Hotel Banana Bay Resort & Marina - Marathon(2.5 stars)4590 Overseas Highway View on map
We are searching for the best available offers...
Hotel review overview
Bad hotel while Florida -round trip
- Hotel not recommended
- Other stay
- May 2012
The entire area was safe 20 years ago beautiful, makes now however a very run-down and unloving impression. ( this is a great shame, because the potential of this hotel complex / Marina definitely) Hotel room -> terrible. After the arrival I directly the charwoman called for, so that there bathroom from the ' previous hair ' be freed. Well, with a broom this before our door brushed. The carpet is so soft, that you don't want to know, what it lives. The room was general very dusty, the bedspread had odd stains. There are no Safes on the rooms. ... The women at reception the servicegedanken not internalized. Very unfriendly, sometimes feels as a guest annoying. The green corridor of the complex are more from weeds such as flowers or bushes. The paths between the green corridor you can not at all stride, so become overgrown. The loungers are all at some point, damaged and the best past. The Marina, where you apparently money earned, is very nice and you can sit (wooden benches) and for example the sunset enjoy. In principle I would the hotel not recommend.
Information about Hotel Banana Bay Resort & Marina - Marathon
Hotel description *
- LocationThis resort is located right on Highway 1 and 8 km from 7 Mile Bridge. It is located right on the Gulf of Mexico and enjoys spectacular sunset views. Guests will find restaurants and bars nearby and it is just 1 km from Sombrero Beach. The town centre of Marathon is 2.5 km away and it is 16.1 km to the dolphin research centre and 18 km to Bahia Honda. Key West is 78.5 km away and it lies only 1.6 km from Marathon Airport.
- This hotel comprises a total of 61 guest rooms and is nestled in a tropical 4-hectare setting. Facilities on offer to guests at this air-conditioned establishment include a lobby area with a 24-hour reception and check-out service, a hotel safe, a bar and conference facilities. Guests can also take advantage of the Internet access and there is parking available for those arriving by car. It is also possible to hire bicycles on the premises (charges apply).
- The standard rooms all come with a private bathroom with a shower and a hairdryer and offer a king-size bed or 2 double beds. They are equipped with a direct dial telephone, a TV, a radio, a mini fridge and tea and coffee making facilities. Furthermore, an ironing set and individually regulated air conditioning and heating are provided in all accommodation as standard. All units feature either a balcony or a terrace and offer great views of the pool or the marina.
- Guests can enjoy the white sandy beach with its private snorkelling and the hotel features the poolside Tiki bar, sun loungers and parasols and a huge, heated pool. There is an outdoor hot tub and guests can use the 2 garden tennis courts and bocce pitch, and much more. At the resort, guests also will find a full selection of watercraft rentals including powerboats, pontoon and deck boats, WaveRunners and kayaks. Powerboat rentals come equipped with a radio, a bimini top, Coast Guard equipment, live wells, GPS and dive ladders. Water sports fans can go waterskiing, jet skiing, motor boating, sailing, catamaran sailing and canoeing (all for an additional fee). Golf enthusiasts can play a round at the nearby Sombrero Country Club (15.3 km) and guests may also like to explore the surrounding area on bicycle (charges apply).
- There is an excellent restaurant at this establishment.
- American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard and VISA are accepted at this property.
- Guests coming from Miami should take the 836 West to the Florida Sunshine State Parkway (turnpike) and head South. Continue until the end of US1 South at Florida City (last settlement on the mainland), then continue south on US1 (scenic Overseas Highway).
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Meeting/Banquet Facilities
- Hairdressers/Beauty salon
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Car park
- Coffee and tea
- Hair dryer
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Pets allowed
- Full board
- Hotel bar
A choice of sports
- Fitness centre
Other hotel information
- Car hire
- Information desk
- Pets allowed
- Children welcome
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See