Hotel The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium(5 stars)

Playa Bavaro Punta Cana Calle El Cortecito Playa Bavaro 22000 Bavaro View on map

Average rating

191 reviews for this hotel sorted by travel date
Dianne
Another Vacation in Paradise
  • November 2014
Another Vacation in Paradise was completed yesterday. I woke up this morning to snow falling what a difference to the weather I have enjoyed for the past ten days (November 2014) at the Royal Suites Turquesa, Grand Palladium Bavaro Beach Punta Cana. It was warm high 27 plus Celsius most days along with sun. The rain predicted just did not arrive to spoil our time on the beach. My husband and I have been to this resort numerous times and we still return. Why? The answer is easy. The staff are friendly and treat you as a member of their ... family. This time we travelled with our daughter and Son-in-law. Since they had stayed closed to the beach on their honeymoon last September, they wanted to be in a similar location this year. We had rooms in the newly renovated building 50. The rooms have been updated with new toilets, shower stalls and sink vanities. The colour scheme is more modern. Soft grey and charcoal accented with plum and green, very cooling and relaxing colours. The mattress was new as well with a duvet which was really comfortable when sleeping under the air conditioning. There was also lots of accent pillows for watch tv or reading in bed following a day at the beach under the beautiful Carribbean sun. We often ate at the Royal Gourmet Restaurant and the La Chantrelle Restaurant. Both of these restaurants are reserved for only Royal Suites guests. Dining here is a bit more formal also no children to distract the conversation. The food is very good. I highly recommend the Eggs Benedict for breakfast along with a Minosa. Unfortunately, that was not on today’s menu here back at home. One can dine at the Royal Gourmet also for lunch. Yes it does mean leaving the beach but the food is worth it. One day I had lamb chops and they were very good. We discovered the rum and raisin ice cream for dessert from the Caro de Postre. We ordered it more than once. Kerlan, one of the wait staff gave us excellent service. Over at the La Chantrelle restaurant, I think the maître de must know our order off by heart. We started the meal with cheese fondue made with Manchego and Camenbert cheeses, then Chateau Briand for two. This is very tender beef brought flaming on a stone to the table. The meat melts in your mouth. The finish for this meal is Crepe Suzette which is made at the table and served flaming. Great for eating and for taking pictures. For a different evening dining adventure, we booked one of the A La cart restaurants. TAPEO is an authentic tapas restaurant. Biki helped us with ordering the hot items and gave us very good service. One has many different flavours to taste here and since they are small you can really get a variety of flavours. Watermelon soup, beet soup, bite size quiche and breads with different meats and cheeses are just a few of the ones we tried. The Royal lobby bar is an excellent place to start the day or finish it. Gabina keeps everything running smoothly and makes very good pina coladas or mud slides along with great coffees. In the evening Michelina takes over and efficiently runs the bar. She will gladly make what you want so when I asked for Irish Coffee but to skip the Irish whiskey and use Rum cream instead, she does it. We still are pondering what to call this specialty coffee drink, may be Coffee Royale would be appropriate. The highlight of this resort is the beach. I walked my section of it every morning, about 2 kilometers then went for a swim in the warm ocean. Then I spent the rest of the time reading my books or talking to new friends. I do generally stay in the shade and there are lots of huts here that purpose. We had a wonderful relaxing holiday and would recommend anyone to visit this resort. read hotel review
    6.0

Love the new colours, soft grey and charcoal accented with plum and green very relaxing

6.0

Loved the TAPEO a la cart restaurant.. Lots of wonderful taste sensations

Great service in the Royal Gourmet given by Kerlan

6.0

Spent most of our time in the water at the beach. Catamarans are available for the experienced sailor

