SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort(4.5 stars)

Hurghada, Makadi Bay, Red Sea View on map

2990 reviews for this hotel sorted by travel date
Colin
Fantastic Holiday and my fourth time at this Hotel
  • November 2014
I have just returned from my fourth time at this hotel and had a fantastic time with my family and friends . The place was as always immaculate ,and the staff worked tirelessly to make sure the holiday ran smoothly . The Animation Team were fantastic and always kept us up to speed with all that was happening in the hotel with the activities and entertainment . Looking forward to planning trip no 5 at the Sunrise probably in March , just in time to sample the new Indian Restaurant. read hotel review
Milena
Super holiday with Sepastian France
  • November 2014
I was at Sunraise Royal Makadi on the recommendation of my friend Helen and I have not regretted it. Primarily I went to this hotel because of the friendly staff in every corner of the hotel complex, and here in particular I think the animation team and Sepastiana Franca. I thought my friend but really magnifies guys are great and I was so relaxed so nice to everyone and I now recommend this hotel. I really liked the aqua park and the beach is like a dream. read hotel review
Marjana
Beautiful hotel and hanging out with Sep
  • November 2014
Dear passengers I was a few days back from Hurghada where I was in this hotel and I'm still full of beautiful impressions of the hotel and the staff from the hotel. Therefore, I want to recommend it to all travelers who like a nice holiday in a nice hotel, clean rooms, beautiful beach (nicer than the Croatian coast and the Spanish plaza), clean water, good food and good staff in both the hotel and the staff is with you any time at the beach and at the pool. These are the guys from the team for animation and there ... would especially thank Sepastijanu France, thank you very much, thank you. Also congratulations to the management of the hotel they had a good selection for the team of animators. I'm coming back next year and recommend to all my friends read hotel review
Alison
There is something for everyone at Sunrise Royal M
  • November 2014
We stayed at Sunrise Royal Makadi for 2 weeks. It is a large complex and I was very impressed as we stepped off the bus from the airport. We arrived at night and it was lovely to see all the blue lighting. The hotel was very clean and every day the gardening team were out maintaining the vast gardens and every night and early morning there were teams of people cleaning the pools, restaurants and public areas. Its an all inclusive hotel and I will admit I wasn't sure I would like this type of environment and was worried about ... the food. I really had nothing to worry about as there really was something for everyone. Breakfast, lunch and dinner was great in both the A la carte restaurant and main buffet area. Apart from the rooms, food etc the best thing about this hotel is the vast array of activities available and provided by the animation team. read hotel review
    6.0

We requested a room with a double bed and top floor. We got what we asked for and were very pleased with the room which was cleaned everyday by our cleaner Ali. We were very lucky that we got the bonus of a pool view over the water slides.

6.0

There was a choice of 7 a la carte restaurants as well as the main buffet hall. For breakfast and lunch there was still a variety of venues to choose from and for lunch there was a choice of either snacks, pizzas or buffet. I really cannot see how anyone would struggle to not enjoy the food here and if you had any dietary requirements I'm very sure the executive chef and his team would accommodate you. I asked the executive chef for the recipe for a pudding that I fell in love with during my stay there and even though his english was not perfect he gave me the recipe and even offered to show me how it was made in the kitchen. The was plenty of choice of drinks. Mina the main bar man in the Pergola bar seemed to always be busy but was very efficient and if he had time was happy to have a chat. If you find the drinks a bit strong don't be scared to ask for a small measure. They are used to serving Russians who like their drinks mainly straight up and plentiful. Tip boxes are available in every restaurant area which I thought was great idea but we also tipped any of the waiters or bar men that we wished to.

6.0

The service at this hotel was excellent. The animation team is your first port of call for any queries or concerns which I did find a little strange as I am used to asking the hotel reception staff answer any queries. The reception staff were helpful and pleasant but the animation team are outstanding. Every day members of the animation team would come and speak to you and ask if everything was okay. I was amazed at the number of languages that the team covered (4-5) We found that any questions we had were answered promptly and always with a smile. We found Kareem, BoCa, Mido, Yasser and Maurice all brilliant and they made our holiday that bit extra special.

