ABA Hotel(2 stars)

Filters
You selected:
2 reviews for this hotel sorted by travel date

Archived reviews

These are not counted into the current average review rating, as the journey took place more than 25 months ago, or the hotel has completely changed.
Angela
Disaster! archived
  • Hotel not recommended
  • Singles
  • Translated
  • Business trip
  • October 2010
During the book fair I paid 170 euros for the room, although the standard was that of a youth hostel in Usebkistan, without insulting the Uzbeks. The room phone didn't work, thanks to a lack of telephone wire, the room was not cleaned, basic things like lamps or soap missing, by the window you could smell cooking and between two and four o'clock in the morning blasting music from a disco (during the week). The elevator caused a terrible racket. I could not sleep until four o'clock am. Because I was already disgusted, I skipped breakfast and can't say anything ... about it. The employees were polite, but not helpful. To the other guests I can't say anything but several had complained about the disco noise. A drunk man staggered towards me. Further guests I did not want to get to know. My room was out the back and there was a fire escape down that lead down to the courtyard that was in turn open to the public. I didn't feel safe. read hotel review
    1.0

The room was big, however unlovingly decorated (no pictures, no bedside lamps), equipped with tiny bathroom.

• Gastronomy
    1.0

The staff were friendly to my face, but that they didn't help me either to find a working phone or rather a telephone wire anywhere nor do anything about the noise the disco made. I got a stinky smokers room, although I had ordered a non-smoking room. The room was not cleaned. The bed at least changed.

• Sport & Leisure
  • Hotel
    1.0

During the book fair I paid 170 euros for the room, although the standard was that of a youth hostel in Usebkistan, without insulting the Uzbeks. The room phone didn't work, thanks to a lack of telephone wire, the room was not cleaned, basic things like lamps or soap missing, by the window you could smell cooking and between two and four o'clock in the morning blasting music from a disco (during the week). The elevator caused a terrible racket. I could not sleep until four o'clock am. Because I was already disgusted, I skipped breakfast and can't say anything about it. The employees were polite, but not helpful. To the other guests I can't say anything but several had complained about the disco noise. A drunk man staggered towards me. Further guests I did not want to get to know. My room was out the back and there was a fire escape down that lead down to the courtyard that was in turn open to the public. I didn't feel safe.

2.0

In the middle of the red light district, I as a woman travelling alone didn't feel safe. Everywhere there were aggressive looking men hanging around. The main station is within walking distance and also to the trade fair, however after dark it is so terrifying that I had to get a taxi into town even though I could have walked.

Jürgen
If you find nothing else archived
  • Hotel not recommended
  • Friends
  • Translated
  • Business trip
  • November 2008
The hotel was ideally located near shopping facilities. It is the two stars it was not worth it. Rude when you complain, noisy. In the rooms some things are broken as, for example, outlets, lights, bath-towel holder and so on in the week the sewer cleaning outside one made at the rear of the rooms to the yard side because they no longer live in feces smell. You can find more information on the rooms nothing open such as cookies will simply leave without asking eaten. And it is further. My advice if there is no night in this hotel read hotel review
    1.3
    Size of the bathroom
    Cleanliness & linen change
    2.0
    Room amenities (TV, balcony, safe, etc.)
    Size of the room
  • Gastronomy
    Atmosphere & furnishings
    2.0
    Quality of food and drinks
    1.0
    Overall cleanliness in the restaurant and in the dining areas
    1.0
    Variety of food and drinks
    4.0
    1.8
    Competence (handling complaints)
    Reception, check-in & check-out
    Friendliness and helpfulness
    2.0
    Staff's knowledge of foreign language
  • Hotel
    Family friendliness
    Condition of the Hotel
    1.0
    General cleanliness of the different areas
    Disabled-friendly
    Proximity to shopping areas
    6.0
    Restaurants & bars in the area
    6.0
    Transportation connection and available excursions