SUNRISE Select Royal Makadi Resort(4.5 stars)

Hurghada, Makadi Bay, Red Sea View on map

Filters
You selected:
3468 reviews for this hotel sorted by travel date
Sarah
A hotel and complex that has everything
  • July 2015
Lovely complex that is kept very clean and tidy. Staff very courteous, efficient and helpful. read hotel review
    5.0

Room nice clean & tidy. Beds and bedding very comfortable.

5.0

Food good and always served at the right temperature. Good choice and selection. Excellent range of al a carte restaurants. I rated them all highly but the Mexican was my least favourite. I felt in the Mexican that the food was often not served as detailed on the menu, for example beef fajitas were not accompanied by sour cream and guacamole etc as detailed in the menu. Waiter service in all restaurants was very good.

6.0

Excellent service in all areas of the hotel.

5.0

Didn't partake in any sports through choice. However there did seem a large choice of things to do if you wished. Due to The 2nd sitting of evening meal being at 20:30hrs, it meant that unfortunately we missed the main show in the theatre every night. This is a shame that the timings overlap. There also wasn't really entertainment following the show which would be nice if you have been unable to see the show. The family pool near block 36 is the one we used. The pool area was kept extremely clean with the pool side washed 2-3 times a day by the pool attendant. However unfortunately the employee working on the pool was moved on 12th July, following this the replacement did not keep the areas as clean. Most notably the pool side was not being washed as was previously and was not washed the 3 days of our holiday. This was apparent with many areas that had drinks spilled etc and not then washed.

6.0

Hotel complex kept clean and tidy with lots of nice well kept garden areas.

Julie
So good you'll be booking again and again!
  • July 2015
The hotel is in a beautiful location of Makadi Bay. It's mainly only 2 stories high, very spacious and not over crowded. The gardens are well maintained, the pool is kept clean, the beach is immaculate, the staff are just amazing! The hotel is now a water park with lots of tubes and shoots, not really my thing but reports from other guests were very good! The hotel reception, restaurant and rooms are kept perfectly clean and tidy. The Spa is amazing! We stayed all-inclusive and the food was fantastic, something for everyone. I did feel pretty secure here too ..., lots of hotel security on the gate and in the hotel. read hotel review
    6.0

We had a twin room, hugely spacious and immaculately clean. Wardrobes, drawers and safe. Ground floor balcony over looking the pool area. Fabulous bathroom with shampoo,conditioner body wash supplied. Fresh towels daily and the room made up beautifully.

6.0

With 8 restaurants to choose from - you won't starve. Absolutely something for everyone! I couldn't fault any food, cleanliness, waiters, chefs or or choice. You won't be disappointed. Food available from 7am through to midnight daily.

6.0

Reception staff are very knowledgeable, clean, smart and helpful. Waiters... Ahmed (in the inside main buffet restaurant) was brilliant! Drinks and table cleared and really made us feel welcome. Mohammed (head waiter outside) went out of his way to make sure that we had everything we needed, including ordering vegetarian food for us from one of the a la carte restaurants. Always a smile and a cocktail ready for us. Treated like royalty really.

6.0

Well! An amazing time spent with the entertainment team.. Lots of things to do all day and evening. Aqua-aerobics, shuffle-board, water polo, water volleyball, zumba, arabic lessons, pool parties, beach parties and foam parties to name but a few. Kareem was incredibly enthusiastic and really made you feel welcome in all the activities. He has an amazing zest for life and always has a smile! Whilst we were there a new member of the team started too. Omar was a little apprehensive but soon picked up the spirit and had us laughing and joining in the activities. Nothing was ever too much trouble, even organising new room keys when we managed to lock ourselves out! Magic tricks, fun and dancing.. They have it all!!

6.0

The hotel is in a beautiful location of Makadi Bay. It's mainly only 2 stories high, very spacious and not over crowded. The gardens are well maintained, the pool is kept clean, the beach is immaculate, the staff are just amazing! The hotel is now a water park with lots of tubes and shoots, not really my thing but reports from other guests were very good! The hotel reception, restaurant and rooms are kept perfectly clean and tidy. The Spa is amazing! We stayed all-inclusive and the food was fantastic, something for everyone. I did feel pretty secure here too, lots of hotel security on the gate and in the hotel.