6.0

Another Vacation in Paradise was completed yesterday. I woke up this morning to snow falling what a difference to the weather I have enjoyed for the past ten days (November 2014) at the Royal Suites Turquesa, Grand Palladium Bavaro Beach Punta Cana. It was warm high 27 plus Celsius most days along with sun. The rain predicted just did not arrive to spoil our time on the beach. My husband and I have been to this resort numerous times and we still return. Why? The answer is easy. The staff are friendly and treat you as a member of their family. This time we travelled with our daughter and Son-in-law. Since they had stayed closed to the beach on their honeymoon last September, they wanted to be in a similar location this year. We had rooms in the newly renovated building 50. The rooms have been updated with new toilets, shower stalls and sink vanities. The colour scheme is more modern. Soft grey and charcoal accented with plum and green, very cooling and relaxing colours. The mattress was new as well with a duvet which was really comfortable when sleeping under the air conditioning. There was also lots of accent pillows for watch tv or reading in bed following a day at the beach under the beautiful Carribbean sun. We often ate at the Royal Gourmet Restaurant and the La Chantrelle Restaurant. Both of these restaurants are reserved for only Royal Suites guests. Dining here is a bit more formal also no children to distract the conversation. The food is very good. I highly recommend the Eggs Benedict for breakfast along with a Minosa. Unfortunately, that was not on today’s menu here back at home. One can dine at the Royal Gourmet also for lunch. Yes it does mean leaving the beach but the food is worth it. One day I had lamb chops and they were very good. We discovered the rum and raisin ice cream for dessert from the Caro de Postre. We ordered it more than once. Kerlan, one of the wait staff gave us excellent service. Over at the La Chantrelle restaurant, I think the maître de must know our order off by heart. We started the meal with cheese fondue made with Manchego and Camenbert cheeses, then Chateau Briand for two. This is very tender beef brought flaming on a stone to the table. The meat melts in your mouth. The finish for this meal is Crepe Suzette which is made at the table and served flaming. Great for eating and for taking pictures. For a different evening dining adventure, we booked one of the A La cart restaurants. TAPEO is an authentic tapas restaurant. Biki helped us with ordering the hot items and gave us very good service. One has many different flavours to taste here and since they are small you can really get a variety of flavours. Watermelon soup, beet soup, bite size quiche and breads with different meats and cheeses are just a few of the ones we tried. The Royal lobby bar is an excellent place to start the day or finish it. Gabina keeps everything running smoothly and makes very good pina coladas or mud slides along with great coffees. In the evening Michelina takes over and efficiently runs the bar. She will gladly make what you want so when I asked for Irish Coffee but to skip the Irish whiskey and use Rum cream instead, she does it. We still are pondering what to call this specialty coffee drink, may be Coffee Royale would be appropriate. The highlight of this resort is the beach. I walked my section of it every morning, about 2 kilometers then went for a swim in the warm ocean. Then I spent the rest of the time reading my books or talking to new friends. I do generally stay in the shade and there are lots of huts here that purpose. We had a wonderful relaxing holiday and would recommend anyone to visit this resort.

6.0

Very relaxing holiday, the new renovated rooms are very comfortable

Todd
Turquesa - just what was needed
  • November 2014
The hotel was very clean; grounds were immaculate and constantly being groomed by staff. I don't think we ever saw a piece of trash on the grounds during our entire stay. Food was pretty good for an all-inclusive at the a la carte restaurants. The two (2) on-site restaurants were the Gourmet and Le Chenterrelle. We don't really care for French type cuisine so we didn't eat there. However, the Gourmet is excellent fro breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The resort definitely caters to the Europeans, which was actually refreshing. You order from the menus and still had buffet at the ... same time. We liked it. read hotel review
    6.0

Suite was huge. Almost too big.....almost....furniture was clean, comfortable and plenty. Minibar was restocked everyday and more if you needed it. We used the safe throughout our stay and nothing ever came up missing. In fact, a couple of times, we left some valuables out, unintentionally, and came back to find them neatly organized on our desk when we returned after several hours and the room was cleaned for the day.

5.0

Turquesa has the two restaurants...Food at the Gourmet is always good, flatware clean, staff attentive, and facilities clean. All the a la carte restaurants were excellent throughout the resort and like I said before, the Turquesa I.D. bracelet will probably change most things. We talked with several people from the other resorts while out and about and many of them were not impressed with the level of service, food, drinks, etc. We will say that we went to a couple of the buffet breakfasts at the Bavaro, and Grand Palladium and were quickly reminded of 'you get what you pay for'. The buffet at the Grand Palace, however, was pretty good. Now for the tips: Again, we were from The States, so tipping for us came rather natural. We did find that there were very few Americans at the resort, again refreshing, but we also noticed that very few of the Europeans, Canadians, or others rarely, if ever, tipped. But with that Gold Bracelet (I.D.) it didn't seem to matter if you did or didn't....service was the same. We tried to tip at every opportunity just because the people are so poor....work very hard to make your stay enjoyable...and are happy to just have a job. If you are staying here at the Turquesa, an extra dollar here and there is not going to break the bank and you can see in the staff's eyes they truly appreciate it. It is certainly not expected at Turquesa, but they truly do appreciate it.

