Hotel Grand Paradise Samana(3.5 stars)

Playa las Galeras Samana View on map

Regula
Hotel Grand Paradise Samana
  • Singles
  • March 2014
I’m just back from my first visit at this resort/hotel and it was so beautiful…a little place in paradise!! I arrived at the reception with a private transfer at 2.00 am …the welcome was so kind I felt really good from the very first in spite of high tiredness. read hotel review
    6.0

First I had a room with garden view, the room was really clean and comfortable but the view in the garden was not so nice like the sea view…so at the second day I changed and I received a room with sea view….really top (number 1153) a big hug to Samuel Vasquez!!! My room was sparkling clean every day …thank you very much my chambermaid.

6.0

The food in the restaurants (all in all 3) was really multifarious…rice, potatoes, fish, meat, salads, fruits, vegetables, candies…you're not going to starve ;-)). The staffs in the restaurants are so nice too…smiling, always a «Hola, como estas»

6.0

At the bars you can try a lot of drinks but the best one for me was the «Caipirinha»…all the barkeepers are friendly, smiling, funny…a special thanks goes to Roberto (at the bar in front of the disco) and to Felix.

6.0

There are two pool sites too, nice not much of people especially at the little one…perfect for a nap. I was there for diving too, I never dived in Dominican Republic before but it was really great, nice spots…the caves, corals, ship wrecks…lovely! It is a good diving school, you can speak in german, english, spanish, italian…the guys are really nice, funny, friendly…I spent a good dive-time etc. with you: Thank you Valerio, Miki, Christian and Abraham (best captain)!! In the evening I always looked the great shows of the animation team…it was really worthwhile…several dance styles, lovely suits, beautiful backdrop… they are great dancers and so nice, friendly, always smiling, helpful…I was so charmed. After the shows the animation team opened the disco and animated the guests to dance or to learn their great dances like Bachata, Merengue, Salsa, Reggaeton etc. with so much patience and affection...I really loved it!! Big hugs and a special thanks goes to Olga (lovely dancer), Pinky, Viannely, Judith, Yessi, Youseff, Daniel (so funny guy and great dancer), Mikiki, Raylin (fitness man), Lima, Kaky (best Salsa dancer), Andujar (best DJ), Alexis and Erick (yeahhh Baby…crazy but so nice). I will come back as soon as possible…love this place and the great people there. See you soon….!!

6.0

The resort is really amazing, very clean with a lot of nature (palm trees, flowers….), the beach is great, enough place for everybody…beach loungers and towels are exist. A special thanks goes to the cleaner on the beach and the security staffs.

Gerald
Great place to just relax on the beach.
  • March 2014
Airport was easy to navigate and fast, the hotel staff were wonderful, the food was good but not great. Lovely beach overhaul no complaints. Nice little walk to the nearest town friendly locals, cold beer and light shopping. Be prepared to barter. read hotel review
    4.5
Tricia
Great 2 week stay at GPS with family!
  • February 2014
It was nice to get intouch with the hotel before we arrived.Noris, Samuel and Roberto told us everything we needed to know before hand which was nice. When we arrived at the hotel Samuel and Roberto were there to greet us which was very nice since we had spoke via email prior. Our bags were taken to our room by Ronny who we had fun with the entire two weeks.he was always somewhere around the hotel walking or in his golf cart with a smile on his face ! Our room was in a great location by the ... one pool, the hotel is spread out so it never seemed overly busy which was nice. Our room was kept very clean by Isabel and she is a very nice woman with a smile on her face at all times. The hotel itself was always being maintained while we were there.whether it was a gardener, repair man or painter all were friendly. We bought the wifi for our daughters devices and whenever we had a problem with it working we went to the front reception and Mike, Guery or Euris always helped us. Julio Cesar was friendly aswell. The hotel has a very friendly feel to it, it was like we became family very quickly with everyone. read hotel review
    5.0

Our room was in block 5 which was in a good location to go anywhere on the resort right by the one of three pools. The size of the room was fine compared to other hotels. The shower nozzle was broken when we arrived but once I mentioned it at breakfast to Roberto who is the food service manager it was fixed in no time....I was planning on heading to the front desk after breakfast but that saved us a trip ! The mini bar was always stocked with water and pop, we are used to having it stocked with canned beer but it wasnt a huge deal...we went into town or went to the market on the hotel site and bought a few cans to go in it. Our room was kept spotless but Isabel, she is a wonderful hard working woman who smiled all the time and waved at us where ever she was on the resort ! A coffee maker would of been nice to have in the room, we brought our own kettle, mugs and coffee with us which wasnt a huge deal but would of been nice to have supplied in the room. The air conditioning worked really well...so well we asked Isabel for an extra blanket !! We only got 3 channels on the tv but you are not really there to watch tv anyways but we did get all the shows we watch at home !!

