Hotel Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese(5 stars)Via Lombardia 47 00187 Rome View on map
At a glance
- The staff was very friendly (1) "The staff was very friendly" found in 1 review
- " ... very central and therefor for Roman conditions very quiet. Up to the Spanish stairs You really don't need only about five minutes. And all other major sights are easily within walking distance. The staff was very friendly , solicitous and dedicated. The breakfast buffet was wide and very versatile. The hotel is very ... "September 2011
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Summary of guest reviews by category
- Service Friendliness (1) Comments related to "Service" found in 1 review
- " ... very central and therefor for Roman conditions very quiet. Up to the Spanish stairs You really don't need only about five minutes. And all other major sights are easily within walking distance. The staff was very friendly, solicitous and dedicated. The breakfast buffet was wide and very versatile. The hotel is very ... " read hotel reviewSeptember 2011
- Service Friendliness (1)
Ask for a balcony
- Recommended hotel
- Business trip
- March 2013
If you’re going to Rome you must stay in this hotel. It’s located right in the center, near the Spanish Steps. The room I stayed in was very good and had a lovely balcony. Free internet, Hermes amenities and a good breakfast that could have some more options.
Great hotel in Rome
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- February 2013
One of the top hotels in Rome in a very good location and straight correctly from the large (mostly) crowded tourist places away. Unique views from the roof terrace over the city and the peter cathedral!
- Recommended hotel
- Other stay
- February 2013
A sophisticated hotel in a wonderful location. Lacks a coffee machine in the room, but compensates on a good and quick room service. Staff was nice, specially the doorman. All in all a beautiful 5 stars in Rome’s Vila Borghese.
No 5 stars!
- Hotel not recommended
- City break
- October 2012
The Softel offers due to its good location! The rooms are fine, but not worth 5 stars. Many faults, in this category may occur: for example broken cupboard door, hair dryer so, that one cannot use, partly chipped tiles in the bathroom, water tap in the washbasin drips. Actually everything things, the to fix are before the guest checking in! Very good the bed, great mattresses and you can sleep really lovely. The breakfast buffet is beautifully arranged but in terms of choice but for the price of 30,00 Euro very modest. Too many waiter are service. Service is ... important, but if it too much will, then it will be annoying. There is no comfortable atmosphere to in peace for breakfast. Restaurant in the upper floor captivates with its nice ambiance and the magnificent view over Rome! Price are accordingly! In short: price-ratio is right here just not! Over 300.00 Euro for one night are all together way too many!
- Recommended hotel
- City break
- June 2012
We had 4 times overnight stay with breakfast for us Rome to look at. The hotel is actually tidy expensive but price-quality is definitely right. Guests internationally rather than german, the staff is but all multi-lingual. The location is good, you is 15 minutes away on foot at the trevi fountain and in 10 minutes at the spanish stairs. Ambience, room, flair, breakfast is really great and i am a frequent traveler! Definitely recommendable.
Information about Hotel Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese
Hotel description *
- LocationThe hotel has a prime location in the city centre and yet enjoys a setting in a quiet residential side street, away from the noise. It is situated in the very heart of Rome, just 50 m from Via Veneto and 300 m from the Spanish Steps and overlooking the gardens of Villa Borghese. Guests will find links to the public transport network and shops in the immediate vicinity. Ciampino Airport is around 18 km away and it is 35 km to Fiumicino Airport.
- This historical city hotel is housed in a building dating back to 1890 and comprises a total of 109 rooms. Facilities on offer to guests at this air-conditioned establishment include a lobby area with a 24-hour reception and check out service, a hotel safe, a currency exchange facility, a cloakroom, a lift, conference facilities, a bar and a restaurant. For an additional fee, guests may also take advantage of the room and laundry services and the car park.
- The hotel offers large soundproofed guestrooms, luxuriously furnished with silk brocade curtains and bedspreads. All have desks and chairs in briar wood. The marble bathrooms have large mirrors, bathrobes, Roger and Gallet courtesy products and flowers. All rooms are equipped with the best modern conveniences with Internet access and a double telephone line, air conditioning, a safe, a minibar, pay-TV and satellite TV. The rooms are also stocked with mineral water on the day of guests’ arrival. The rooms vary in size and colour: red and gold, blue and ivory. Furthermore, a radio, a double bed, individually adjustable air conditioning and heating are provided in all accommodation as standard.