6.0

Staff was excellent at all of the complex. It should be noted that your I.D. bracelet from Turquesa opens many doors to you that would otherwise be closed if you stayed at one of the other three. Yes, costs a bit more to stay at Turquesa, but the 24 hour room service, priority seating at restaurants, attentive service, and other amenities are beyond worth it. The room was kept constantly clean by the maid service, and I do not remember her name, but she was great. Transportation was a necessity when going to dinner at the other restaurants like the Brazilian (Rodisio) or the Japanese, Steakhouse, Italian, etc. And the absolute best driver was Nayo. It seemed like he was always working...days, nights...weekends....always a smile on his face and very quick and professional. We already miss him. Now for the best of the best....Our Butler, Providencia....absolutely wonderful. This lady took care of everything from room service, to restocking the suite mini bar, to booking reservations at any restaurant we wanted, to getting us show times, and arranging transportation so they were waiting for us when we came down from our room, to resort activities, spa treatments....you name it! This lady should be highly considered for the hotel management staff and if we ran the resort, she would be!!

6.0

Turquesa has complimentary Wi-Fi throughout the complex and even works well at the beach. I can't think of a spot where we did not have service on the grounds, and the speeds were pretty good, too. Email, web browsing, sending pics, and web phone were all excellent. The beach was beautiful. Powder white sand, warm turquoise water, plenty of loungers, beds (very nice touch), and palm shades were abundant, and of course, off limits to anybody but Turquesa guests. Your own private beach, but of course, you have access to the rest of the resort complex beaches and water and sports activities as well. The Turquesa beach, water, and sand are the best of the complex, and again, 'Membership has its privileges'. Turquesa has multiple pools, don't know how many, but we used three (3) I think, all right around our suite. Very clean, VERY cool, and of course pool bars and constant attention from the staff.

6.0

The hotel was very clean; grounds were immaculate and constantly being groomed by staff. I don't think we ever saw a piece of trash on the grounds during our entire stay. Food was pretty good for an all-inclusive at the a la carte restaurants. The two (2) on-site restaurants were the Gourmet and Le Chenterrelle. We don't really care for French type cuisine so we didn't eat there. However, the Gourmet is excellent fro breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The resort definitely caters to the Europeans, which was actually refreshing. You order from the menus and still had buffet at the same time. We liked it.

6.0

We stayed in building 58, room 5831, a grand suite which was very spacious and impeccably clean. It's on the third floor of the building and has a balcony overlooking one of the many pools. It is however, the furthest building from anything at any of the Palladium activities, restaurants, bars, and beach. For us, this was the best possible scenario. It was very quiet and peaceful which is exactly why we left for vacation to begin with. Even though it was the furthest away, the transportation services were quick to respond and would take you anywhere you wanted to go on the four resort complex. Most days we would walk to the beach and it only took a few minutes. Many, many excursions are available through the resort and with the vendors right next to the complex. The vendors are not allowed on the resort and security is pretty good about keeping tabs on folks who belong and who does not. We went fishing for a half-day trip and caught a bunch of Mahi-Mahi...good little fighters and a beautiful looking fish in the water and when you bring them on-board. Very soon, the brilliant colors fade and they are rather ugly, but they still taste good! Hint: Book fishing trip at the vendor...same one hotel uses and right next door....save 50% +....use the savings for another excursion or tip your boat crew and eat the fish at the next door restaurant.

Sonja
If your looking for a real vacation of relaxation
  • October 2014
The personal touches given to us was awesome. Andy is amazing the butler services in building 58 were on point whatever we needed we received within a timely manor. This was our second time here at Royal Suites will return. The swim up room is the only way to go. read hotel review
    5.7
Susan
Awesome vacation
  • September 2014
since we traveled in low season there was construction at the resort ( we knew this before we arrived and have previously stayed at this resort during construction so we knew that the construction would not impact our stay in any negative manner) The resort goes to great lengths to ensure the renovations do not impact on the guests vacation. The resort is very clean. A la cart meals are available for all 3 meals in the royal suites turquesa and guests of the royal can dine at the 3 sister resorts as well, this gives royal guests 10 a ... la carts to dine at ( 8 are at the sister resorts) read hotel review
    6.0

deluxe swim up suite, love that room! mini fridge, safe, coffee machine, telephone, all working , no issues.