6.0

Our experience at this hotel was wonderful. There were plenty of bars and at first I thought...only 2 a la cartes but then realized that at other resorts we probably only go to 2 out of 5 they offer anyways. The dinner on the beach was a nice touch and for many guests they did not know who management was so this was good for the hotel, kudos to Henry and his staff. The cleanliness of the dining areas was good, no different from other resorts. The type of food served was pretty much the same as other DR hotels...all cuisine, we stuck to what we usually eat so we didnt upset our stomachs and we do take alot of food with us ( ketchup, salad dressings, peanut butter, cheeze whiz and much more, when you travel with children you never know ) We always tip and at this resort it was well deserved. I did have sun stroke one day and the staff was very concerned about me and sent toast, cereal and bananas back to the room for me and when I did go to breakfast the next day they all seem genuinely concerned about me which was very nice !

6.0

Excellent service in all areas at this hotel ! We can not say enough about the staff....from Samuel looking after our rooms, Roberto in all the restaurants, Ronny making sure our rooms were fine, Franciso and Robert at our pool bar with table service most days, Nina as the greeter at the buffet and sometimes the a la cartes, Leocalina was a great waitress everyday at breakfast, Fenci and Super Carlos at the a la cartes were great and Ariel was always there with a smile on his face ! The staff was super friendly and seemed to be able to speak to everyone and if they couldnt we still got our point across ! We did stress to management that the animation crew needed new swimsuits and I think the suggestion was taken very well....they work long hard hours and a new swimsuit would make a world of difference for them to do ocean aerobics or beach games. It would make them look that much more professional.

6.0

The beach was the happening spot in the morning.....at 10 they usually had spanish lessons, yoga and stretching, then volleyball and archery....at 11:30 there was ocean aerobics which always got quite a crowd out in the water. Lima or Mikiki did the spanish lessons most days we were there, Youseff was on the mic getting everyone situated and he also ran crazy beach games......they had kayak tours down the river which Erick and Youseff did while we were there.....Railyn was great playing beach games with my daughter and he always got the largest crowd out to ocean aerobics during our stay !!! The pools were never busy which was nice....Yonathan and Erick did a great job at the towel hut, very friendly. All the animation team did a great job at this resort....it seemed to be an older crowd so at times it was hard to get people to participate but kudos to Railyn, Erick, Youseff, Kaki, Mikiki, Lima & Andujar and Roberto the tennis pro !! Always a smile on his face even when he didnt have any followers for tennis :) The beach is very nice at this resort, it is fringed with palms so you can get sun or shade if you want it. The ocean is calm and shallow which is very nice for small children or non swimmers. We husband and daughter also took a kayak out and enjoyed how shallow and calm the ocean was farther out aswell. They had just got new lounges around both pools before we got there and we never had an issue getting a lounge at the beach or pool. People will return to this resort due to the animation staff, they try really hard and we got to know them during our two week stay and hated to leave a few of them !!! Railyn was our fav :) we wanted to bring him home !!!

6.0

It was nice to get intouch with the hotel before we arrived...Noris, Samuel and Roberto told us everything we needed to know before hand which was nice. When we arrived at the hotel Samuel and Roberto were there to greet us which was very nice since we had spoke via email prior. Our bags were taken to our room by Ronny who we had fun with the entire two weeks...he was always somewhere around the hotel walking or in his golf cart with a smile on his face ! Our room was in a great location by the one pool, the hotel is spread out so it never seemed overly busy which was nice. Our room was kept very clean by Isabel and she is a very nice woman with a smile on her face at all times. The hotel itself was always being maintained while we were there...whether it was a gardener, repair man or painter all were friendly. We bought the wifi for our daughters devices and whenever we had a problem with it working we went to the front reception and Mike, Guery or Euris always helped us. Julio Cesar was friendly aswell. The hotel has a very friendly feel to it, it was like we became family very quickly with everyone.

5.0

The distance from the airport is rather long but if you know before hand like we did we just set ourselves in travel mode and took extra gravol and we were fine....we got there eventually ! Once you are there it is true paradise...its the lushest part of the DR we have stayed in and we have stayed in all areas now and I will return to GPS for this reason, its beautiful and the fact that the area around GPS is not developed is even better. You could walk either way and it was nice to just see the ocean and palms. Nature is everywhere at this resort....from the turtles and birds to the horses that run through the path in the morning and at night when you least expect it. Once morning while putting my towels on the beach 7 horses ran down the path right infront of me. You can walk into town in minutes is you like...the shopping is fine but after a few years going to the DR there isnt much left to buy but it is nice to walk to town for a change of scenery. There are all kinds of excursions to do from this hotel but we go to relax on a lounge with a book or people watch !

Anne-Sophie
A great stay
  • February 2014
The hotel is in a great location, there aren't any noises at night and it is calm. The service was awesome and the friendly ness of the employees was great, especially Samuel Vasquez. The food was great and the entertainment team also. We are planning to go again! Enjoy :) read hotel review
Kiana
Great family vacation
  • February 2014
The rooms were always clean thanks to the wonderful cleaning ladies. Breakfast was served buffet style until 10am every day with tons of variety. Guests ranged from family to solo to couple to young groups of friends. The beach was gorgeous. read hotel review
    5.0

Always clean. Only complaints: there was not enough lighting so toward sunset and at night it was quite dark in the room. The lamp in the room had a sensitive plug and would turn off randomly. We had to fidget with the plug to turn it back on but it was fine, not a big deal. There was a small leak in the bathroom. Showers were always nice and hot. The beds were comfortable but mine didn't have wheels that locked so I couldn't lean against the wall while sitting on the bed but that's ok, I really worked out my abs trying to sit up straight instead. Tv was good, and the AC worked just fine but we didn't need it at night.

