek restaurant, which specializes in a combination of local and Italian cuisine. The restaurant is styled like a traditional Bavarian drinking hall complete with a vaulted roof and is open for lunch and dinner. Away from the hotel, guests can choose from a number of local bistros that serve everything from traditional Bavarian dishes to more international fare.
- LeisureThe Hotel Excelsior's central location in the heart of Munich places guests within a short walking distance of many of the city's shops, bars and tourist attractions. Marienplatz, Munich's town square and home of the New Town Hall, can be reached in five minutes and provides a number of cafes and shops, as well as photo opportunities. The city's nearby English Garden is a popular walking and cycling destination during the summer, while the famous Hofbrauhaus, also a short walk away, is a traditional Bavarian drinking hall complete with live music, local brews and lots of lederhosen. Other services The hotel's front desk is open 24 hours a day providing services such as currency exchange, room service, dry cleaning, car hire and airport shuttle buses.
* HolidayCheck does not assume liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ at the time of booking from the description presented here. Solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form will be offered.
- What the hotel offersBavarian hospitality, pure elegance and individual service – is experienced by the guests from their very first step into the Hotel Excelsior. The cozy atmosphere from the lobby welcomes the guests also in the 118 individual designed rooms, categorized in elegant single and double rooms, new alpin rooms and exquisite suites. The new alpin rooms are equipped with spacious bathrooms and modern features in every sense and are made of natural materials and dominated by bright colors. As a member of “Summit Hotels & Resorts” the Hotel Excelsior offers a full service as well as modern equipment especially in the five meeting rooms, which are not only suffused with daylight but also air-conditioned. According to the combination, the meeting facilities have capacities between 35 and 112 square meters for up to 120 persons. Due to the central location, the banqueting facilities of the first class hotel are not only used for conferences but also for private events. The traditional coziness goes hand in hand with the Italian lifestyle, especially shown in the onsite restaurant “Geisel’s Vinothek”. The atmosphere in combination with the selection of more than 600 international wines and the Mediterranean inspired cuisine gives rise to a felling of being in Italy.
- LocationAT THE HEART OF MUNICH The Hotel Excelsior located in the heart of the city receives you at a central and yet peaceful location, opposite the central railway station at number 11 Schützenstraße. From the Munich hotel near the train station you are a stone's throw from all the sights of the city and have the best connections to destinations outside Munich. The Munich International Airport, it is about a 40-minute taxi ride to our front door, or a direct connecting with the regional S-Bahn train from the central railway station vis-à-vis. You have luggage? We will be happy to take care of it for you.
- AccommodationAT HOME IN BAVARIA Indulge yourself in the special charm of the Hotel Excelsior: the peaceful location in Munich, the luxurious rooms, the personal service. We are there for you from the moment you enter our lobby, and for your entire stay. Room service is available from 6.30 am until 11.30 pm. SINGLE ROOM Yes, a single room can be this spacious – and this restful: Beds that ensure a good night's sleep, warm hues and stylish details engender a cosy atmosphere. The Hotel Excelsior`s Classic Single Rooms are the perfect setting for your visit to Munich. DOUBLE ROOM Relax – we have thought of everything for you. Beds that promise deep sleep, a subdued colour-scheme and stylish details that enhance the comfortable ambiance. The Hotel Excelsior`s Classic Double Rooms give you the right environment for your stay in Munich. ALPINE ROOM Welcome to the heart of Munich. The Alpine Rooms in the Hotel Excelsior combine urban ambiance with traditional materials and loads of atmosphere. Natural stone from the Dolomites, glass walls with a wood look and televisions built into mirrors. Every detail shows the lengths we go to, to give our guests the surroundings they deserve. JUNIOR SUITE Give your stay something special and enjoy a stylish and spacious atmosphere: The Junior Suites in the Hotel Excelsior offer a spacious living and bedroom area and a luxurious bathroom. The furnishings and fittings in this luxury accommodation come from selected designers and craftsman's workshops in the region. Make yourself at home.
