A place travelers can visit Tokyo Metropolitan Government
Reviews: Tokyo Metropolitan Government
General description: Tokyo Metropolitan GovernmentThe Tokyo Metropolitan Government Building Observatories are open to the public and free of charge. They are meant to awake visitors interest in Tokyo and the Tokyo Metropolitan Government while enjoying an outstanding view.
A Free view of Tokyo from 202m
There are two observatories, the North Observatory and the South Observatory. They are not open every day so plan your visit in advance. There is also a Café in the South Obeservatory and a Bar and Café in the North Observatory. Both sides have a shop.
Visiting the Tokyo Observatories
Opening times: daily 9:30am - 11pm
- North Observatory: Second & fourth Monday of every month
- South Observatory: First & third Tuesday of every month
- If one of the closed days is on a holiday, the observatory will open on the holiday but be closed the following day.
- The observatories are closed during the New Year’s holiday season.
- Full information: http://www.metro.tokyo.jp/ENGLISH/TMG/observat.htm
A free alternative to the Tokyo Tower