A place travelers can visit Athen National Archaeological Museum
Reviews: Athen National Archaeological Museum
General description: Athen National Archaeological MuseumThe National Archaeological Museum in Athens is the largest of its kind in Greece and is respected as one of the great museums in the world. It has the most in depth collection of Ancient Greek artifacts worldwide.
Let yourself be enthralled by the combination of the physical objects and the rich stories and history, woven together to take you back to Ancient Greece and civilization, which helped shape who we are today.
- The Golden Death Mask / Mask of Agamemnon
- The Boy Jockey
- Artemisium Bronze (either Zeus or Poseidon)
- The Antikythera Ephebe – statue of youth
- Opening times: Vary throughout the year. Check the official website
- Entrance fee: 7 €, (3 € for EU senior citizens & non EU students, Free for EU students & people under 19 yrs)
- Transport: 5 minutes from Victoria and 10 minutes from Omonoia metro stations. Bus no. 224, 226.
- Address: 44 Patission St., Athens
- More information: www.namuseum.gr, http://odysseus.culture.gr/h/1/eh155.jsp?obj_id=3249
13 Pictures: Athen National Archaeological Museum
Athen National Archaeol...by Anett in September 09
Athen National Archaeol...by Iris in February 10
10 reviews Athen National Archaeological Museum
... but the collection in the National Archeological Museum of Athen s is just breathtaking. Beginning this Cycladic scultures that are more that 4000 years old and semm like modern art, the gold treasure of troja and the wonderful collection of sculptures that leads you through the archaic, classical and hellenistic period of greek art. Just to name one of the few highlights. The statue of Zeus (or Poseidon) found at Cap Artemis at the north end of Euböa is one of the most perffect pieces of art that has been created!... Read more
in June 13,
Wolfgang, Age 51-55