6.0

There was the main buffet which had different food every night and plenty variety. There were themes every night so you had all sorts of food like Dominican, Mexican, American, German etc. There was also a snack bar by the beach which we started eating at every day for lunch after we discovered it (open 11-4). There were also the "fancier" restaurants which you have to reserve. One seafood which was good and the other Italian which was better. On the last night, they gave everyone leaving the next day a nice bbq dinner on the beach with candle-lit tables. Also by both pools they would bring snacks around 4-5pm before dinner started at 6. Mini sandwiches, cookies, fries etc. Their cappuccinos were awesome. And the beer was great. Other drinks were alright (a little sweet for my taste though) but my absolute favourite was this drink with crushed lemons and rum (cannot remember the name). Absolutely prefect.

6.0

The staff was super friendly and they made the stay wonderful for us. They all spoke English very well and taught us some Spanish. Our room was always clean thanks to the wonderful cleaning ladies. The Sunwing representative gave us a lot of helpful information so ensure that you attend the info meeting the day after you arrive. Every staff member made an effort to ensure everyone's needs were accommodated and they did it with a smile.

6.0

The beach was stunning with a nice breeze for the hot afternoon hours and the pool was also great. There was seaweed on the beach but they did clean it so that's good. Showers were always nice and hot. Beach chairs weren't all fully functional but that's alright. Kid's entertainment was good and adorable. Disco was good, mini market was alright but expensive. Fast internet. But what made the trip for us was the staff in particular the entertainment staff. They always greeted you with a smile and were full of energy. They truly went the extra mile to include everyone and ensure we all had a blast. Thankyou Railyn, Danial, Yonatan, Kaki, Margarita, Yesi, Judith, Mikiki, Lima, Erik, Yousef, Olga, and Viannely for making our stay extra special!

6.0

The resort is right on the beach. There is a marketplace walking distance from the resort where you can shop for souvenirs and it is very safe. The distance from the airport was a comfortable 1.5 hours through the scenic parts of Samana.

Greta
Good value for money spent
  • January 2014
Overall it was a good experience for the price I paid. If you want the luxury of a 5 star resort do not go here. This is a basic hotel that is well kept, great customer service, good variety of food. Drinks are basic local liquor. The draft beer however was comparable to ours in Canada. Walkways are flag stone and uneven for people with disabilities or elderly. The beach was nice, there was seaweed every morning that washed up. The staff raked it every morning, so it didn't really bother me. We flew with Sunwing; our room keys and ... package was ready for us at the airport. Check in was easy, our representative was great. He did everything possible to solve any problems that arose. Entertainment was limited to the staff, but was not bad. read hotel review
    4.3
    5.2
Nicole
The hotel lives only by the location - else bad.
  • January 2014
We were very disappointed with the hotel. From a 4 star hotel, it is definitely miles away. When at all then 2 stars ☹ The hotel is very come into the years and there are massive deficit. The staff is very much saved in other words it is only untrained staff and much too little. Problems and complaints are just dismissed with a shrug - disaster. The hotel lives solely of its excellent location. Samana and the beach are really a dream. The area is in the middle of a sea of coconut trees right at the beautiful beach. Just ... perfect. We had a beach bungalow for rent. This is really very big and nicely designed with an open loft. Only - also here the ravages of time. Lamps fell from the ceiling, plaster crumbling from etc. The all-inclusive. Sports equipment are the absolute joke. Sailboat was broken, surfboards broken - except one takes for €2 0.00 a pay rate with a teacher - then there was a board. Tennis court was not playable. But the kicker is the snorkeling or diving in the bay ☺ There is a gated area in the bay - which one for the snorkelling money must be paid. Thus not simply with fins and snorkel into the water - no - only times money squeeze! I have on the whole world have never experienced something like that! We will personally not more go. There were incredibly many complaints and the guide could hardly be saved. Location is - like i said - perfect. The remainder can one but unfortunately forgotten. read hotel review
    3.8
    1.8
    1.8
    2.3
Thomas
Relaxing holiday.
  • January 2014
Room is super (bungalow with a sea view), the area was well-kept, beach is spacious and absolutely great, beach chairs were unfortunately too little available (even though the brochure advertised), staff is always hard working and friendly, food was good but unfortunately always luke warm to cold, when the area was full, it works in the dining room nothing more (complaints at the reception completely worthless), end january and february a trip to the buckelwalen book fantastic. We'll certainly come again. read hotel review
    3.5
Uwe & Tamara
It doesnt go worse!
  • December 2013
The hotel has about 480 rooms and bungalows. This hotel came into the years, cannot deny. It is currently undergoing renovated until 24 hours (construction noise) and new mattresses in the rooms. It would have been good, if the new mattresses in occupied room and not in vacant. We had a bungalow we then after about 10 days against a standards room exchanged, hygienic reasons. Dirty sheets and towels. The curtains also completely dirty. Several families went from the bungalow in a standard room and took a downgrade in purchase. (pustules, insects, psoriasis) power outages, electricity blackouts and brown tap ... water. The air conditioning in the bungalows very loud. We had to you at night off. read hotel review
    1.0

The bungalow as described above a disaster. Several people changed as already said. Everything was very old. The room cleaning took place daily and was endeavored. A flat screen tv without remote control, a fridge with daily Cola, Sprite and water restocked (all-inclusive). Cribs on the gallery completely worn out. All in all the bungalow was very dark. Broken bulbs were not replaced. The curtains dirty and from the rail torn. The safe costs 2 us Dollar per day. The air conditioning was very noisy.