6.0

We read plenty of reviews before our holiday saying how brilliant the animation team were and I have to say they work extremely hard and get very little thanks for everything that they do. The activities available on site were vast and it was one of the things that attracted me to trying an all inclusive holiday there as I hate just lying by the pool all day long. There are 7 pools, water slides, a gym, tennis courts and from 10am til sunset you could most things from Yoga to archery. I tried the Yoga (morning and sunset with BoCa and Kareem), shuffleboard with Kareem 'Watch and learn'; Aquafit was available to do in the sea with BoCa and later on in the pool with Yasser which was great fun; Waterpolo with Yasser (watch out for the Russians they can be very competitive) and Archery with Maurice. My only suggestion to add to the activities would be to build a mini golf course as there is plenty of scope for this and we did mention this to Maurice who said the possibility for this has been discussed. Every night the animation team put on a show for an hour, have a kids disco and run various activites such as killer darts, killer pool, bingo and then BoCa constantly keeps everyone entertained with his amazing dance moves and magic tricks. I don't know where the animation team members find the energy to do all that they do. The only downside to this hotel is that the wifi is not great however I know the staff are well aware of this are working to improve this area of service although really you are on holiday so ask yourself do you really need to check your e-mails and facebook?? A special thanks goes out to BoCa for his yoga as it helped me to unwind and his words of advice helped me when I was scared in deeper water and I was able to enjoy my time snorkelling. Kareem for introducing me to shuffleboard and for always stopping for a chat, and Yasser for joining in with the banter and for always seeing the best in everyone. His attitude to life was quite refreshing and he always had a big smile on his face.

6.0

We stayed at Sunrise Royal Makadi for 2 weeks. It is a large complex and I was very impressed as we stepped off the bus from the airport. We arrived at night and it was lovely to see all the blue lighting. The hotel was very clean and every day the gardening team were out maintaining the vast gardens and every night and early morning there were teams of people cleaning the pools, restaurants and public areas. Its an all inclusive hotel and I will admit I wasn't sure I would like this type of environment and was worried about the food. I really had nothing to worry about as there really was something for everyone. Breakfast, lunch and dinner was great in both the A la carte restaurant and main buffet area. Apart from the rooms, food etc the best thing about this hotel is the vast array of activities available and provided by the animation team.

6.0

The hotel is around 30mins drive from the airport. There are 7 pools, its own section of beach and sits along a hotel development stretch along the beach front therefore there is an opportunity to go for walks which I did enjoy. There are a few shops within the hotel complex as well as other shops associated with other hotels in area that are all within a 30minute walking distance. As for excursions we used Blue Wave for a boat trip who are situated down on the beach. There are plenty of opportunities for different excursions either with your tour operator or with other local tour guides in the area. We used Egypt Tours Portal for a trip into Hurghada itself and for a private trip to Luxor which yes is a long day but definitely worth it .

Barbara & Ian
Third time in paradise
  • November 2014
The hotel is situated in Makadi Bay on the Red Sea with its' own private beach. It is kept in very good condition due to the tireless efforts of the staff that maintain and keep the rooms to the high standard of cleanliness that it offers. The hotel also offers an all inclusive service which includes seven a la carte restaurants, so there is something to suit everyone. We found the age range and nationalities of the guests to be very varied. read hotel review
    6.0

We had been to this hotel twice before and requested a room in block 38 which we were lucky enough to be given. The rooms were big, as were the beds and contained all expected of a five star hotel, e,g, air conditioning, tea and coffee facilities, safe, tv, telephone and balcony. The room was cleaned daily and the towels and sheets changed regularly.

6.0

The quality of food was excellent and the variation of world cuisine was outstanding, to suit all tastes. The a la carte restaurants included Asian, Italian, Mediterranean, Steak house, Mexican and Bedouin. We experienced a specially prepared Tappeyaki meal at the Asian which was perfect. Drinks were available from 10.00am in all of the many bars around the complex. Chilled bottled water was readily available at all times, even in the fridge in our room. We enjoyed the atmosphere wherever we went and tipped when we felt we wanted to.

6.0

We found all the staff to be friendly and attentive. The animation team provided excellent service and entertainment and were more than happy to engage in conversation, language was never a barrier. The facility to have clean beach towels every day was a bonus. Lunch time in the main restaurant was a wonderful experience, staff remembered you from previous visits and always welcomed us with a smile. Most days we returned to our room to find towel art on our beds, which was always nice to see.

6.0

The activities available were varied, something for everyone. We were never forced into taking part but the opportunity was there if we wanted to. We preferred to spend time on the beach and snorkelling in the sea admiring the reefs and the life under the sea. The sun beds were comfortable and the beach very clean. There were also many pools around, a couple of which were heated. The new slides were a fun experience which many people enjoyed.

6.0

The location is really spectacular. Once at Hurghada airport the transfer to the hotel is about forty minutes. The beach is no more than a five minute walk from wherever you are on the complex. There are various different shops available including a pharmacy. You will always see staff maintaining the gardens to a very high standard that compliment the theme of the hotel. We have personally experienced a couple of excursions including, quad biking, which was great value for money and an excellent trip. We also went on a private half day boat trip on a glass bottom boat with two of our friends, which could have been a combination of fishing and snorkelling, however, we preferred snorkelling so we stopped twice to view the amazing fish.