6.0

Just 40 minutes from the airport, the hotel is right on the beach. There are plenty of hotel shops where you can buy everything from a bikini to a painting. Lots of excursions available, although this time we stayed at the resort.

Corrie
Amazing hotel with extremely friendly staff
  • July 2015
I visited this hotel from July the 7th 2015 to July the 21st 2015, I would say that this is one of the best holidays that I have been on. I would definitely return to this holiday in the future. All the staff at this hotel were very friendly and majorly welcoming. My room was very clean, the bed was comfy and it had a very homely feel to it. Which I believe is needed when you are staying in a room for an extended period of time. The buffet had a wide variety choice of food and I felt ... like I had a lot of choice even with a dairy allergy. I also visited 3 of the a-la cartes (Asian, t-bone and Mexican). I thoroughly enjoyed the Asian and the t-bone and visited them regularly. The waiters were always extremely friendly and they always wanted to help. There were a few members of staff that went above and beyond to make my holiday even more enjoyable and easier. The first of these staff was Mohamed al H. one of the chefs. He made it extremely easier for me at meal times with my dairy allergy. No matter where he was on the complex if I needed assistance he would make an appearance to show me what I was allowed and brought me a special plate of desserts. Another member of staff that went above and beyond was rafaat a badman from the pergola bar. He was extremely professional, friendly and attentive. He was always polite and kind. I would go as far to say that I would want rafaat as my batman on every holiday that I go on. The last member of staff that went above and beyond for my holiday to be enjoyable was omar guetta, a member of the animation team. Me and my boyfriend, jack thoroughly enjoyed playing shuffleboard every day with omar every day and I was confident that if I had a problem that omar would try his upmost to try and solve the problem. His enthusiasm and his kindness led me to try new things and I am glad that he was able to get me to do this. He was always friendly, professional, fun and extremely kind. He was always willing to help and all of my family were able to connect with omar and knew that if we ever needed anything or if we needed someone to talk to he would be the first to offer to help with anything he could. I truly believe that I have made a true friend from this holiday. Yours sincerely Corrie G. read hotel review
Filip
Summer holiday of Belgian family with 4 children
  • July 2015
We had a great stay for this summer-family-holiday. A great hotel, nice beach and pools, good food and very friendly staff trying their best to make everybody happy. We would certainly like to come back. Keep up the good work! read hotel review
Paulina
The best animation team ever!
  • July 2015
It was our 5th time in Egypt and the 2nd in this hotel. Right after we ate something after fly, we went to say 'Hello' to Kareem and Elena which we knew from the last year, they welcome us so kindly. Then every day were even better. In the morning all animation team were inviting for different activities like volleyball, waterpollo and gave informations about hotel and entertainmen program. At 11 every day I Was going on belly dance with the best teacher Shetoos, then aqua aerobic with Kareem, Shetoos or Momo who cares about our formD In the ... afternoon was latino lessons and zumba with the first I met in Egypt polish animator Dominika very positive and lovely person. Evening wasn't also boring first SHOW TIME then dancing at Pergola then in Aquarius disco with Tito, Mohamed, Eslam and Aliona. Generalizing everybody can find activity which like. I want to thank one more time all animation team for such an amazing holidays and wish to see next year. read hotel review
Natalie
Best holiday we've had!
  • Couples
  • July 2015
Me and my boyfriend visited this hotel for our 2nd time this year. The hotel and the staff were absolutely faultless and you can tell they work unbelievably hard to make your holiday perfect. read hotel review
    6.0

Our room was kept absolutely spotless and the whole service was genuinely faultless. The size was plenty big enough for both of us and all of clothes. The room we stayed in had plenty of storage and all teas/coffees were replenished everyday. The cleanliness here is amazing, much better than anywhere I've ever stayed.

6.0

The food was delicious with such a wide range to choose from, you never eat the same thing twice here! Not only are the buffet restaurants more than substantial, there is also a range of a la carte restaurants to choose from. We ate at the Asian and T-bones (steakhouse) restaurants twice and the Mexican once, they were absolutely delicious. I would highly recommend the T-bones restaurant for it's amazing steak and customer service. Abul and his team in the steakhouse remembered us from our first visit and made sure they looked after us, always topping up our beers! The food in the restaurants we tried were amazing every time.