5.0

There were two restaurants and several bars. Initially constantly changed the area of breakfast and dinner. Man never knew where the food was. The quality and quantity of the offered dishes was good. Also the cleanliness in this area was good. The tables were immediately cleared and kept clean. Thanks to Leo situated and Francis. There were local dishes as well as pasta and pizza, bacon, chops etc. A small tip delighted every. We gave in the rule per week 5 us Dollar. The atmosphere was great, as this hotel in our vacation period area was not completely booked.

1.0

Partly friendly staff. The 'keeper' in the restaurant ran a constantly in the way rum and rempelten even the people. Spanish as language is always. English and german were very limited. The sheets and towels looked as if they as toilet paper are used. The hotel-own physician was not always available, despite 24 hour promises in the travel catalog. We have around 7:30 p. m. a used, and were then informed that this only on the next day around 10:30 a. m. was there. A complaint over the dirty bungalow yielded nothing. We wanted a different bungalow. These we could not, because the air conditioner was broken. Then we wanted to a standard room, which we got. In this there was the shower head and the toilet seat was hanging on the side down. You promised us the change to 6:30 p. m.. To move we could then finally at 11:00 p. m.. I can't imagine that it was even worse off.

5.0

The entertainment we did not use as we passivurlauber are. The beach was beautiful. The pool we did not use. The pool chairs on the beach were all inclusive. Partly quite new, partly with clear grbrauchssputen. There was no umbrellas on the beach. They are not necessary since trees and palms enough shade. The beach and the garden were cleaned every day.

1.0

The hotel has about 480 rooms and bungalows. This hotel came into the years, cannot deny. It is currently undergoing renovated until 24 hours (construction noise) and new mattresses in the rooms. It would have been good, if the new mattresses in occupied room and not in vacant. We had a bungalow we then after about 10 days against a standards room exchanged, hygienic reasons. Dirty sheets and towels. The curtains also completely dirty. Several families went from the bungalow in a standard room and took a downgrade in purchase. (pustules, insects, psoriasis) power outages, electricity blackouts and brown tap water. The air conditioning in the bungalows very loud. We had to you at night off.

2.0

The drive from Puerto Plata took four hours to the hotel. To the beach only few minutes. The shopping possibilities in the hotel were very limited. Whoever touristenkrimskrams can in las galeras go shopping. The hotel's disco was very loud. The best entertainment there was, if at the weekend the domenicaner the hotel flood. During the week was otherwise not much was offered. The beach vendors were also only stuff to rip-off prices. Despite action. The fresh coconuts on the beach, however, were really good. The taxis have tourist prices. Local drive much cheaper. The beach itself was gorgeous. The pool was cleaned every day and strong with chlorine contaminated. These used we do not.

Bruno
A dream holiday once again.
  • November 2013
Clean, well-kept basic hotel Condition is currently improved (new rooms and new reception) Very many repetentes so people the repeated the hotel what with such simple hotel of satisfaction with staff etc. Suggests. read hotel review
    5.0

Had a bungalow simply but cleanly furnished. Minibar refilled every day. The furniture was already a bit outdated, but now in the process of rennovation fully be changed. The size of the room was adequate possibly somewhat little reservoir for clothes otherwise everything in order

5.0

Don't always warm but the quality was very good Everything we needed. Drinks for cocktailtrinker a bit sweet but also always everything there which one needs. A tip times occasionally helps as everywhere bit further-

6.0

Very attentive staff at the hotel. Loved the friendliness and the amenities were provided. Every wish of ours was insofar as possible. We would like especially some people thanks. Noris silverio of the reservation Robert Carlos clase the manager of the dining And Henry ulloa, the director It was nice with you

6.0

If the long transfer time omits and in purchase takes you by the location - fantastic nature at a beautiful beach. Everything you need is in the nearby village of available. Otherwise very quiet and beautiful location.

Ralf & Sandra
Rather Asien again as once again cathedral. Repair.
  • November 2013
Hotel is very dated. But it was to our travel strongly renovated. At least. The 'newer' houses. House 4a 6. The rooms are quite large, but the furniture has its best times already several times behind itself. And the cleanliness of the rooms and the houses, well, is everything bit different. Still quite russians free, but if the weekends replace the locals the russians excellent with everything you could think of. Otherwise quite mixed of the nationalities and the age. The area was really super large and quite nice. Due to the large and clean area 3 stars from us. ... Small tip, if you still think a 4 star hotel in the cathedral. Repair. With a german 4 star hotel compare to have, it should not book! Never again will we something over schauinsland book! This really is the all. Stay with Neckermann and co. read hotel review
    2.0

The rooms are quite large, but the furniture has its best times already several times behind itself. And the cleanliness of the rooms and the houses, well, is everything bit different. At the Walls and bedside lamps you can even puzzle, which so had in the room and we ate. Bath is from the size completely sufficiently. There is a hair dryer (you better not use, if you see him) Cleanliness hmm best short and quickly as possible. Quasi eyes too and through. Logical it differently than at home is, so that you should expect.