6.0

for the royal guests there are a total of 10 a la carts available, 2 for royal guests only and 8 at the sister resorts, there are 5 buffets at the sister resorts and a buffet in the royal gourmet for royal guests who do not want to order off the a la cart menu. In the royal lobby they offer a light lunch from 12-2pm and pizzas are brought around the pools and the beach as well as fruit kabobs. there is a snack bar located in the Punta Cana section and the sports bar is open 24 hrs. bars, when we were there there were 4 bars in the royal, 2 in the swim up section ( the farthest one is only open depending on the capacity the resort is at) the lobby bar and the beach bar. At the sister resorts each lobby has a bar as does each pool ( so 8 more bars) and then there are about 6 beach bars and the sports bar as well as at least 3 bars between the a la carts. The cuisine is multinational French, Steakhouse, Italian , Japanese, Spanish ,Mexican , Oriental, Mediterranean , North American and the buffets offer a different theme every night. there are 2 different schedules for the theme nights ( the schedule for the palace buffets is different from the schedule for the bavaro and Punta Cana buffets)so that guests on a one week stay may have a theme that they like more then once and avoid a cuisine that they do not like. Atmosphere : the a la carts are well themed even down to the music played. Tipping: while it is an all inclusive and tips are included we still tip the staff.

6.0

we find the staff to be very friendly, and they will do just about anything to make your stay incredible! I will try and mention some of the excellent staff. ( sorry if I leave anyone out, as all staff are great) reception: Charlyn, Nicina and Laidy were always awesome and always smiling and Nickoulos and Ronny as well. butlers: Able, Carlos, Melky and the others want to make your stay great for you, Carlos was able to get me a different pillow and an extra blanket late on the night I was not feeling well, my husband went and asked and right then Carlos got the items for me. sorry if I left anyone out. bar staff: Gabina in the royal lobby, she makes the best cosmos! Rosanna, Gina, Narobi,Maribel, Sandra, Laidy, Delores , Sandy, Manual bartender, and the other Manual, Carlos, Luis, Roncy, Ruth, awesome! wait staff: Juan Eduardo, Juan Carlos, Alvaro, Fidencio and Micaias always made our meals special and worked very hard to make one of our friends last night extra special after a rocky start at one of the the other a la carts ( slow service and the 6 of us left before the food arrived and went to the royal gourmet where the guys outdid themselves) Thanks guys! All of the staff at the royal 2 restaurants are excellent! sorry if I left anyone out. As it is a Spanish speaking country , Spanish is the main language but most of the staff speak at least enough of other languages to do their jobs well. Our room was always kept very clean, the maid even washed the glass that had my makeup brushes in it daily, and she kept all our shoes lined up and facing the same way. additional services, there is laundry services $ we did not use them this trip but have in the past. there is 24 hr dr services $ and there is a kids club and care can be arranged $ guest complaints are handled well.

6.0

we mostly just hung by the pool, no complaints. Wifi worked great ( only had one day that it was down for a bit)

6.0

since we traveled in low season there was construction at the resort ( we knew this before we arrived and have previously stayed at this resort during construction so we knew that the construction would not impact our stay in any negative manner) The resort goes to great lengths to ensure the renovations do not impact on the guests vacation. The resort is very clean. A la cart meals are available for all 3 meals in the royal suites turquesa and guests of the royal can dine at the 3 sister resorts as well, this gives royal guests 10 a la carts to dine at ( 8 are at the sister resorts)

6.0

we were in the swim up section ( deluxe suite, love that room) and it was 7 min or so to the beach, my husband is not a beach person so we mostly enjoyed our swim up pool. there is a small village next to the royal ( turn right on the beach ) you must negotiate with the vendors in many of the shops but the Cussie Boutique has fixed prices and is the best place to buy rum to bring home as it is almost half the price the resort shops sell it for. ( the Cussie boutique is the last shop before the condos) there is also a free excursion to a couple of shopping malls but we did not do this. many of the cigar factories and jewelry stores will pick you up for free.