- American Express, Diners Club, JCB, MasterCard and VISA are accepted at this hotel.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Address::Via Lombardia 47 00187 Rome
- What the hotel offersSofitel Rome Villa Borghese Hotel represents the sense of harmony between life’s pleasures and elegance where the “French art of hospitality” meets the very best of local culture. The hotel is housed in a seven-storey 19th century historic building, in neolassical style, which was originally a guesthouse belonging to the aristocratic Ludovisi Boncompagni family, the hotel is featured among the 190 « Historic Buildings of Italy », a list of the most prestigious historic hotels, restaurants and literary meeting places on the peninsula. In 2008, Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese obtained its fifth star due to its special care for detail and traditional French Philosophy of comfort and hospitality.
- LocationThe Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese stands adjacent to its namesake, just a stone’s throw from the poetic Villa Medici and the famed Piazza di Spagna (Spanish Steps). Explore avenue Via Veneto, home to fine boutiques and fashionable bars and restaurants. Take an evening stroll to the Trevi Fountain; toss in a coin for your wish to come true.
- AccommodationThe hotel has 100 rooms and 4 suites – all elegantly decorated and furnished with: LCD television; high speed internet access; work desk; air conditioning; Bose stereo system and I-Pod docking station and the innovative MyBed sleep system. The three luxurious Suites "Aurora", "Borghese" and "Medici" located on the seventh floor have each a panoramic private terrace that offer spectacular views of the Villa Borghese gardens or the charming city streets. All suites have a bedroom and a separate spacious sitting room furnished with home theatre media center. Very luxurious, the Executive Suite Dolce Vita is dedicated to the world of cinema. The room service is available 24 hours 24.
- Food and DrinkLa Terrasse Cuisine & Lounge, with a breathtaking panorama overlooking Rome and the Villa Borghese gardens, is a place to live every hour of the day, where one can enjoy Mediterranean meals or have a glass of a selection of Italian or French wines from 10.30 a.m. to midnight, in an elegant atmosphere. “Le 49”, previously the stables in which Caravaggio used to find refuge, is now a comfortable and elegant venue reserved for breakfast and special venues.
- LeisureA fitness room is available to health conscious guests who wish to work out and keep fit even on vacation. Located on the main floor, the fitness center features state of the art Technogym equipment such as “Jog Visio i-Pod”, a treadmill with touch screen program selection and TV that can be used during the training session, “Unica Evolution Silver” a multifunctional machine used to exercise all muscles of the body with 25 different exercises available in a single machine and “Vario Visio i-Pod” the newest step machine for smooth move cardio-vascular training with digital “visioweb” platform. A wide range of barbells and weights complete the offer and assure a totally functional training. Sofitel Rome Villa Borghese’s strategic position, next to the vast Villa Borghese Park allows also guests to continue their open air training by venturing into one of the most luxuriant areas in Rome: jogging itineraries, trails with facilities or cycling trails make this sporting experience even more exciting in the Roman capital.
- Other facilities and servicesSofitel Rome Villa Borghese has 3 spacious and elegant meeting rooms, these venues are perfect for business or private meetings. The meeting rooms Bologna, Firenze and Venezia have a 40 attendees capacity and are furnished with the latest audiovisual technologies. Upon request, for special needs, it is possible to rent computers, to ask for the intervention of an interpret, to have the wifi connection, to ask for a secretary or other services. Fitness Center and Business Center. Five languages are spoken by the hotel staff (Italian,French, English, German and Spanish). The hotel features a porter service, concierge “Clés d’or”, possibility to go running or horseriding in the luxuriant Villa Borghese park, sauna and solarium, sports equipment. Between additional services upon request: laundry, baby sitting, tour guide.
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Non-smoking room
- Hairdressers/Beauty salon
- Business centre
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Writing bureau
- Satellite TV
- Electronic room keys
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Hotel bar
- Breakfast buffet
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
- Spa centre
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Babysitting/Child services
- Airport transfer
- Express check in and check out
- Car hire
- Ticket service
- Information desk
- Currency exchange
- Children welcome
- Free Wifi access included
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See