Valentina
Great hotel, sea,beach end water polo with Yasser
  • Singles
  • November 2014
So, I come back home. It was the best holliday. All was great. I like the hotel, very much restorans, sea, beach, food, i like all. I was walking to beachs of another hotels, i think in Sunrise is the best. I was these alone during 11 days, and it was not boring! Here very good animations, especially i want say thanks to Yasser, he is very friendly, answer on all questions, can help. Every day i played with him in water polo, it was very funny. I can say, i found one more friend) I will miss about ... water polo game, about beach and sea. I hope come back next year. read hotel review
Patricia
Special birthday celebrations holiday
  • November 2014
We were a party of 8 with two birthday celebrations. The staff at the hotel were fabulous very friendly and helpful especially Kareem and John from the animation team who couldn't do enough for us. Also the different restaurants we visited every night made us especially welcome, the food and service was excellent and the birthday celebrations we had - one in T-Bones and one in the Italian Restaurant - were made very special. Would certainly come back to this hotel. read hotel review
    5.2
Mark
Even better 2nd time around
  • November 2014
This hotel just gets better, from the moment you hear the 'welcome home' you know that all your holiday needs will be taken care off. The room, grounds and restaurant's are all spotlessly clean. The touch screen system for booking the Al a Carte restaurants is so easy to use and allows you to book up to 3 days in advance read hotel review
    6.0

The room was adequate for our needs, it could do with some updating, but fro the amount of time that you spend in them it was OK.

6.0

There are 7 restaurants and 3 bars all the Al a Carte restaurants are excellent and there will be something for everybody, this year our group voted the T-bones as our favourite with the 100% beef burger the best meal we had eaten, a simple dish but the burger was so tasty.

6.0

When we booked the holiday I asked for ground floor rooms in the same block we stayed in when we last visited in 2013, unfortunately on checking in we were allocated rooms on the second floor, but as my wife suffers from MS she finds walking up stairs difficult. Once I had explained this, a ground floor room was allocated to us in the next block. This change took place within 5 minutes of us being 'checked in' and goes to show how much the hotel staff want to make sure you have a good holiday. All the staff spoke very good English and most knew at least 1 or 2 other languages which puts most of us Brits to shame!!!. All the staff but most of all the animation team make sure you are enjoying holiday

6.0

This is where this hotel excels above others we have stayed in, the animation team just want to make sure you have a really good time and nothing is too much trouble for them, they even want to know if you have any problems and they will try and sort it for you. John, Kareem, Mauriso, MoMo, Sebastian, Boca and Mike made our holiday this year as they just made you want to get involved and they quickly become your friends and it was a very emotional farewell at the end of our holiday.

6.0

The hotel is situated on the beach which has amazing coral and sea life. There is nothing directly outside the hotel but there is a big shopping mall about a 10 minutes taxi ride away

Rastko
Best animator our Sepastian
  • November 2014
as Sepastijan best animator so the Sunraise Royal Makadi best hotel in Hurghada, a safe and šire.Sve is like a fairy tale, in the evening that blue SVTL is beautiful. The rooms are clean bright and spacious, the sea is quite transparent with corals, which are God's perfection. in all the beauty of nature and architecture blends perfectly with the animation team. The idea with them is a great move of the hotel and I'm talking about here, our businessmen to this idea is awesome. Like the selection of boys and girls in the team and they are all ... good in their own way, but Sepastijan us the most authentic and always polite smiling and that's something that really feels good when you are on vacation and when you escape from everyday problems. I would point out and Kerim and Kim are all great. I'm talking to all the beautiful impressions of the summer and if God give me that's next year with you, I hope these guys will be in full force and most looking forward to the reunion with Sepastianom) read hotel review
Barry
Simply the best animation team
  • November 2014
Clean beautiful hotel. Pools sparkling and great location near beach. Food choices great and great value for price paid. Best team of animation/people ever met on holiday. Thanks to Yasser (superstar and great entertainer), Kareem (so helpful and always fun). Boca (legend and magicman), Mido (Wispa boy), John Oss (smiling and helpful) and Moriseo (robin hood). All otherrs encountered were helpful too but the guys mentioned were exceptional read hotel review
    6.0

Huge room with massive double bed that was comfortable. Big balcony with lovely pool view of pool with new slides. Great bathroom with walk in shower with good water pressure.

