Hotel Albergo Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita(4 stars)Via Civita 28 75100 Matera View on map
We are searching for the best available offers...
Information about Hotel Albergo Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThe historical hotel is placed in the oldest part of the Sassi quarter, the Civita, facing the spectacular Murgia Park and its rock-hewn churches. The property is roughly 60 km from the main city of Bari. The closest airport to Matera is Bari Airport, approximately 45 minutes by car.
- The air-conditioned historical hotel has 18 rooms. Guests are welcomed in the lobby with fresh fruit and cool water, and the property also offers a 24-hour reception and a 24-hour check-out service, as well as a hotel safe. Guests can dine in the breakfast and dining rooms, and business travellers can make use of the conference facilities. Wireless Internet access is available throughout the property. The ancient church, the Cripta della Civita, is now used as a common area, which has been renovated to restore the original features, stone floors and antiquities. Guests can also take advantage of the room service and there is a car park for those arriving by car. For a fee visitors can make use of the laundry service, the garage and bicycle hire.
- All rooms are en suite and feature a shower, a bath and a hairdryer, as well as a double or king-size bed and Internet access. Additional amenities include a safe, individually regulated air conditioning/heating and a terrace.
- The historical hotel offers massage treatments for a fee and biking.
- A breakfast buffet is served in a former church from the 13th century.
- American Express, Diners Club, MasterCard and VISA are accepted at this hotel.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Address::Via Civita 28 75100 Matera
- What the hotel offersRestored from the abandoned and decaying ancient caves in the Basilicata village of Matera in Southern Italy, Sextantio The Civita Caves offers guests the opportunity to re-evaluate their interpretation of authenticity. Daniele Kihlgren, the Swedish-Italian entrepreneur, hotelier and philanthropist, spearheaded the campaign to resuscitate the caves, breathing new life into them while honouring and highlighting the lives previously spent dwelling in their depths. Situated in the proverbial arch of the Italian boot, Matera is not a village widely known by foreigners as it has been historically impoverished and therefore entirely localised. The importance of maintaining the traditional local aesthetic and preserving the existing architecture is thus intensified in this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Kihlgren and his partner, Margaret Berg, have created 18 impeccable rooms in La Civita, the oldest part of the sassi, composing a concoction of integrated traditional design made from local materials with minimalist contemporary amenities where necessary. In order to provide its guests with proper standards of luxury, the site was meticulously taken apart, entirely wired and piped and finally reassembled with each stone replaced in its original location. The result is an unparalleled marvel of beauty providing a truly once in a lifetime experience. Visit Made by Originals to meet the creative spirits behind this hotel.
- Total number of rooms: < 50
- Non-smoking room
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Coffee and tea
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Hotel bar
- Breakfast buffet
- Special massages
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Babysitting/Child services
- Airport transfer
- Express check in and check out
- Ticket service
- Information desk
- Pets allowed
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See