Guesthouse Dar Najat(0 stars)

douar graoua,derb lalla chacha,N.18 marrakech,40000; View on map

Elizabeth
Amazing Riad in the centre of Marrakech
  • Singles
  • July 2012
I have travelled to Marrakech many times and I always love staying in Riad Dar Najat. Oliver and all his staff are so friendly and always make me feel welcome. The beautifully designed Riad is quite spacious with three floors including two terraces and the comfortable rooms are all very clean with good showers and constant hot water. I usually have a room with breakfast and sometimes I will have an evening meal in Dar Najat's Kitchen. The food is always freshly cooked very good. I have travelled regularly to Morocco over the last 18 months and I always travel ... alone. read hotel review
    6.0

The African themed rooms, which are designed by an artist friend of Oliver's are spacious, clean and comfortable....with separate shower rooms, good working showers, hot water and air-conditioning.

6.0

Breakfast there is so good...fresh orange juice, eggs, pancakes, pastries, bread and jam and hot coffee. The main eating area is up on the terrace although you can also eat in the other large open area on the ground floor which has lots of comfortable seating and is often used for entertaining larger groups on special occasions such as New Year's Eve. The atmosphere is great...with all their cool taste in music....and in the evenings its really enjoyable to relax and enjoy the traditionally cooked Moroccan food on the candlelit terrace overlooking Marrakech. Prices there are fairly average for the high standard of food provided. I have never been disappointed by their choice of menu.

6.0

I can't fault the service in Dar Najat!! Everyone there is so friendly and they always make me feel welcome and will help when ever I need anything. The Riad is very well designed and maintained and all the rooms are cleaned regularly every day and you are also given clean towels daily. I have never had any complaints...but I am sure Oliver would go out of his way to assist with any queries that may occur.

6.0

There are plenty of comfortable seating areas on the top terrace to relax and enjoy the hot sun and there are some beautiful shaded rooms where you can sit and read and drink mint tea at anytime when gets too hot.

6.0

I have travelled to Marrakech many times and I always love staying in Riad Dar Najat. Oliver and all his staff are so friendly and always make me feel welcome. The beautifully designed Riad is quite spacious with three floors including two terraces and the comfortable rooms are all very clean with good showers and constant hot water. I usually have a room with breakfast and sometimes I will have an evening meal in Dar Najat's Kitchen. The food is always freshly cooked very good. I have travelled regularly to Morocco over the last 18 months and I always travel alone.

6.0

Riad Dar Najat is very centrally placed for walking to Djemma El Fna. It takes about 10 mins past lots of interesting shops and a few good eating places on the way. On arrival at the airport arrangements will be made to collect and take you to the Riad which saves a lot of time searching if you have not been there before. When I first arrived I was given a mobile and a map and a short guide to show me the way to the main square. It seemed daunting at first but eventually I got used to walking through the narrow streets back to the Riad....it is just far enough away from Djemma El Fna to be quiet and relaxing to come back to after the craziness of the souks. Oliver can also arrange for trips to various places and he has another fabulous Riad in Essaouira ...2/3 hours away depending on car or bus, where you can stay for an alternative experience in Morocco on the coast.

Mandy
Fantastic romantic riad
  • July 2012
This is my 2nd visit to Marrakech now -and after my brilliant experience of Dar Najat I had to return. The riad had been renovated since our last holiday 3 year ago -now with added roof terrace with sun loungers. What a difference! After a hard day of shopping and exploring the city, relaxing under the stars was truly memorable. Our room (Widad) was clean -beautifully decorated and the air con was brilliant. We had the room that looked into the courtyard and I loved to sit in the morning whilst my husband slept (I wake early!) watching the World ... go by. I got to recognise the same local faces each day going about their business. Sheets towels and bedding changed every day whilst we were out. Staff will also do your washing and ironing for a small charge (no irons in room). Breakfast was the best ever. Selection of pancakes, eggs, breads, fruit coffee and the gorgeous fresh orange juice. They will make this whatever time you wake as well. Oliver was his usual charming funny self -brilliant man with a heart of gold. He has become a really good friend since our last visit -he even made my husband a birthday cake (amazing!) which was presented to him on arrival. Free transfers to and from airport are included and staff help with the suitcases -nothing is enough trouble. Although we did not take up the offer of trips this time as we wanted to do our own thing -staff will arrange trips for you and will show you around if needed. We did take up the offer of a Hammam and Spa though -well recommended. (Medina spa). Night time at the riad is very special once the many coloured lanterns are lit. The jacuzzi is an added extra and was so lovely just sitting with my feet in the water! We will definitely return -Dar Najat feels like home now and I am so sad to be back in rainy England. Thank you Oliver and your fantastic team of staff. read hotel review