6.0

Great choice in buffet restaurant and ala carte restaurants good also. Our favourites were the Bedouin and Dalila restaurants. Snack bars around pools good also. Atmosphere good, did not feel pressure to tip but we often did

6.0

Brilliant service from animators especially but also Mina at the Pergola Bar worksd really hard and is great guy and our favourite waiter 'Giggsy'. Great English spoke by all. Room cleaning good standard. We didnt hhave any complaints but the animation were always checking to make sure we didn't

6.0

Amazing selection of activities. Water Polo and shuffleboard were our favourites (thanks Yasser and Kareem. My wife really enjoyed yoga with Boca. New slides good too and monitored well by lifeguards

6.0

Stunning location next to beach. Only 30 mins transfer. Shops on site (best was Eric's handbag and belt shop). Went on excursion with Blue Wave to Orange Island which was great. Said the guide was very good with my wife and helped her when snorkelling at reef.

Natalija
We are coming back for sure.
  • November 2014
Absolutely loved this hotel. The best animation team ever. Every one was so nice and helpful. Service, food, room, location was just great. If you have a family there are a lot of activities which you can find there. Animation team always have great shows and are really good at sports. read hotel review
Christel
Superb vacation
  • November 2014
For the second time we were very pleased. Even being sick wasn't a disaster, because the staff at the reception called straightway the doctor Amr who take professionally good care and made sure I recovered rapidly. Sea life was fantastic, the weather was fabulous and the water slides are a upgrade. The staff could not do enough for us; the bar staff, especially Mohamed and Mina, were friendly and liked a laugh; the animation team were pleasant, especially Kareem, who speaks English like a real Englishman and loves to play water polo with the bung; the room boys were excellent ..., polite, friendly and clever at the towel decorations. The 7 a La cart restaurants have a good Varity of food on offer We will definitely return again next year to see everyone read hotel review
    5.4
Pam & Chris
100% satisfaction
  • November 2014
Words cannot describe how brilliant this hotel is. This is our 3rd visit and will not be our last. Overall it is a fabulous resort with fabulous staff. Our friend who came with us, Barbara, has trouble walking and the Animation team and pool staff were very accommodating. Any problem albeit small the hotel staff were ready to assist. Thank you. read hotel review
Sirik
Difficult start but what an ending!
  • November 2014
Difficult start but what an ending!" We arrived on the 8 of November around 20.00h together with friends of us (a couple of honeymooners) who I had recommended the hotel to. After a warm welcome we were escorted to our rooms. The initial rooms that were appointed to us didn't completely fullfill our high expectations (the hotels scores very high on all the review sites that's why I had advised it to the honeymooners). After a short night of sleep we had a very constructive "conversation" with the staff and they really did their utmost to meet with our ... desiderata. We were given new rooms and a outstanding service! Never ever before have I visited a hotel where the satisfaction of the customer is the absolute first priority of the staff like in Sunrise Royal Makadi. Our whole stay we were subtely spoken to by the management to check wether everything was according to our desires. When my wife got a medical problem with her teeth we also met the inhouse doctor of the hotel and his assistant. Both these gentleman were of an unseen professionalism. The only thing that is really a crime are the prices that the independent pharmacy dares to ask!!! Conclusion: I would strongly recommend the hotel for his price/quality the customer service is of an unseen level! Furthermore I want to say something about the inhouse dive centre PDL: another superb experience!! The PDL dive centre is located at the hotel site. Because my wife and my friends (the honeymooners) are no divers I had the intension of making one dive a day and spend the rest of the day with the rest of my company. In April I visited Marsa Alam where I dove with the Extra Divers Fayrouz. As I was satisfied of their approach I had the intention of diving with the Extra Divers in Makadi. But …. The first day we arrived at the hotel and we were siting alongside the pool I was approached by Osama, one of the salespeople of PDL. He immediately made me a very correct, personalised and tailor made offer. The day after I met Oskar my dive guide for the rest of the week and Osman, the manager of the dive centre. What a professional, motivated and helpful team!!!! For example: As soon as Oskar had noticed that I had had a back surgery in the past (but I have a medical approval from my doctor) Oskar didn’t allow me to carry any weight, even when I told him that in Belgium I always have to carry my own material. What a service!!! I feld spoiled like a child … and he always did this with his big smile and great humour!!! What a giant!! Another example … as the hotel had poor WIFI connection, Oskar offered me to use his local provider. About his professionalism and diving experience I could write 2 more pages …. Even beyond what we might expect of a dive guide!!! I’ve already visited more dive centres but never had such a personalised reception. They really make it a priority to give the customer all what he’s looking for. It’s a rather young (+/_ 35 years of age) team but very experienced. They are 500% client friendly and make it a priority to offer the diver a tailor made program. I made 3 completely different dives nearby the diving centre. (each time dropped of by small boat), one spectacular night dive and one impressive early morning dive. I did not take part of the daily boat dives they offer (because I wanted to spend sufficient time with the rest of my travel companions). I have spoken with people who had taken part of the full day trips and they were also very satisfied of the experience they had. I also spoke with a Dutch girl that had taken an Open Water Course and she was also very satisfied. Conclusion: PDL was for me the perfect choice and I would advice it to everybody! Not the biggest or the most high tech dive centre but without any doubt the most customer friendly, flexible and enthusiastic team I’ve ever dived with!!!! … And last but not least … at the best price in the neighbourhood. I miss them already Sirik 1*CMAS with 70 dives since September 2013 read less read hotel review
Martin
Another wonderful holiday
  • November 2014
Third visit. Consistently good standards and will definitely return. read hotel review
    5.0