Lise
Perfect romantic getaway
  • August 2014
We stayed in the swim up at the Royal Suites Turquesa. If you are looking for a romantic holiday this is the perfect place. Access to the pool right outside your room with bar service right on your patio is definitely a plus. A short walk to the beach and fantastic restaurant. We especially love the cheese fondue, chateau brian for two and crepe suzette at the Chanterelle Restaurant. read hotel review
    4.7
    2.0
    Child care or playground
Linda
40th wedding celebration
  • May 2014
overall great vacation; they were very helpful with my husband who had mobility issues. Great transportation around the complex. Swim-up room fabulous. Great service with the butler in each building- especially Oskar and Karini in building 54 Biggest complaint is the food. Had four dinners- only two were considered good; meat overcooked and not of good quality on one occasion. Good dinners at the Japanese steakhouse and the La Parilla restaurant Another concern was that air conditioner condensation leaked onto the tile floor and this was a major spillage hazard- was not able to fix this but other issues dealt ... with satisfactorily. Not alot of privacy with bathroom and toilet area. read hotel review
    4.3
Susan
Another amazing trip!
  • May 2014
The royal is the adults only section of the Grand Palladium complex and has about 350 rooms. The resort is very clean and the workers are constantly working to maintain the resort. All meals at the royal suites are a la cart but there is buffet items available if you wish. All nationalities enjoy this resort but they do have a higher percentage of Europeans. read hotel review
    6.0

We had room 5041 (older section, but renovated room) and it was awesome! Great bed slept great! Really loved the ocean view!

6.0

The royal has 2 dedicated adult only restaurants, the French and the Royal Gourmet, both are excellent! On the sister properties there is a further 8 a la carts and 6 buffets as well as a sports bar and a snack bar.

6.0

We find the staff extremely friendly! Quite a few speak many languages. I always use the laundry service and they do a great job, especially getting white items very white (fee for this service).

6.0

We love the pool, but we don't go in for the activities, preferring to relax.

6.0

Love the location! Small village next door (along the beach) great for shopping, exiting the main gate and a short walk you will have more shopping and dining available.

Willie & Letinza
The best place to stay
  • Other stay
  • May 2014
The Royal Suites Turquesa by Palladium our butler: Claritza was the best (young lady) who enjoyes her job and therefore making you vacaction experience the best. We started out badly due to American Airlines with her assistance we were able to get my husband his heart medication due to our luggage did not arrive with us. She assisted us with finding the medicaion going to pick it up for us and assisting with some clothing for us. CLARITZA YOUR THE BEST because of you I will recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. Thank you, Willie & Letinza ... May 25-May 30,2014 read hotel review
Susan & Patrick
Warm and welcoming
  • April 2014
Our stay started with a very speedy check-in. This was our third visit and we were greeted with hugs and happy faces. This resort always goes out of their way to make sure all your needs and wishes are fulfilled. We have stayed in most of the room offering and we enjoyed all the rooms. Everything is clean and comfortable. We have never had any problem with differences in language, a smiling face speaks volumes. read hotel review
    6.0

Loved all our rooms. I know there are renovations going on to update the rooms which will be beautiful once finished. The beds were always comfortable and we like having ceiling fans in case you don't want to have the air conditioning on. They were cleaned twice a day and never had to ask for extra towels. Even gave me extra sleepers to take home cause I just love them.

6.0

Food is different for everyone. Something you might like may not be what other propel like. I would like to say that three things are important for me in vacationing....clean, food and top quality alcohol. We feel The Royal Suites meet all of our needs. The food is great!

6.0

Best service we have ever had which covers all aspects of our stay. Everyone from management to guardiners treat themselves and visitors with respect and care. We changed rooms after one week in our 2 week stay, which was what we had requested, to a swim-up room. I asked how big of a step it was from the deck into the pool in our room. The day before we moved to our new room one of the guys came over to me and told me he had gone over and measured three different rooms and felt that I would not have any problems getting into the pool and I would be safe. What more do I have to save, SERVICE!

6.0

Love the main pool and enjoy everyone we meet while floating around with a drink in my hand. The swim up bar is fun and the bar tenders can make all kinds of great drinks. One thing we noticed was they keep a look out for anyone who might have had a bit to much and are very careful that no one gets hurt or had an unpleasant experience. The water in the pool was always clean and very warm. A fun thing was that because I am so short there were always lots of laughs when I would try to carry a drink across the pool to my chair. Not that I would have to really do that because they will come right to your chair either around the pool or beach.

6.0

Ah, this is heaven on earth. The location of the resort is on a beautiful beach and the grounds are tropical with very large palms. Everything is natural and the resort is very conscience about recycling products and the impact it makes to the surroundings. There is always a warm soft tropics breeze with wonderful smells and pretty plants.