Archived reviews

These are not counted into the current average review rating, as the journey took place more than 25 months ago, or the hotel has completely changed.
Stefan
Bewitchingly archived
  • Translated
  • September 2011
The small Riad (7 double rooms) with very much love for the detail. Everywhere plants, Mosaic, pictures and in the evening a romantic, stylish lighting. The rooms located on first two floors around the patio the two-storey terrace invites to drink tea stay a. Cooling jacuzzi is very recommendable. Breakfast and drinks are in the price inclusive. Free Wiki everywhere. read hotel review
    6.0

Different big room to different prices, but all the same and as the whole establishment lovingly decorated. If you have much time in the room spend, should rather a larger take. I was very satisfied with the smallest; everything clean and en suite shower.

6.0

Large radix complement to the cooks-here comes finest, authentic Moroccan food on the tablethe menus in the evening costs in addition, is worthwhile but 1000 times, we have only once someplace else eaten. Tea and fresh orange juice tastes like royalty.

6.0

Great-as we could European employees of the hotel learn a lot! French or English should you can, for good to keep you entertained.

6.0

The Riad is 5a 10-minute walk from Grand place( Djemaa el Fna) and the market (souk) away, in the middle of typical streets of the Medina. Next surroundings are restaurants, shops and so on

Paul
Best Riad in Marrakech archived
  • Singles
  • December 2010
This was my 2nd time visiting Riad Dar Najat, and it was even better this time around. The hotel itself is just as beautiful with all of it's African decor and lush terrace, and all the familiar staff were still there. Olivier and his crew are still delivering top-notch service and atmosphere at a great price. It really is the "Coolest Riad in Marrakech". It's a great, little boutique hotel that is in a great location, only about a 5 minute walk from the Jemaa el Fna. It's a perfect choice for a romantic getaway, or couples retreat. The music ... is always groovy, from classic reggae to more modern instrumental Arabic music and jazz, it really sets a cool tone. The terrace is still fantastic with all of its art and trees and plants. The food, breakfast, lunch and dinner was fantastic and served whenever it was asked for. Excellent service and friendly, multi-lingual staff. The New Year's Eve Fiesta was absolutely great and the full house of guests had a great time with great, Gnawa musician and bellydancers. The food (and wine) was also amazing at the party. Beer and liquor was available too! Wow. Great party in a great place with great people. I didn't use the jazuzzi on the roof, but it sure looks good. There is free wifi everywhere in the riad as well, including the rooms. What more could one ask for in accommodations? I don't normally stay in the same place twice, but Riad Dar Najat is different. It's really a memorable small hotel, with memorable service and value. Thanks for everything Olivier and staff! Hopefully I will return yet again soon! read hotel review
    4.7
John
The best riad in Marrakech archived
  • October 2010
The riad has 7 rooms over 2 levels. The rooms are in very good condition, most of the furnishings are new. The riad is kept in excellent condition. The cleaners arrive everyday to make sure the rooms are spotless. Breakfast is included and are complimentry drinks throughout the day, aiport pickup can be arranged by the riad. The guests are from a wide range of backgrounds, whilst we were at the riad there were a couple from the USA, Canada, Belguim, UK, and Italy. It was a fantastic mix of people and we all got on really well. read hotel review
    6.0

The size of the rooms are perfect. There was a double bed, a small sofa, coffee table, and wardrobe in the room. The was an ensuite bathroom which had all the usual complimentry toiletries. All of the rooms had individually controlled air con units which worked really well. The condition on this riad is exceptional, all of the fixtures and fittings are like new.