- Food and DrinkFOR THE LOVE OF SPECIALITIES The gastronomy at the bars & restaurants of the Hotel Excelsior in Munich is anything but ordinary. This starts with the fact that it houses one of the best wine restaurants in Munich: Geisel's Vinothek. But specialities of all other kinds also await bon vivants here. The daily breakfast buffet can be enjoyed in the Salon Hubertus, which can also be booked for evening events. In the demonstration kitchen you can watch our cooks at work, and the Excelsior Bar always has the right drink for you. GEISEL`S VINOTHEK This wine restaurant shares a great passion with its patrons: a love of fine cuisine and excellent wines. Up to 20 grape varieties to choose from by the glass and around 500 bottled wines from around the globe mean a selection that leaves no wish unfulfilled. And the same applies to the food: Geisel's Vinothek in Munich enchants its guests with delicious homemade pasta and the best of mediterranean cuisine. Your host Robert Zeller is well known for keeping an assortment of top-class wines that you can try by the glass. EXCELSIOR BAR An aperitif before dinner, a Champagne toasting the next opportunity to meet or a cocktail to kick off a great evening? Bar manager Robert Moessing and his team are there for you in one of the best bars in Munich, Germany, the Excelsior Bar, with traditional cocktails, a wide range of Bavarian beers and the enormous selection from our Vinothek's wine and a food menu. CHEF & TEAM Geisel's Vinothek is an insider tip among connoisseurs around the world. Seldom does the Bavarian-Italian cooking philosophy enter into such a lively and diverse union as it does in our restraurant in Munich. Chef de cuisine Frank Tautenhahn and restaurant manager Robert Zeller make sure of that with their team – with a remarkable feel for combining loyalty to original recipes with a love of experimentation. Good taste is part of the essence of joie de vivre.
- LeisureWELLNESS OASIS As a guest of the Excelsior Hotel you are cordially invited to use the wellness area in the Hotel Königshof. The Königshof is also managed by the Geisel family. It offers a sauna, steam bath, spa pool, fitness room and showers, and a relaxation room where you can unwind from the exertions of the day. There are of course also lockers available.
- Other facilities and servicesALWAYS AT YOUR SERVICE Make the most of our service range. Our reception desk with Concierge is staffed around the clock. We offer valet parking – our underground parking level has 180 spaces – and a free pick-up service from the central railway station. And of course we will be happy to take care of your washing and clean your shoes. How else may we serve you? CONCIERGE The Concierge service at the Hotel Excelsior in Munich is a veritable institution. In the classical tradition of a Grand Hotel, he keeps watch over the entrance to our hotel and discreetly and courteously ensures that everything is to your satisfaction. LIMOUSINE SERVICE A quick shuttle service to the airport or an event? A spin in the countryside? Sit back and relax: Our limousine service in Munich with chauffeur is at your service – with a BMW 7 series long version, a Mercedes Viano or an Ape Calessino – the classic Italian three-wheel convertible that transports you back to the dolce-vita flair of the 60s (without chauffeur). For all those who prefer to leave the driving up to an expert: Our chauffeur, Hartmut Schiller, comes with the requisite discretion, charm and composure acquired in more than 20 years of driving practice, making each journey an entirely trouble-free experience, be it to the wedding altar, on a sightseeing tour of Munich or a weekend excursion.
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Business centre
- Hotel safe
- Number of lifts: 2
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Satellite TV
- Air conditioning
- Electronic room keys
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Fire alarm
- Hair dryer
- Number of restaurants altogether: 1
- Number of restaurants for non-guests: 1
- Number of restaurant seats altogether: < 100
- Vegetarian dishes
- A la carte
- Dishes for those with allergies
- Gluten free
- Hotel bar
- Number of hotel bars for non-guests: 1
- Packed lunches
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Babysitting/Child services
- Non-hotel guests can/cannot access the area: open
- Airport transfer
- Shuttle bus transfer from the airport: charged
- Express check in and check out
- 24 hour security
- Ticket service
- Pets allowed
- Children welcome
- Free Wifi access included
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See