A good spacious room kept in good order. Had a problem with the safe which was dealt with quickly. Air conditioning instructions would be helpful.

6.0

With the choice of restaurants everyone can find something to their liking. The quality of the food is very good. The staff in the Asian restaurant must be especially thanked - Teppenyaki is an experience.

6.0

Staff could not have been more friendly or helpful, even remembered us from previous years! Their knowledge of other languages is remarkable. Any problem dealt with quickly and efficiently.

6.0

The Animation team must be congratulated on the scope of activities they provide. Always cheerful and eager to ensure that guests are happy and having a good time. They are in attendance at both the beach and pool areas and went out of their way to deal with any requests. THANK YOU.

6.0

Third visit. Consistently good standards and will definitely return.

6.0

As the hotel is laid out in such a spacious area and the beach so close travel out of the resort is not necessary.

Yana
Paradice with Sebastian
  • November 2014
The wonderful rest filled positive impressions and emotions!! Beautiful beach, service, food and of course team of animators! Sebastiyan already I miss your positive!!! You simply the best! Next time I will dance belly dance better than you) I promise))) And in general excellent rest! Choose this hotel, you won't regret)) read hotel review
Hanna
Thanks to animation team, especially to Jamaica!
  • November 2014
It is not my first time in Egypt, but I can say that SRM is one of the best hotels there. It is beautiful, comfortable and interesting place. But it is unique - there work people that made my holiday unforgettable - best animators ever! There was much joy thanks to them, first - to Mr. Yasser (Jamaica). He is clever, kind, funny person and great intertainer! Meeting with him made me sure that I will come back to this country and to this hotel! read hotel review
Chris
Great great great!
  • November 2014
Excellent holiday. The resort is huge and kept to a very high standard. Wasn't a speck of rubbish anywhere, gardeners and cleaners around all day. The activities were great, animation team do a fantastic job making sure there no problems and spending time getting to know people. Nicest people I have ever met on holiday. Pool areas were brilliant, never any problems getting a sunbed. Caters for all nationalities. Thanks for a great holiday read hotel review
    5.6
Alice
Callum's friends
  • November 2014
excellent hotel and staff worth a stay animation team were very friendly and helpful kept callum entertained lovely food in the Mexican, Italian, Tbones and Asian cocktails in lobby bar are a must. read hotel review
    4.8
Danka
Everything in one
  • October 2014
Very beautiful hotel, like mini city, with all kind of restaurant, very clean, very nice aqua park. read hotel review
    6.0

Rooms are very clean, comfortoble and figure of towels will always wait for you when you come back to the room.

6.0

There is about seven of restaurant with different food, italian, mexican, arabian, mediteran and so many more. You only need to reservate one of these restaurant one day before, but you also have one big resaturant with so much food for choice.

6.0

All of the staff is very friendly, warm, esspecially team of animation. Everyone is very dedicated to the job and do everything with smile. Cleaning is on the very high level.

6.0

Team of animation give shine on everything. They will make that this hollyday lapse unforgettable. Start from there kindness, friendliness and they will to help you in anything . Really, if you have some problem or you need something one of these great guys will fix that. Boca with his unimaginable talent as entertainer will make that your children never get boredom, Kareem so helpfull and friendly, Jamaica and Kimo so warm, sweety and ofcourse my dear friend Sepestian. He was always there to help us with everything we need, so caring, charming, warm, make you feel as you're home. I think i dont have a lot of words to describe energy that have these team. They work as one, real proffesional, commitment, like they know you long time. Because of them I will come back always here and recommend this hotel to my frined.

6.0

I was three times in Hurghada, and I can say for sure that this is one of the most beautiful beach in Hurghada.

1 3 4 5 ... 150