3.0

2 restaurants, 1 at the beach and one next to the lobby. Several bars in the entire area. Small tip: stay away from the seafood that had all which we have become acquainted with at least. 3 days then shortened. Food was ok to good and one was almost always full. , if not degrees 500 local the hotel seize as with us. Scary, if we only remember! On those evenings we were for example not full, as there were hardly any something to eat was there and at the bars you could at least. 30 minutes to queue after drinks, even the staff was completely overstrained and also with a tip not even with 2 0 $worked as a bit. Cleanliness was okay, but who of course if the finds also which. Themed nights, especially the dinner on the beach and at the pool. The cocktail menu you can up and down the drink with ice cream and tasted also everything.

3.0

Friendliness mark 4. With english you got along well, be it you have something to complain about then you understand you no more. So only spanish. German no sound. We had a lot to complain about, as mold on the bedding, leftovers on the tv, no balcony furniture not have a handle on the door to all on this and to get a toilet seat, there was also not etc. Etc. With all these traffen we on mega casual lobby staff. Conclusion: insoluble even after 3 days. Only the very nice service Neckermann it could be a little better, since the tour guide from schauinsland never distance was, even to the specified dates!

3.0

Hotel is very dated. But it was to our travel strongly renovated. At least. The 'newer' houses. House 4a 6. The rooms are quite large, but the furniture has its best times already several times behind itself. And the cleanliness of the rooms and the houses, well, is everything bit different. Still quite russians free, but if the weekends replace the locals the russians excellent with everything you could think of. Otherwise quite mixed of the nationalities and the age. The area was really super large and quite nice. Due to the large and clean area 3 stars from us. Small tip, if you still think a 4 star hotel in the cathedral. Repair. With a german 4 star hotel compare to have, it should not book! Never again will we something over schauinsland book! This really is the all... Stay with Neckermann and co.

3.0

Beach comfortable all rooms at 5 minutes walking distance. From the airport puerte plate about 4-5 hour drive. In the immediate vicinity there is not much, even las galeras offers nothing, except for a german emigrant travel somewhat cheaper offers, and a born salesman ☺ Excursion tip: the restaurant on the cliffs. Before the tour guide phone book. Was absolutely worth it.

Christine & Andi
Nice, simple natural paradise.
  • November 2013
Medium sized hotel plant with several multi-storey buildings. The area was daily by diligent, always friendly grüßenden workers kept clean. The structure of the guests was mixed, mainly german, canadians, americans and on the weekends the natives, the much dirt and so quite no manners - unfortunately... Food supply was universe inclusive with 3 times daily buffet or snacks at the beach bar. read hotel review
    5.0

The room was large, with two large single beds, a tv (remote control are available at the front desk!) , chest of drawers, closet and a beautiful bathroom with large storage space next to the shower. Our room was a typical, spanish-style, in the old, but clean! The only drawback: there was only one not particularly bright bedside lamp and a light in the corridor, which means if you want to read a book in bed, should sichj even a lichtlein carry forward, that was unfortunately the small lighting not possible... Other than that, everything was ok, normal 3 - star standard, as you would expect. The air conditioning worked with no problems.

5.0

Next to the reception there was the main restaurant, in which all 3 main meals can; you can also for lunch at the beach bar snacks and there are also two à la carte restaurants, an italian and a sea food restaurant, but we never took advantage of. The quality and quantity of the food was perfectly satisfactory for a 3 star hotel. The food was delicious, there was already so generally always similar food, but you can now not say, that always the allergleiche was. Clear, rice, pulses, vegetables (carrots!) There were always, at any time of the day. But still always modified (rice with meersfrüchten, Paella, gemüsereis ). Meat dishes there was also always different (beef, pork, goat - very tasty!). You could also from and to (this would have more often) local things such as cassava, plantain, last name essen, the very interesting taste. Different salads, as well as fresh fruit were there also always: melon, pineapple, mango (yum!) , papaya and also always a fruit salad, the abovementioned fruits. Everything was very tasty. As dessert there was different cakes, creams, puddings, cookies. We found the meal more delicious and sufficient. The waiters/inside in the restaurant were always very friendly and at noon and evening drinks made, including water from a chilled Krug serves. As soon as our glass only quarter full, was again refilled, without, that you said; they were very attentive!

6.0

Every employee of the staff was friendly to us, without exception. All they always have nice gegrüß, the maids, the waiters, the front desk staff, the gardeners... Without exception everyone was very friendly and gave us a welcome feel. And we didn't tip the friendliness animate must, as we from some of the other holiday-makers have heard. Some one should perhaps only times to look, as the employees opposite force... We have unfortunately some unentspannte, annoyed vacationers met, which their bad mood immediately checked, since surprises me nothing more... With english you definately good through the holiday, everyone understood; even german could a few coworker at the reception. The rooms were our opinion always well cleaned, we never had any reason to complain. The towels are indeed old (which does not mean, that they are dirty), some are already frayed, but we never had the feeling, that they were not clean! When we arrived we were something problems with the attitude of the safe, since then quite quickly someone from the housekeeping took care of. So all in all, there was absolutely no criticism of the friendliness and the service!