Cindy
Wedding Anniversary In Punta Cana, D.R.
  • Other stay
  • March 2014
We went to Punta Cana to celebrate our 1 year anniversary. We were looking for a vacation that offered leisure and relaxation by the pool or ocean.on a tropical island! We got what we were looking for in this vacation. The Resort is beautiful, very well kept. The rooms were nice and cleaned daily with comfortable (memory foam) mattresses. The staff was always friendly and always helpful. Specifically Sachenca and Providencia, great gals who went the extra mile (along with other staff and the chef) to prepare our room on our anniversary with candles, flower pedals, towel art, chocolate ... covered strawberries and a bottle of champagne. There was a shop on site that offered souvenirs and other things that may be needed during your stay.a little pricey, but hey, to be expected. There were other activities to participate in if interested, live performance theater, casino, live bands, etc. We walked the grounds many of times just to enjoy the sites, foliage and animal life of the tropics. And every where we went, a cold drink was offered. All and all a very nice place and I would go there again. read hotel review
    3.5
Franz
Very nice hotel, pure picture book beach, good food
  • March 2014
We were 3 weeks in this hotel, and felt very comfortable. The service was very good. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The beach is a dream. The food is plentiful and very good. read hotel review
Kelly
An amazing holiday!
  • March 2014
This was our second holiday to this resort and we loved it once again. Our butler Juan was amazing. The resort is gorgeous: pool, beach, and the grounds overall. The food was great, buffet included. read hotel review
Tasha
Amazing 5 day getaway
  • February 2014
6 suns The royal suites turquesa resort was everything that my husband and I could've asked for in a resort. The staff was amazing. Everything that we asked for was given to us with a genuine smile. Our butler, Providencia, was the perfect touch. She did her best to make sure that our time at the resort was well spent. The food was great, the room was very luxurious and clean with a private swim up terrace !!! The fruit was very fresh and the resort as a whole was clean and exceptional. They did their very best to make ... us feel safe in a foreign country accommodating our every need. I would definitely go back again and I'm hoping sooner rather than later. read hotel review
    6.0

The room was clean and huge. It had a jacuzzi bath, 2sinks w a lot of space for two people. The housekeeping was very efficient. They made our room beautiful with their turn down service and delicately placing flowers around the room.

6.0

All of the restaurants that we went to were very good. We only needed reservations for two of them. And there weren't any waiting lines. The wait staff were so accommodating. They did their best to deliver with a great and positive attitude. 6suns

6.0

Our butlers and housekeepers, Providencia, William& Brigida were exceptional. The service was genuine and very helpful. Service with a smile. Everything that we asked for was accommodated regardless on whether it was on the menu or not. 6 suns

6.0

6 suns The royal suites turquesa resort was everything that my husband and I could've asked for in a resort. The staff was amazing. Everything that we asked for was given to us with a genuine smile. Our butler, Providencia, was the perfect touch. She did her best to make sure that our time at the resort was well spent. The food was great , the room was very luxurious and clean with a private swim up terrace !!! The fruit was very fresh and the resort as a whole was clean and exceptional. They did their very best to make us feel safe in a foreign country accommodating our every need. I would definitely go back again and I'm hoping sooner rather than later.

6.0

The resort was very pretty with its palm trees and beautiful plants ..coconut trees. The beach was awesome turquoise water and nice sun beds and huts along the beach. 6 suns