6.0

But the main reason we revisited this hotel again this year was because of the fantastic and dedicated animation team! Kareem and Omar especially cannot do enough for you, always making sure any queries you have can get sorted quickly (not that we had any). They are very talented at managing to cover all age groups in their entertainment programme from day to night. Kareem and Omar became our friends very quickly because they are so easy to talk to, our holiday was made by them both. I would highly recommend this hotel to all sorts of people, couples like myself and Aaron or even families, everybody is catered for without a problem.

6.0

There is a large amount of pools to choose from if you fancy a change of scenery, but we preferred the main pool where there was always something going on. All of the communal areas, all the pools and the beach, were always kept absolutely spotless. The beach is nice and busy with plenty of water sports to take part in if you wished.

Michelle
2nd Stay, Excellent as before
  • July 2015
Welcomed immediately to hotel as always. Dinner provided for late arrival. Rooms and hotel immaculately clean as always. Gardens kept well and very pretty. Entertainment team Excellent as before, even learnt to walk on water thanks to Kareem. (All my family love this guy) Spa and Salon fabulous. Treated myself and girls to morning having treatment & hair done at salon, treated very well, thanks to Mido. Adult time at the spa for massage again amazing, as always thanks to the lovely Mahmoud. (My son) All staff very kind and friendly, nothing is to much trouble. They all work so ... hard under so much pressure from certain holiday makers. But continue to do this with a lovely smile. Plumbing issue occurred during our stay, but fixed immediately, hassle free. Everyone from cleaners to lifeguards do a fantastic job. Keep it up guys. We will be back next year read hotel review
Janette
Excellent animation team very friendly.
  • July 2015
The hotel was gorgeous, food was brilliant and mohamad from the animation team was really friendly and helped us have a excellent holiday would highly recommend this place to everyone, we will be going back for sure x read hotel review
    6.0

Very clean with fresh bedding and mini fridge filled each day.

6.0

There catered for everyone lots of different restaurants

6.0

The staff could'nt have done enough for us the animation team were constantly making sure we were enjoying our holiday.

6.0

The entertainment was brilliant lots to do water arobics archary shuffle ball during the day & shows in the evening. The pools were very clean, and the animation team were the best ever.

6.0

Was absoloutly stunning veiws and surroundings.

Kennadie
Amazing Hotel
  • June 2015
Most amazing holiday ever! Great staff, absolutely loved all the reps, so friendly! Entertainment was brilliant, Restaurants were lovely, food was delicious. Hotel was beautiful, hoping to come again ASAP. Would recommend this hotel to everyone, very much enjoyed my stay. read hotel review
    5.2
Lorraine
Amazing, very enjoyable, lovely holiday
  • June 2015
Everything from the start of our holiday was outstanding! Our arrival check in was brilliant! Very attentive staff in all area's of the hotel. We was made to feel extremely welcome to the hotel. The family pool staff was exceptional! Mahammed, El gende and mose (life guard) also the Tomas Cook kids club girls Heather and Jade are just brilliant with the children nothing ever too much trouble! There is so much variety of food and at any time which is great for children. read hotel review
    6.0

Very spacious clean well looked after, a bonus of a mini bar with soft drinks!

6.0

6 restaurants lots of bars what more can you ask for! All serving a high standard, variety and quality of food in all restaurant's and bar's.

6.0

Every member of staff very attentive to our needs they are all very polite and try to understand what we asked for if the couldn't they would find someone straight away who could help!. Very clean and well presented staff all in uniform. The rooms are very well presented and extremely clean!

6.0

Exceptional standards of entertainment and pool staff.

6.0

The hotel is kept extremely clean, tidy and very well presented which makes the stay of your holiday much nicer! The beach is so near and very clean plenty of little shops to pick nice gifts up on site so no need to go searching it's on the complex it's only a short 30 minute transfer in a well air conditioned coach which was a joy to travel so quick!