5.0

Hotel provides you could varied activities, if one wanted: you can in the hotel's free kayaks, Volleyball play, table tennis play, kickers, billarden, archery, snorkelling (partly for 10 Dollar, if you are in this special aquarium snorkeling, the specially arranged was). There was water gymnastics, stretching and step aerobics. The entertainers were never pushy, there was always only a short announcement is made, what is taking place now and that was it; nobody from the pool chairs outside or stupid touts. That was really exactly correctly sunday The beach chairs at the beach were already quite tattered, but you can find would always again which, the still look good, one must stop a little watch out. At the pool the beach chairs were better maintained. There is altogether three pools; in rezeptionsnähe are rather kiddie pool and not so good for swimming; the beach was lovely and very good for a few rounds suitable for swimming.

5.0

From the airport Puerto Plata it is approximately 3.5 hours drive. It is far away from the hustle and bustle and can enjoy the serenity. The hotel is located about 5 minutes walk from the village of las galeras way. Where you can very good souvenirs shoppen and especially. There is a very cheap internet cafe, which was great for us, because our prepaid cell phones absolutely did not work and the minute telephone in the hotel 4 Dollar cost. Annoying are only the dealers (especially the first) on the way to the village, partial react you really smelly and insulting, if you didn't buy anything. Excursions could be cheap in the village book, but we in the hotel with its booked, because we rather were convinced - but of course was to everyone. The hotel is located on one of the hundreds of palm-fringed bay from white, fine sand, a fantastic sight. Unfortunately we had the problem (and we do not know, whether it is always like that or just, when we were there), the sea is a lot of seaweed washed ashore had and therefore always many blacks' pflatschen' the beautiful white fine sand disfigured or if you go into the sea is, the grass constantly around the feet looped and one is reglerecht in grasnester trodden - it was really not so great, but some one disturbs the also not. The bay, you could also not directly on the beach along walk, because from a geiwssen point rocks came. So you have to say, it is a nice fine beach, but not the typical long caribbean beach, like one it from for example Punta Cana knows; the width wise it is very narrow. During our stay the sea was very flat; you could forever far into the sea and the water was a maximum to the belly. For children it would certainly be ideal! However, we were satisfied, in the catalog it meant 'natural beach', so you can actually nothing to say, you know, what the could. But the beach was, was, that after the section a huge lawn came, on the the beach chairs generously were distributed. It was not closely next to each other like sausages at the grill and the other advantage was, that you up with its pool chair was, the sand run away and not on its couch screeching has. Was handy and in our opinion top! Umbrellas were not, but so many palm trees, that one everywhere a schattenplätzchen finds; one must ahlt with the couch constantly 'hiking', but no problem at all. There are also some traders from the village and prices their products to, those stand leave one however also fast in peace, if you notice, the you don't want. Only the photo team of the hotel was a bit annoyed, because the constantly photos of a made, even if you do not, then it's just secretly made (the photos looks none, as it was only on request at pc shown and you then can buy, but if you don't want to, that you took pictures is, should it just leave...) Oh, on the way to the beach there are two natural ponds, via a bridge could happen; there were fish and turtles - very sweet, if the turtles for lunch on the palmstämmen terraces and routes ☺

Markus
Completely okay, i'll be back
  • Singles
  • October 2013
After a successful holiday on bali i wanted this year once again a beautiful holiday at a beautiful beach, and i am to 10. the dominican republic flown. I love this country simply and aware this time las galeras selected, this magnificent, secluded paradise in the extreme east of the samana peninsula. Hotel grand paradise samana is a simple but 'decent' area of 3a 3.5 stars category with a casual atmosphere. The hotel in the one or the other body a worn impression, the furniture was partly worn and the towels in the bathrooms also had seen better days. ... But unique, the location, the beautiful natural environment and the proximity to the lonely beaches, for me the small to larger shortcomings of the hotel more than compensated. I would travel back immediately, the price-performance ratio was completely okay. read hotel review
    3.0

I stayed in block 7, the room was ok, the curtains were torn and the towels holes and stained. The furniture was typical of the country and ok, if you don't have many requriements you will not miss. What concerns the cleaniness, i had nothing to complain about, beschlagene fixtures you will find in the carribean often.

3.0

Unfortunately, the selection was compared to other hotels in which i in the dominican republic of used a little poor. But i always found something, but the selection of fish and seafood, and fruit was poor.

4.0

The service was always friendly, i came with a little spanish well. Foreign language skills i abroad from the staff, since everyone should be guest make the effort a few phrases in the local language 'mood'.

4.0

After a successful holiday on bali i wanted this year once again a beautiful holiday at a beautiful beach, and i am to 10. the dominican republic flown. I love this country simply and aware this time las galeras selected, this magnificent, secluded paradise in the extreme east of the samana peninsula. Hotel grand paradise samana is a simple but 'decent' area of 3a 3.5 stars category with a casual atmosphere. The hotel in the one or the other body a worn impression, the furniture was partly worn and the towels in the bathrooms also had seen better days. But unique, the location, the beautiful natural environment and the proximity to the lonely beaches, for me the small to larger shortcomings of the hotel more than compensated. I would travel back immediately, the price-performance ratio was completely okay.