6.0

The riad offers are a very nice selection at breakfast time, all of the items served are freshly prepared and taste delicious. The traditional tagines served at this riad were the best we had in our 7 days stay in Marrakech. The tagine was bursting with flavours and something everyone should try on their stay at this riad.

6.0

The staff at this riad are amongst the friendlist I have ever encountered. The really look after you day and night and nothing is too much for them. The staff were speaking various languages. The all spoke fluent English, French, Arabic amongst others. The room cleaning was done everyday and we could not fault it. The riad was happy to arrange for our laundry to be done. At the end of our stay they even helped us weigh our luggage before we left the riad (as we thought we had gone over our airline luggage limit). The riad has free WIFI. We did not have any complaints to make to the riad, but we did have several requests which were all met by the staff. They were even happy to let us use their laptops to check our emails.

6.0

There is a really nice Jacuzzi on one of the terraces.

6.0

The riad is in the heart of the old medina, it is only a 5 minute walk from the famous Jemma El Fna square. The airport is a 15 drive away and the vehilces can get very close to the riad. The main souks are only minutes away from the riad. The owner of the riad will be more than happy to arrange any daytrips you wish to go on (i.e. Atlas Mountain trips, or a beach trip to Essaouira etc) , he will make sure your driver speaks the same language as you and that the driver really looks after you.

Cyril
All perfect archived
  • September 2010
it was really overall a great stay in the dar najat. lovely, helpfull staff, great couscous. the tee and other alcoholfree drinks are for free. situated in the heart of the medina and close (5min walk) to the mainplace jemaa el fna. for sure, i will come back to this little paradise! read hotel review
    Disabled-friendly
Takapoto
Coolest Riad in Marrakech archived
  • May 2010
i feel that place is the coolest riad i have been in marrakech and that adress should be know by travelers . its a boutique riad with very special african and marocan arts . the place is great and lovely .the staff is charming everyone speak english the food is delicious everything is to your confort . my holiday vas a drean and i decide to go back in october thank to dar najat. read hotel review
    6.0
    Leisure activities (e.g. sauna, tennis, entertainment, etc.)
Julie
Dar Najat - a beautiful boutique hotel archived
  • January 2010
Dar Najat is just down a small lane and a short walk to the main sites and we found it easy to find our way back. We were made to feel really welcome by Oliver and his team. The atmosphere is very laid back and relaxed and we felt like we were staying with old friends. There is a lovely roof terrace where everyone chills out. It is clear that a lot of thought has gone into the design and there are African influenced paintings everywhere, including our room, Our room was comfortable with lots of hot water and there ... is also free wifi which we used. The best thing is that it is a real retreat from the hustle and bustle of Marrakech and it was like 'arriving home'. Oliver also spent time with all the guests finding out what they would like to do so that everyone could get the best out of the time they spent in Marrakech. Breakfast was very good including Berber pancakes and there are no fixed times - we just turned up when we were ready. We also had a meal in the evening taken on the rooftop and ate a lovely Tajine - the chef came out personally to make sure we had enjoyed our meal. We would not hesitate to stay at Dar Najat again. read hotel review
    5.3
Tony
Top notch Riad archived
  • October 2009
Dar Najat is a fabulous riad! It is beautifully decorated with a pretty courtyard and roof terrace, which are ideal for chilling out after a hard day's sight-seeing. Perfectly located within the medina and close to the main square. And great breakfasts! We stayed for 4 nights and Oliver and his staff made us very welcome. As first timers in Morocco, Oliver helped us make the most of our short time with lots of useful tips. He organised our day-trip to the High Atlas Mountains, made restaurants reservations and booked the taxi transfer to and from the airport. Nothing was ... too much trouble. My boyfriend and I both had such a great time at Dar Najat - we hope to return in the near future and will be recommending it to all our friends and family. read hotel review
Hartmut
Nice hotel in the old city archived
  • Translated
  • June 2009
Suitable hotel for a short get away two-three days. Clean Rooms. Sadly there was no possibility for dinner. Is however not so bad, said knows many restaurants, the choice is difficult. A ride with a remis in the atlas mountains and should be taken into account. read hotel review
    3.8