Atlanta
Animation team, amazing holiday!
  • June 2015
Me and my friend went to this hotel, and it has been one of the best holiday's I have been on. I felt really welcome and the animation team was amazing and was always there to make your time brilliant, and they always let you know what entertainment is going on in the evenings and also try to help you with any problems that you're having. I found that the entertainment during the day was great, there is always something to do and that is the same with the entertainment at night as well. I couldn't thank the staff enough ... for making my holiday an amazing experience) read hotel review
Alena
Amazing holiday! Thank you!
  • June 2015
Great hotel and beautiful holiday! Wonderful the animation team made the holiday bright and amazing! Thank you!!! You were always friendly and nice! And a fantastic show unforgettable!!!! It was perfect holiday! read hotel review
    5.4
    3.0
Lynn
My return to the fabulous sunrise Royal Makadi Bay
  • June 2015
As always, sunrise royal did not dissapoint in any way, the staff from cleaners to management go out of their way to make the holiday special, the animation team are amazing and work so hard to entertain everyone, young and old all day and night, then put on an amazing show which is always very professional, the meals are fantastic and very varied to please all tastes, the a la carte's really make you feel special and the service and food excellent, if you want a holiday that makes you feel pampered and looked after I don't think you could ... choose a better hotel, I will definitely be back read hotel review
    5.2
Tina
Great family holiday, can't wait to go back!
  • June 2015
Arriving late to the hotel we were shown to the conference room where hot towels and drinks were waiting. After around 10 mins waiting were giving our requested room. We decided to go to the restaurant first as our party were hungry. The food was hot and there was a good selection to chose from. Upon arrival to our rooms our luggage had been delivered. The rooms were clean and very spacious. With the added bonus of a free safety deposit box. On our first morning we went to the main pool and found 4 sun loungers easily. We were ... approached by a few sellers so decided to use the red flag "do not disturb" process. We were approached by a few members of the animation team. Who welcomed us to the resort and explained about the day time and evening events programme. Kareem ad mezo were the funniest and best at doing aquagym which we joined in with daily. We visited the evening shows most nights when it fitted around our restaurant bookings. The great thing with the sunrise royal makadi is the ala cartes. You can book upto 3 days in advance I sing the touch screens in reception. We all had a great 2 weeks in makadi. We are already looking at booking to come back! I can't thank the reception staff Tolba, Said, Rashed and Sayeed and the animation team Mezo, Osama, Kareem, Momo enough. You guys truely made our vacation! Would definitely reccomend this hotel! read hotel review
Nina
Amazing Holiday, best animation team
  • June 2015
I stayed at SRM 23/06/15 to 07/07/15 I stayed here with my 4 year old daughter and my parents and we all had an amazing time, it was my parents 9th visit and my 3rd I cannot fault anything about the hotel or staff, I stayed during Ramadan the staff were all very happy, friendly, polite and also brilliant with my daughter, each any everyone of them work so hard and to do this while fasting I take my hat off to them as it cant have been easy in the heat. The hotel is lovely clean and well maintained. ... we ate in the alacarte restaurants every night which were all very nice, there really is something for everyone here. There is plenty to do in and around the hotel with a number of different pools and trips on offer and if you don't want to be bothered by people they have little red flags too. Then we come to the Animation team. These guys are truly awesome they work so hard and really do make your holiday. The shows they put on in the evening are great. My daughter especially loved Kareem he always had time for her each day which put a smile on her face. Thank you to the whole animation Team and Kareem for making our holiday so enjoyable, we will see you again this September read hotel review
Komac
Wonderful place, represents paradise on the Earth
  • June 2015
Wonderful place, represents paradise on the Earth Very friendly people, excellent food, everything was perfect read hotel review
    6.0

Excellent Size of economy room is perfect All equipment is in good condition Cleanliness in general is very good

6.0

Excellent Perfect quality and quantity of food and drinks Very good traditional and mediterranean cuisine

6.0

Everything was just perfect Staff was very friendly with good knowledge of foreign languages Rooms very clean

6.0

Excellent Very intersting leisure activities and activities on the beach and pool Beach is very clean, cleanliness in general is perfect

Wonderful beach Interesting excursions Beautiful shops

Tom Mason
Amazing holiday, amazing staff 10/10
  • June 2015
We travelled as a family in June to The Sunrise Select Royal Makadi in Hughada for our family holiday of 2015. The Resort itself is right on its own beach on Makadi Bay And is a big hotel. The Hotel and grounds are kept immaculate by an army of cleaning staff and gardeners (The Gardens are Beautiful). I've stayed at smaller hotels that don't manage to keep the place as clean as this. The Animation team are brilliant and the hotel staff are excellent there all really friendly and great with kids right from the cleaners to the management staff. ... Food was lovely always plenty of choice even for fussy eaters and the a la carte restaurants were really nice. read hotel review
    6.0

The rooms are big, clean and tidy with plenty of storage spaces nice clean comfy beds and lovely cooling air conditioning. The room has a mini bar which Is restocked daily by the staff and there is a big bathroom with walk in shower.