6.0

Directly on the beach the 'playa paraiso' a beautiful, white bay with stunning kokospalmenbestand in the middle of the lush nature. Great was also the lawn in front of the beach.

Miriam
Merry, paradisiacal dream holiday with palm trees
  • Friends
  • October 2013
The hotel was medium sized but very familiar. Nestled in thousands of palm trees and a beautiful tropical garden. Everything is super clean and very well maintained. Most of the guests are all-inclusive holiday makers, this time many german, a few canadians, french, some latinos, on weekend of dominicans, many czechs... From the ages quite mixed, hardly any children, except on the weekend, if the dominicans come, then it is very lively. read hotel review
    5.0

The rooms are very spacious with large beds, air conditioning, tv, a nice balcony. Everything was ok - but for me is the facilities a room not so important. Everything was always clean, enough towels, hair dryer etc.

6.0

The food was always very varied, in the main restaurant for all three meals great, varied buffets. At lunch, we often on the beach, in the restaurant with a wonderful view to the sea, also here always delicious and great desserts. The absolute dream were the food arrangements on the beach, we were lucky, that we have three times at the beach outside food. In addition were very elaborate all tables lovingly and sympathetically redeveloped with white tablecloths and candles set, and the complete buffet with grill was also outdoors. It was beautiful, at this point again thank you to the many cooks and helpers the it us so well made. Adan the chef was very friendly and also the waitresses leogalina and juana always surprised us with your outstanding friendliness and the attentive service was very satisfactory. But also the other waiters give very often water after, clear immediately used plates and are simply fantastic. It is also already, that you, even though you really very long working days often have, still super friendly and never complain! Thanks to all! Also at the other bars always very nice staff, especially juan carlos always very much joy with its outstanding friendliness and warmth made.

5.0

The entire staff is absolutely super friendly and very welcoming. Especially hervorgestochen has julio from the front desk, which is great for our needs of any kind cared. With spanish and english one comes through super, if you only want to speak german, just with a little less language skills locally be expected, but there is some, the quite well to speak can. The rooms were unfortunately often only late cleaned, there was still room for improvement, otherwise nothing to complain about.

6.0

The family atmosphere of the hotel is especially the friendliness of the entertainment and tänzerteams ftate. All they always have a smile on their lips, during the day if you want activities, from wasserärobic over archery, beach volleyball, spanish lessons... Everything available. Nobody is importunate, everything could, nothing must. We have rather the beautiful sea. The evening shows were very professional and always a great pleasure to see, how enthusiastically the dancers were thereby. On the weekends, when the dominicans are, there is always a particularly fun and great atmosphere before and during the shows. Then in the highest quality you can the evening always good drink. Latinomusik and pop is in the week mixed, on the weekends mostly merengue, bachata and salsa. In the animation team us especially dj alexi always very much happiness, with its cheerful and cordial kind he was always very pleasant at the table. Also anujar, the other dj always great music and also with the many discussions were very nice. Many thanks also to jesse for the beautiful dancing in the disco and lima for the merengues, much fun made!

6.0

The hotel is on a beautiful caribbean palm beach location. In 10 minutes you are in the small town las galeras (best in the afternoon again, then it is not so hot anymore), there you can in little stores still beautiful buy jewelry, also a few supermarkets are here or plan excursions, best not to tour operator hear, the my, the cathedral. Is very dangerous, here are all very friendly and welcoming. The transfer from the airport is 4 hours (puerto plata), but the long way is worthwhile oneself. On the way back in the days one sees it also again much from the beautiful country.

Aline & Alice
Our paradise and home
  • Friends
  • September 2013
We love this country, the people, the area and the hotel. The perfect spot for the world from another side to meet. You have so many possibilities, to great things to do and see - you is not included. The hotel is beautiful, and there is really nothing to complain about - the perfect hotel for young and old! What the hotel particularly benefits is the hospitality, one feels immediately like home and all the people are always friendly and welcoming. Here no wishes were left open! Samuel vasquez, the most important person, is always available, if you have a ... problem or need The angels the reception yinauri, geury and euris are in everything and helpful at all times. The food is very good and varied. The waiters were very attentive and always available. Ariel gil and his team read the guests every wish. The pool was nice to look at, especially the chef-entertainer Daniel was it, that never boring and you always something to laugh about An insider tip for all ausflugsbegeisterten Jöl castro offers great excursions of any kind. Whether one quadtour or of us highly recommended the '3 beaches tour' with the boat. With great prices you can see much and experience. Jöl finds directly in las galeras at the first beach bar 'coco loco'. We are very much looking forward to, in 22 days (for 3 time) in paradise to ☺ read hotel review
    5.5
    5.5
    5.7
Maximilian
The sheikh to Emir...
  • September 2013
+ very nice plant + gorgeous beach + crystal clear sea. - food (constant repetition, hardly seafood) - impression of rip-off in some areas (very expensive internet fees) read hotel review
    3.0

Large and spacious, Bathroom with bathtub, condition was ok, not good, but not bad Tv with 80 channels, including a german (Deutsche Welle), but we didn't often used. A travel adapter think around the outlets to use. Caution bugs, which in such a country, but to be expected.