Timo
Fantastic with a few negatives.
  • February 2014
As rating for the entire holiday, we simply say 'a dream' The hotel area was very large and extremely clean. In addition for the first time a compliment. We stayed in the old hotel. We had a very nice room except for a few minor flaws was impeccable. Also here was deseamed daily very cleanly and always very nicely decorated. A thanks to our maid nelcia p. The food in the restaurants where we ate just great. You have to highlight here the gourmet restaurant, the japanese, the buffet torres and cathedral. The service you can only say that the ... in the cathedral at best was. The gourmet we were forgotten once and the other time the service was excellent. The breakfast in the gourmet on the terrace sit, freshly baked pancakes with freshly squeezed juices. Just great. A view of the tropical garden. I want to go back - o A vexed issue wil i the management time to the anyone so as soon as possible to turn off. It cannot be the kriegsähnliche conditions on the beach because there is no provision of water sports take place. We had here also once a conflict. Dear management. Here the hotel management the pool chairs on the beach with an umbrella rating. Possibly umbrellas number and with cards in the towel output per room number assigned. The italians didn but fooled. It cannot be. That here the whole day be reserved and no guest then. There must be a solution or you lose here faithful regulars from Germany, Switzerland and Austria with which we also spoke about. And they want to certainly not a hotel full of drunk canadians. Because you will be certainly still get. And a Ballermann there are already on Majorca. Otherwise but i must say we loved it. The service at the pool bar i would also like to praise as well as the entire hotel. Even in the hectic turmoil the staff was always friendly and courteous. Our thanks here at sondi and Toni from the evening shift at the pool bar. As suggested excursions i dolphin explorer recommend. We have the programme for each $1 96 with two dolphins booked. Here behind the front desk Kelly blue t-shirt are - o was quite expensive but very nice and simply unforgettable. Those of december until march holiday here should the humpback whales in the bay of samana see. It was so great these giants live to see and this will always remain in my memory forever. Conclusion: great hotel with unforgettable memories! read hotel review
    5.7
Sue
Another Great Visit
  • February 2014
We have visited the Royal Suites 9 times so far. On arrival we were welcomed home by Tomas.a true gentleman. he efficiently looked after our bags as we went to check in. the beautiful Charlyn ensured check in was smooth. Ronny had assigned us the Presidential suite. so nice.room5042 excellent views. We were happy to see Nicholas and Ricky also. Most of our time was spent on the beautiful beach. plenty of shade and excellent service from Dolores. Leandro is a great workerwe saw him at his different jobs nearly everyday. During the evenings we would go ... to the main pool bar where Sandy and Manuel took excellent care of us. Most of our dinners were at The Gourmet or Le Chanterelle. Good variety of food. Staff very pleasant and try hard to please everyone. We are looking forward to our next visit.hopefully soon!! read hotel review
Marc
Personal immpression
  • February 2014
We did enjoyed our holidays it is so nice all around. Everyone is smiling ans easy to talk with. One suggestion in particular, the mini bar should have more than only soft drink and a couple of beer. How about 5 or 10 different 25mil of alchool ? read hotel review
    4.3
    4.4
Jean-Denis
Highly recommandable hotel
  • February 2014
Very satisfying all-included stay that we recommend without hesitation. Why? We sleep well. Food and service in the very-diversified restaurants we tried range from good to excellent (+++++ for «Mare Nostrum» and «Les Chanterelles»), with good Spanish house-wines. Also, we enjoyed the beach reserved for RST clients, because there are more shadow areas than elsewhere. Finally, we appreciated calm and beautiful green surroundings of the building #55, where our room was located. read hotel review
Elaine
Royal treatment
  • February 2014
Just returned from two weeks at RST in a Romance Swim-Up Suite (5401). Having read lots of reviews before going, we knew exactly what to expect and we were not disappointed. (We stayed previously at the Royal Suites Yucatan in Mexico and loved the laid-back relaxed atmosphere of the Canadian/Bubba friendly Palladium resort). We appreciated and enjoyed everything about our recent trip to The Royal Suites Turquesa in Punta Cana from the beach to the pools and the food. The thing that really meant the most this time, however, was the people who worked there. First of all, everyone was ... so cheerful - always smiling - always singing. The service was outstanding and there was always a ride waiting, someone to top up the drinks or see to our needs. One of the folks who made our stay wonderful was Angel, our butler. If we needed anything, all we had to do was ask.but this trip was intended for solitude and rest and that was respected as well. The most outstanding person of all was our maid, Gertrudis S., who deserves a special recognition. She worked all but one day of our 14 day stay and she was exceptional. By the end of our trip, we considered her a real friend. I have never seen anyone work so hard. The attention to detail, professionalism and the care she put into her job really lifted our hearts and made us feel special. Everyone has expectations and opinions about food, beaches, accommodations and other amenities but as an older couple, the human connections are the memories we brought home with us and these are the reasons we will return again soon! read hotel review
Sylvia
Dream beach and peace
  • February 2014
Wonderful rest on a dream beach but also close enough to the bustling life in an idyllic peace. Great cocktail bars, friendly helpful staff read hotel review
    4.5
Teresa
Amazing and wonderful holiday in february
  • February 2014
A perfekt holiday,it was like a dream.White Sand and blue Water.wundervoll People and Amazing meals at the beach and the different restaurants for example the royal gourmet. The beach was wonderful. read hotel review
    Child care or playground