6.0

The quality of the food at the hotel is excellent lots of variety and something for everyone to eat even for fussy eaters.There is a large main buffet hall serving breakfast lunch and dinner the Mexican restaurant serves breakfast aswell this is a lot quieter to eat breakfast in. For lunch again you could eat at the main restaurant or eat at the pool bars that served fresh cooked pizzas,burgers hotdogs and chips these were all really really nice. For dinner you could eat at the main restaurant or one of the 6 Al la carte restaurants which included a Mediterranean, Mexican, Asian, Italian, Bedouin, T bones steak restaurant we ate at Mexican and the T bones steak restaurant which were absolutely gorgeous.

6.0

The level of service and staffing at the hotel is excellent. You are always greeted with a warm smile and a hello from all the staff. Plenty of kids clubs for the children to attend and well staffed. Our room was cleaned every day, and the cleaner always left a animal made out of towels for the children which was a nice touch. There was also a doctor and clinic on site if needed and room service and laundry service was avaliable.

6.0

The hotel has its own animation team who are really top class. They make the whole experience very welcoming and make you feel right at home. Momo and his team work tirelessly to make sure every guest is enjoying themselves they try to involve you with and the kids in activities but not in a pushy way. They are so friendly and really are great with the kids. There is a mini disco every night for the kids and the animation team put on great shows every night they really are a credit to the hotel. The hotel has 3 big pools with plenty of sun loungers for everybody 1 kids family pool 1 family pool with great new slides that the kids loved. And a big main pool which was mainly use by adults each pool had its own pool bar to keep you well refreshed.

6.0

We travelled as a family in June to The Sunrise Select Royal Makadi in Hughada for our family holiday of 2015. The Resort itself is right on its own beach on Makadi Bay And is a big hotel. The Hotel and grounds are kept immaculate by an army of cleaning staff and gardeners (The Gardens are Beautiful). I've stayed at smaller hotels that don't manage to keep the place as clean as this. The Animation team are brilliant and the hotel staff are excellent there all really friendly and great with kids right from the cleaners to the management staff. Food was lovely always plenty of choice even for fussy eaters and the a la carte restaurants were really nice.

6.0

Hotel itself right on its own beach with plenty of sun loungers and the sea is as warm as bath water, the kids loved it. The hotel has shops and a beauty spa on site so you can still get most of the things you need if you run out of sun creams and essentials. Transfer from the airport is 30 mins but the hotel itself is pretty isolated but you don't need to leave site with all the facilities they have at the resort.

Julie
Excellent friendly resort
  • June 2015
3rd visit to this hotel and must say the animation team made our holiday especially Kareem fun friendly helpful and we see him as a friend and not just a member of staff he just wants everyone to join in and have the best holiday ever as we always do with his and the rest of the animation team company this and the food and hotel in General is why we go back here's to number 4 next year which I'm Planning already only been home 5 days and booking up again this just feels like a second home to ... our family read hotel review
Mattee
Great resort and animation team are amazing
  • June 2015
The overall experience of the holiday was fantastic and the animation team were great we made some great friends there. The only downside we felt is we were stuck in the resort so there was no bars or restaurants near to hotel that you can travel to but in the resort's defence they have it all there they have many bars and also different ala carte restaurants. But my type of holidays I like to go out of the complex. I would definately visit again tho and as my first trip to Egypt learned some valuable things read hotel review
    4.8
    2.0
    1.0
Ryan
Holiday was amazing animation team make it better
  • Couples
  • June 2015
Best holiday iv had was amazing place the animation team make it that much better there so fun and friendly and all the staff are great ..this is a hotel and a holiday of a life time we'll recommend read hotel review
    5.4