2.0

Dishes repeated almost daily, only slight variations. Hardly seafood, the theme evenings were not really true. Especially after revenue of fish (sea scape restaurant) had many guests we spoke with (us included) stomach intestine complaints.

2.0

Our rooms were between 15:00 and 17:00 cleaned; this changed after a complaint at the tour operator. The bartenders were mostly very friendly and fun mood. ! Front desk staff the worst and rudest i have ever experienced i! Be careful! Impression of rip-off the hotel is the handling of beach towels.

4.0

Entertainment was very discreet, not clubtypisch. I think when a relaxation and relaxing holiday but rather positive. Good evening shows (albeit a bit late to 21,45) The disco was not really busy, but the time we were there and the rather higher average age of the guests was. Loungers at the beach and at the pool very uncomfortable and old.

5.0

The hotel is located in quiet location, directly on the beautiful beach. Except Las galeras there were hardly any shopping possibilities and these are limited. There you can book trips After samana about 25-30 kilometer and taxis are extremely expensive. So if you would like to be close to a larger city was wrong here.

Ursula
Light and
  • September 2013
The hotel is a relatively large area. The rooms were big enough the cleaning and cleanliness was also reasonable, however often only in the late afternoon the room was cleaned. Wireless internet costs 3-4 Euro for 30 minutes! Weekend rates are many locals in the area read hotel review
    4.0

Room was large, the furniture relatively new. The balcony was very small. The minibar was filled every day.

4.0

The hygiene i would like to describe as typically egyptian. The food was always the same - and after 14 days the food also. The atmosphere was in the garden was very pleasant on the weekend loud and hectic. The restaurant are definitely better, also from the atmosphere.

4.0

Friendliness and foreign language knowledge were ok Room cleaning often first in the afternoon - dealing with complaints - hotel is - tour operator unfortunately not.

4.0

Entertainment i can't rate. The beach chairs should partly be exchanged.

4.0

The location is brilliant - after Las galeras only 20 minutes. Shopping and restaurant are available, but not very much. Excursions could be at Marcel book, but there are also at the taxi stand in front of the hotel - to offerers for trips, the very praised were.

Simone
Karibik dream
  • September 2013
A fantastic hotel, in the naturstil adapted, amidst original caribbean vegetation. Palm trees and hibiscus flowers as far as the eye can see. Ideal for nature lovers and those seeking peace. Beautiful beach at hotel-owned beach. read hotel review
    6.0

Nice and clean room, the cleaned well, and the beds lovingly decorated with hibiscus flowers ornate were. In the room there was a minibar with various beverages, the daily replenished.

5.0

There are 2 restaurants. One of them directly at the beach, the other in the garden area. Both were clean and in naturstil according to the Karibik flair. Good food, although this is not changes often. Everyone found something for his taste. Every day there were the local dominican cuisine, but also international dishes. (european, american)

6.0

The service all thumbs up. The entire staff is friendly. Large praise and thank you to the room & division manager Samuel vasquez-the always helpful, welcoming and friendly, with problems sovereign and quick solutions. He speaks next to several foreign languages also good german.

6.0

Great animation team, that every evening demanding terpsichorean shows offers. All were very nice, fun and absolutely not pushy and if you for example in activities not want to take part.

6.0

The beach was by the local polish guarded, so you surely relax and swim.

Silvia & Willi
A paradise, the unfortunately none was
  • City break
  • September 2013
This hotel has no 2 stars, it was the worst hotel in which we ever was. Staff arrogant and unfriendly (except for few exceptions). The food was awful. The only, which was nice, the beach is, except for the beach chairs, the were mega-old and totally worn out. Large noise disturbance, day and night. read hotel review
    3.0

Our rooms in block 7 was in order and everything worked. The generator very close by, so 24 hours noise, the balcony one could not use. The room was extremely clairaudient, so that you couldn't sleep at night. Through the badewannenabfluss sometimes arrived cockroaches.

1.0

The food was hardly enjoyeable, and always cold. No matter what meat you took, it was always tough. The breakfast there was at least freshly prepared eggs, the every day was our main meal. The cocktails were all much too sweet and everyone kept made you different. The cleanliness in the dining room also left much to be desired.

2.0

The front desk staff was the unfriendliest, we have ever experienced. The bar staff was partly friendly, partly very arrogant. If at the weekend the local guests were there, they were totally preferentially. The room cleaning was so lala, the towels were changed, not even folded.

1.0

As i said, the beach is beautiful, but the beach chairs were not, worn out and old. Unfortunately during our stay on 3 days the lawn was mowed and the 6 hours a day, with ancient loud devices, there was no trace of relaxation more.

3.0

The beach is the best part of the hotel. A small town is about 10 minutes' walk away, otherwise there was nothing nearby.

Line
Magnificient!
  • September 2013
beautiful place , nice beach, nice activities and nice crew of Geo espacially Daniel. I will go back for sure. If you want to see gorgeous views it is the place !!! Great food and clean rooms and alot of sunshine !! read hotel review
    5.2