Hotel review overview
Information about Hotel Albergo Sextantio Le Grotte Della Civita
Information from the hotel
Information from the hotel *
- LocationThe historical hotel is placed in the oldest part of the Sassi quarter, the Civita, facing the spectacular Murgia Park and its rock-hewn churches. The property is roughly 60 km from the main city of Bari. The closest airport to Matera is Bari Airport, approximately 45 minutes by car.
- The hotel was renovated in 2009. The hotel features 18 accommodation units. Guests of the hotel are welcomed in the lobby, which has a 24-hour reception and a 24-hour check-out service. Amenities include a safe. Internet access and wireless internet access are available in the public areas. The hotel offers a range of amenities for a comfortable stay, including gastronomic options such as a restaurant, a dining area, a breakfast room and a bar. Parking facilities available to guests include a garage (for a fee) and a car park. Guests can also use the bicycle storage facilities. Among the additional services available are medical assistance, room service and a laundry. Active guests can make use of the bicycle hire service to explore the surrounding area (for a fee).
- All rooms feature air conditioning, central heating and a bathroom. A balcony or terrace is also included as standard. Each accommodation unit features a double bed or a king-size bed. All accommodation units offer internet access, a safe and wireless internet access. In each of the bathrooms, guests will find a shower, a bath and a hairdryer.
- Guests have plenty of recreational options with a range of sport and leisure opportunities. The terrace is the perfect place to while away the time. Guests can enjoy various leisure options during their free time, including cycling/mountain biking, or for a fee, massage treatments.
- The hotel offers the following bookable meals and board options: breakfast, dinner and B & B.
- The following credit cards are accepted at the hotel: American Express, VISA, Diners Club and MasterCard.
* Neither HolidayCheck nor the provider assumes liability for the accuracy and completeness of the content displayed above. Please take note of the hotel description of the respective operator and bear in mind that the services included in an offer may differ from the catalog description presented here. We are obliged to offer solely those services available at the time of booking as shown on the booking form. © 2013 Giata
- Address::Via Civita 28 75100 Matera
- What the hotel offersRestored from the abandoned and decaying ancient caves in the Basilicata village of Matera in Southern Italy, Sextantio The Civita Caves offers guests the opportunity to re-evaluate their interpretation of authenticity. Daniele Kihlgren, the Swedish-Italian entrepreneur, hotelier and philanthropist, spearheaded the campaign to resuscitate the caves, breathing new life into them while honouring and highlighting the lives previously spent dwelling in their depths. Situated in the proverbial arch of the Italian boot, Matera is not a village widely known by foreigners as it has been historically impoverished and therefore entirely localised. The importance of maintaining the traditional local aesthetic and preserving the existing architecture is thus intensified in this UNESCO World Heritage Site. Kihlgren and his partner, Margaret Berg, have created 18 impeccable rooms in La Civita, the oldest part of the sassi, composing a concoction of integrated traditional design made from local materials with minimalist contemporary amenities where necessary. In order to provide its guests with proper standards of luxury, the site was meticulously taken apart, entirely wired and piped and finally reassembled with each stone replaced in its original location. The result is an unparalleled marvel of beauty providing a truly once in a lifetime experience. Visit Made by Originals to meet the creative spirits behind this hotel.
- Non-smoking room
- Hotel safe
- Central heating
- Air conditioning
- Free parking
- Car park
- Writing bureau
- Wake up call/Alarm clock
- Hotel bar
- Breakfast buffet
- Special massages
Other hotel information
- 24 hour reception
- Babysitting/Child services
- Airport transfer
- Express check in and check out
- Ticket service
- Information desk
- Pets allowed
- All public and private areas are no smoking zones
- Laundry service
Nearby - Hotels and Things to do
- Things to do & See